Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Apprentices to a Master of Magic  (Read 14930 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentices to a Master of Magic
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2013, 04:15:40 pm »

Daniel wander back and forth for an idea for new spell. He trip on a chair in the darkness.

Make a spell that grant the caster nightvision.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2013, 04:21:32 pm »

(( Great I wasted all those turns on a tame animal spell that can't actually tame the only animals within 100 miles. ))

Modify the dream walk spell to enable animals that are stupid to remember things and work on the tame animal spell to enable me to tame every kind of animal.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2013, 05:35:48 pm »

(( Great I wasted all those turns on a tame animal spell that can't actually tame the only animals within 100 miles. ))
If I wasn't planning to give you the opportunity to use it, I wouldn't have let you research the spell.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2013, 07:23:37 am »

((Holy crap, the 500 tons thing piqued my curiosity so I did some calculations; sure enough, that is a massive quantity of stone. I'd just been thinking of volume, and specifically volume in number of cubic meter blocks, so I hadn't realized just how much stuff I can make.

Now if only we had some stonecrafters. Do we have stonecrafters? The economy would explode. Assuming everyone living in a cave really really likes stone mugs and rings, that is.

Man I like conjuration.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2013, 10:40:04 am »

Focus the Partially Corporeal Manifestation, while listening out for anyone looking for a 'seance' to gain money.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2013, 01:47:02 pm »

(Questions:
This sound recording... Does it record 2 days and then stop forever or is it rewriting the track over and over? If the former - can caster erase it and restart recording?  Oh, and can any other caster who knows that spell link to the divining stone created by another caster?)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »

((Holy crap, the 500 tons thing piqued my curiosity so I did some calculations; sure enough, that is a massive quantity of stone. I'd just been thinking of volume, and specifically volume in number of cubic meter blocks, so I hadn't realized just how much stuff I can make.

Now if only we had some stonecrafters. Do we have stonecrafters? The economy would explode. Assuming everyone living in a cave really really likes stone mugs and rings, that is.

Man I like conjuration.))
Sorry to get your hopes up, but I thought about how powerful that could be for a level 1 spell. I'm changing the limit to 35m^3 until you do research to raise that limit.
Of course, that's still nearly 100 tons of stone, so it probably won't make much difference unless you're trying to summon fortresses as soon as possible.
No stonecrafters, but there are artisans who could pick it up soon enough given limitless raw materials.

(Questions:
This sound recording... Does it record 2 days and then stop forever or is it rewriting the track over and over? If the former - can caster erase it and restart recording?  Oh, and can any other caster who knows that spell link to the divining stone created by another caster?)
You can save what you want, then have it rewrite everything else.
Anyone who knows the spell can indeed link to it. Really, anyone could try, but they'd have pretty bad chances without being decently skilled in divination and/or metamagic (And you'd likely notice the tampering eventually). I'm not sure how much it would cost, but probably around 10% of the normal cost. Their cost to view it would be independent of yours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »

((Curses. My hopes of instagrow guard towers to intimidate the enemy have hit yet another snag.

Next question though, is this stone of higher quality or otherwise more useful than what we normally get? You did mention marble, but I'm not sure if you meant fancy stuff.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2013, 05:47:43 pm »

((Curses. My hopes of instagrow guard towers to intimidate the enemy have hit yet another snag.

Next question though, is this stone of higher quality or otherwise more useful than what we normally get? You did mention marble, but I'm not sure if you meant fancy stuff.))
((The way I'm running conjuration, your character has to be fairly familiar with they're trying to conjure to create something of quality. Getting someone able to raise your stone lore/geology/masonry/something would let you create higher quality stone, making things made from it slightly more impressive and durable. Your character is assumed to have enough passing knowledge to conjure low grade marble.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2013, 06:02:50 pm »

((Oooooooooh. That's going to make for some fascinating Conjuration-related studies.

"I hear you're an expert in... certain fields. Certain fields I require deeper knowledge of."
"...you require deeper knowledge of lemon meringue pies?"
"It'll be very impressive at any dinners my mistress chooses to hold."))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2013, 07:40:27 pm »

((Beware, you plan a dangerous path indeed.

Excerpt taken from a journal held in the Halls of Time --
Day 403 of being shipwrecked on a desert island:
Phil questioned the Great One about why she still hasn't gotten us out of here. We have dealt with him appropriately.
Will write more in another month. There is, you guessed it, even more of the absolute best lemon meringue pie I have ever experienced calling me.))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2013, 06:50:51 am »

Hmmm... Do we have any musicians\bards in the area?
Preferably ones that Lady Zirae enjoys to listen but wouldn't mind to much if something bad happen to him
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2013, 10:44:12 am »

Sadly, no.

I could work on summoning one from the dead soon enough.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2013, 07:57:35 pm »

Ardrek loved progress with the stones, and even did one to present it to Lady Zirae and explain it's possibilities, hoping that she will like his progress.

But he became quite tired from the project and decided to work on entirely new conjurations\divination spell. "Conjure story"

Spell should conjure real, not illusionary sound from any available source of information as long as it's maintained. maintain it over book or scroll and it will be read aloud in a native language of the caster, Maintain it over sound recording stone and everyone around will  hear speech stored in it. Anything that store any kind of information that can be described by words should produce some story, as detailed as caster desire. Maybe even knowledge of other man could get extracted when the  spell will get advanced enough

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2013, 07:45:42 am »

((So did we get back without incident or reaction?))

Continue to refine Efficient Conjure Stone's yield per mana. Salscrale should train archery.

((Also is Salscrale the best archer in Lady Zirae's service by now?))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18