Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Apprentices to a Master of Magic  (Read 14963 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentices to a Master of Magic
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2012, 09:40:34 pm »

I dunno what this is supposed to accomplish either, but I figure bumping with a maggot can't hurt...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2012, 09:53:41 pm »

Sorry, had a busy and/or distracting week. Hopefully I'll get something up by Sunday.

Edit: Or maybe Monday? Monday's good.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 06:06:58 pm by Nirur Torir »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2012, 07:24:46 pm »

At the end of the season, Lady Zirae's rangers find evidence of an unusual amount of traffic leading to a previously unknown entrance to Medea's Stiletto. She has Ardrek enchant a rock near to be placed near the area, and intends to have him spend time watching that rather than helping with her research. ((+rep for usefulness))

Lady Zirae's research goes well, and her Conjure Weapons spell is already significantly beyond any of your capabilities. She mentions a plan to merge the spell with her knowledge of mind magic to bypass this.

Thranduil completely taps the local knowledge of bows and arrows as it pertains to the conjuration. He then begins work on a spell to induce, share, and lead a lucid dream with a nearby non-aggressive animal, which will allow him to explore its knolwedge. His request for an agent of his own is denied.

Albrecht uses his newly gained knowledge of soul magic to good effect while studying Incorporeal Manifestation. ((Remember you can customize spells once they reach [2.0], to make them more useful.))

Sirra finishes learning what she can about weaponry in general, then picks the best looking of Zirrae's three lizardman rangers, named <No, I'm not thinking up darkelven lizardman names. Do that yourself.>

Jamgeon joins the ranger stealth training again, improving his skills. As there is once again a shortage of mana, he only tries Muddle Senses once, but it works fairly well.

Ardrek writes a letter to a middling-power Tivoryn noble about wanting to be a spy. The delivery slave returns with the message that, should his information prove useful, he will be greatly rewarded after Zirae is slain. His divination focus practice proceeds well.

Spoiler: Known rival stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Empire Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Province Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spell Library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thranduil(Mesor) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ardrek(Lemon10) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NamelessAgent (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »

Pass on all my knowledge of bow&arrows to my master then focus all my efforts on my animal dream walk spell.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2012, 07:50:05 pm »

Salscrale. That was her new agent's name- a reasonably dashing lizardman she was surprised to learn was considerably better trained than herself. Well, she supposed he might have been a ranger longer than she'd been a wizard, and magic was a bit harder to get a grasp on...

Her only regret was that they couldn't train together yet. She liked the idea of getting better at pretty much everything he already knew how to do, but alas, Lady Zirae needed at least one apprentice that could actually cast her fancy new weapons spell. Maybe Salscrale would be interested as well...?

Research a spell to conjure drinking water.

Salscrale should train Scouting.

((What are the mechanics and/or decrees regarding teaching your agents magic, by the way?))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:08:55 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2012, 08:55:24 pm »

Research a spell to conjure drinking water.

Salscrale should help if he's able, and train archery if not.

((What are the mechanics and/or decrees regarding teaching your agents magic, by the way?))
If you're just researching a junk spell, it's more efficient to just focus on Conjuration. I don't think that spell will be useful unless you want to extinguish a fire or mix it with some other future spell.
Agents cannot assist with research until they've been taught magic. This will not be allowed until Zirae likes you enough.
Lady Zirae doesn't have anybody with Archery [3.00], and agents are rather slow to advance skills without training.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2012, 09:06:36 pm »

((Ah, darn, and I see. Editing.

How are apprentices with mundane skills with no precedent?

EDIT: Though actually, I like the idea of being able to conjure drinking water anyway. Maybe it'll come in handy in the desert.))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:09:39 pm by IronyOwl »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2012, 01:41:30 am »

Work on Soul Sense.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2012, 12:49:05 pm »

Ask my misstress if she has any rangers who could train me in the art of Knife fighting? Proclaim that I should be ready for a mission once my potential trainer feels that I can handle a knife in battle.

Train with a potential ranger in knife fighting.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:32:04 am by Evil Marahadja »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2012, 05:48:38 pm »

Ask my misstress if she has any rangers who could train me in the art of Knife fighting?
Yes.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »

Being able to update tonight sure would have been nice.

How are apprentices with mundane skills with no precedent?
Pretty bad.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2012, 06:13:38 pm »

What are we waiting on?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2012, 03:15:23 am »

Aw man. I got all happy thinking this had updated. :P

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »

Lemon10's now out, having ignored both the bump at a PM. I'll want a replacement before next turn. The replacement can either create a new character, same as the first players aside from a 50% xp bonus for the first five turns, or directly take over Ardrek.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2012, 05:52:56 pm »

I'll make a char in a moe.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18