Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Apprentices to a Master of Magic  (Read 14974 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentices to a Master of Magic
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 06:27:03 pm »

Mesor: You don't instinctively know how much anyone else learned.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2012, 06:31:41 pm »

(( Thats why I didn't mention a specific number. But my character will by default consider himself to be superior to all but our master and look down on everybody else. The fact that I actually did gain more skill then anybody else is just a bonus. ))
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:47:45 pm by mesor »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2012, 06:49:06 pm »

You don't need to have mentioned a number. Your dialog only makes sense if your character knows that Jamgeon didn't make much progress. He didn't, as you didn't PM me that you wanted to divide your attention by spying on him.

Please avoid using meta knowledge for RP dialog.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »

My bad I'll edit it. Didn't mean for it to seem that way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2012, 07:19:08 pm »

Switch to divination (or would this be body?), attempting to create a spell that allows the user to hear things far off for a time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2012, 07:23:17 pm »

Switch to divination (or would this be body?), attempting to create a spell that allows the user to hear things far off for a time.
Body (at least tier 2) would be if you wanted a lesser but permanent change.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2012, 07:24:36 pm »

Oooh, that's interesting.

For now I just more or less want the audible version of Detect Life to cast in the field, though.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2012, 11:19:24 pm »

Ask Lady Zaire for a few rangers to practise with. It would be easier to practise Muddle senses if you could put it into practical use it while trying to sneak past trained guards.   

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 02:12:56 pm »

Continue researching view object.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 02:38:51 pm »

"Must continue studying this. I must achieve this. Money is to be had. Free labor!"

Continue studying soul magic. It must be had, for free labor is at stake!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:17 pm »

((Bad research rolls this turn.
It is assumed that Lady Zirae learns everything you research. If you wish to hide anything, let me know beforehand, but remember that you'd be trying to hide something from the dark elven mind wizard who's employing you.))

Lady Zirae assigns her apprentices each different experiments with mind magic. She seemed pleased with the results. She is, however, annoyed with the rapid drain the focused research of five apprentices is imposing on her mana reserves. She has a small shrine constructed to increase the flow. She assigns Sirra Dalvaldrak to use her improved stone conjuration spell in an elaborate ceremony, and the shrine becomes the second stone building in the city. The show of power sways more people under her control. A burst of religious fervor lasts for a few weeks before tapering off, giving a small increase to the mana reserves.

Thranduil slightly furthers his knowledge of the mind arts. A servant brings him a deathworm, the largest of the few beasts capable of surviving in or beneath the Exiled Wastes. It is blind, deaf, nearly brainless, only a few feet long, and, despite its name, only dangerous if someone is stupid enough to eat its foul tasting flesh.

Sirra makes minor progress on an enhanced hearing spell.

Lady Zirae will allow Jamgeon to practice his spell on the rangers once it is ready, provided he does not damage them. He estimates that his spell is now halfway usable.

Ardrek slows down on his remote viewing research, but thinks he nearly has a usable spell.

Albrecht gradually increases his knowledge of soul magic.

Spoiler: Empire Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Province Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spell Library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thranduil(Mesor) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ardrek(Lemon10) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: On Mana (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:16:41 am by Nirur Torir »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2012, 05:21:10 pm »

Continue my training in mind magic and also begin research on a spell capable of taming beasts to bring them under my control permanently testing the most likely spell on the Deathworm.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 05:23:51 pm by mesor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2012, 05:35:48 pm »

"Hm. If I can perfect this, then I can rake in more profit. More profit, more respect. More respect..."
Keep working on soul magic, because money=respect=power.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2012, 06:20:26 pm »

Seeing the utility of her new talent, Sirra decides to put off her hearing spell and refine her conjuration more.

Continue perfecting Efficient Conjure Stone.

((Also it appears you gave Efficient Conjure Stone to lemon10 instead))

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2012, 01:46:52 am »

Continue research.  If I get it to 1.0 this turn, give a prepared coin to a member of a criminal organization, and try to track its movements.

((Drats you finally found out. ITS MINE THOUGH, ITS ALL MINE))
((You also gave me my mind magic points under mundane skills instead of magical skills))

((Are there cross school spells? I assume that enchanting a item to shoot flame would work with both conjuration+enchantment for example))
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18