Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Apprentices to a Master of Magic  (Read 14969 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentices to a Master of Magic
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2012, 06:00:26 pm »

I am ready to take Ardek if no one higher in the wait list septs in...

Action

Work on conjure stone spell and try to research a variant that will conjure a stone that can gather information around itself and send it to the creator

Damn, ninja'd
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2012, 06:11:29 pm »

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2012, 06:22:37 pm »

Curses!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2012, 07:06:06 pm »

((The promise of a turn soon pleases me greatly.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2012, 07:14:58 pm »

I guess I could let two in. Turn probably sometime this weekend, if you still believe me when I say such things.

Ukrainian Ranger: You're in if you want. I intend to keep my numbers hidden, partially so I can change the formulas later if research times or whatever get strange later. Combining spells like that is possible, and I am now interested in seeing where you're planning to take the noble field of Divination. I assume you want it at level 2 Divination, with both sight and sound?

Scrapheap: Accepted, here's your character sheet. Please submit an action.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2012, 07:21:10 pm »

((scapheap no r))

research a camouflage spell
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »

((scapheap no r))

research a camouflage spell
Sorry about the name.

I'm not sure what school you want to study for camouflage. Light falls under Elementalism. You could temporarily (or permanently) change just your body to be harder to see with Body Magic. You could make people not notice you with Mind Magic, although an aura effect would be beyond your skill level. You could use enchantment to make a chameleon suit. Space would probably be the best for true invisibility, but that's beyond your skill level and you might not want to start with the advanced school.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2012, 07:42:45 pm »

I'll go for the elementalism version.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2012, 01:58:40 am »

I assume you want it at level 2 Divination, with both sight and sound?
Yep
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2012, 04:18:04 pm »

Lady Zirae studies ways to effectively directly use another's knowledge for casting a spell.

Lady Zirae is uninterested in learning Thranduil's knowledge of bows & arrows personally. Otherwise she would have spent her own time learning it. He makes only marginal progress on his Animal Dreamwalk spell.

Sirra's research into creating drinking water goes slowly.

Albrecht trains his ability to spot disembodied spirits. He thinks he will now notice one in arm's reach unless he's distracted, and could scan a small room in about ten seconds.

Jamgeon gets training in knife fighting, and makes good progress.

Ardrek can't think of a way to add a strong Divination base to the Conjure Stone spell. He creates a new spell instead, using some of the old spell and recreating the rest. The spell creates a stone cube (0.5m^3), which must remain relatively intact. The cube may be moved around after its creation. More work is needed to make it less obtrusive and the observation more useful.

A halfling, Daniel, finishes Zirae's training. While the other apprentices were still being taught, he managed to tail the rangers as they returned from slave raid to the human province south-east of the Exiled Wastes. They were amused, and took him to Zirae, who saw both some potential and the desire for revenge against his society.
His first spell, one to reduce the light immediately surrounding the target, is nearly usable.

Ardrek spends some time watching the hidden entrance through a rock. He doesn't manage to spot anyone other than a few Tivoryn rangers returning from patrols, but he does spot more tracks than he would expect.

Zirae will be using significant amounts of mana next season to create weapons, and there will be little available for research.

Spoiler: Known rival stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Empire Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Province Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spell Library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thranduil(Mesor) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel Snell(Scapheap) (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2012, 04:26:36 pm »

PTW

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2012, 04:28:04 pm »

I'll continue with Cloak of Shadows spell and get in some knife training
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:30:22 pm by scapheap »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2012, 04:31:19 pm »

Train the Incorporeal Manifestation spell, studying ways to figure out if it could be made into a corporeal one instead.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2012, 04:36:32 pm »

Request the rangers bring me back some animals to tame, continue work on dream walking.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:47:51 pm by mesor »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2012, 04:52:29 pm »

Rest from magic and don't use mana unless asked by the lady. Spend majority of this time shadowing Lady Zirae assisting her in anything she desire, even if that totally non magical servant's job. Try to learn from her conjuration techniques by observing how she makes weapons and asking questions about conjuration theory when she is in a good mood

Also, in one of the chats with the lady suggest an idea to build all future stone buildings with divining stone or two to make spying easier. Another possibility is to use divining stones as a trade good to get eyes in neighboring provinces. Of cause it's better to do after Ardek improves a spell a bit, If the lady desires
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:13:52 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18