Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Apprentices to a Master of Magic  (Read 14939 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentices to a Master of Magic
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2012, 10:03:43 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2012, 10:22:00 pm »

SORRY.

Albrecht will attempt to study incorporeal manifestation further.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2012, 01:43:12 am »

What are the odds of a New Year's update?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2012, 11:03:02 am »

I'd say about 80% chance of an update later today. I was going to write one yesterday, but consumed too much Post-Christmas Sugar to be reliable with numbers.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2012, 03:36:00 pm »

Lady Zirae spends the season studying Space/Time magic. A slave present during one of Thranduil's study sessions collapsed into unconsciousness in a flash of darkness. He soon began to babble about formless tentacles, darkness so pure it shone, and then began speaking an incomprehensible tongue no elf should be capable of vocalizing before going into a coma. The wizardess is disturbed.

Ardrek makes great progress on conjuring a divining stone. Sirra gives a few helpful pointers for creating the stone, but can't help much with the bulk of the project. The divination spells aren't mixed, so there is plenty of room for improvement increasing the efficiency. (There is a cost to activate it for 24 hours. You may freely meditate to monitor the rock as many times as you want during this time. You may currently only be monitoring one rock at any given moment, and will be completely disconnected from your own senses for the duration. There's some disorientation on switching view points. You may spend time training to improve these.)

Daniel switches to researching a spell to paralyze his foes. He begins to understand the basic principles of elementalism.

Sirra continues to improve the amount of stone she can get out of any given amount of mana, although the spell will take an hour to cast (Up to 0.5 mana per cast). She spends some time collaborating with Ardrek, but neither helps the other much.

Thranduil continues working on his animal dreamwalk spell, and another worm is brought for him to test on. He determines that the worms don't have dreams. The rangers will bring him something more intelligent to test it on when they can be spared.

Lady Zirae decides to teach Jamgeon more about Mind Blow, allowing him to research his own offshoot of it. (Up to [2.0]. Please decide on how your character spent this turn improving it with your next turn.)

Albrecht makes minor success. The spirit is now able to lift light objects for a short period of time, or exert a moderate amount of poorly concentrated force.

Patrolling rangers sight a small group of unknown dark elves leaving Medea's Stiletto with a few heavy bags. They track them for a few weeks, where they eventually disappear into a cave, at which point Lady Zirae's rangers return. They do not believe they were discovered.

Lady Zirae will send up to two volunteering apprentices to lead the follow-up patrol. This could be quite dangerous if the new group is supporting the Conspirators, which she considers likely. Reconnaissance and intelligence gathering are the primary goals. Finding and making contact with potential supporters are of tertiary concern, after getting out alive and not aggravating the situation. Volunteers should have some time for their own research if they are not unexpectedly delayed. (Please state why you should be chosen, if you wish to go.)

A few more civilians die in squabblings.

Spoiler: Known rival stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Empire Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Province Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spell Library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thranduil(Mesor) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel Snell(Scapheap) (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2012, 05:13:07 pm »

Tame the worm then send it out hunting.

"I wish to volunteer, my people are stealthy by nature so this kind of job is well suited to my talents, additionally if I can locate any small insects then I can tame them and send them in to spy and recover the knowledge from them afterwards with my new spell giving me a much wider variety of options then anybody else can offer."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:32 pm »

Continue refining Efficient Conjure Stone. Salscrale should continue Archery.

"I might be well-suited for this task, especially if I'm allowed to bring my agent. I have no combat or infiltration ability, but I am more perceptive than my fellows. That could come in handy assessing the situation from a safe distance."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2012, 03:32:40 am »

Continue messing with the Paralyic Shock spell.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »

Perfect the Partially Corporeal Manifestation.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2013, 05:30:44 pm »

Ardrek prefer to stay out of dangerous situations and concentrated his efforts on improving divining stone spell. This time he tried to add sound recording to the stone.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2013, 02:50:01 pm »

Still waiting on Evil Marahadja.

Tame the worm then send it out hunting.

"I wish to volunteer, my people are stealthy by nature so this kind of job is well suited to my talents, additionally if I can locate any small insects then I can tame them and send them in to spy and recover the knowledge from them afterwards with my new spell giving me a much wider variety of options then anybody else can offer."
The worm is too stupid to teach to hunt, and your dreamwalk spell probably won't work on even stupider insects.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2013, 08:47:25 am »

Marahaaaaadjaaaa....

You're even one of our stealth agents, I'm curious how you'll react.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2013, 08:57:06 am »

(( Well it was intended to read the thoughts of animals why would it not work? It still has a mind. ))

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:13 am »

(Oh, sorrysorry, I was away for  new-year eve, so I missed this update entirely!)

Jamnans mindblow: Able to affect several people at once. But at a slightly higher mana expense.

Jamnan will focus on mind magic this turn.

Jamnan Bowed before Lady Zirae. "May I suggest a co-operation with me and Sirra Dalvaldrak? Our skills should complement each other perfectly. She will be able to give scout the area and their camp from a safe distance. Helping me to infiltrate it if we deem it necessary. I will also be able to provide limited combat support.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:17:55 am by Evil Marahadja »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2013, 04:06:02 pm »

((I realized I should have done the missions before the turn. I'll get that sorted later and send PMs out tonight or Monday night, then decide how things played out afterwards. I'll roll their studies now, and retcon them away if they end up staying.))

Lady Zirae decides to send Sirra and Jamgeon on the mission, accompanied by the former's agent and five other rangers. She studies a Mind Magic spell.

Thranduil spends a frustrating month trying to tame the moronic worm, and eventually gives it up as impossible. He spends the rest of the season working on his animal dreamwalk spell. He finds that he cannot use it on insects [or anything stupider than a dog], but might be able to design a spell to alter an unintelligent brain to better store information for later extraction.

On her return, Sirra continues increasing how much stone she can summon at once, and can now summon nearly 500 tons of marble in an hour.

Daniel creates a spell to fill a poked target with electricity, likely rendering it unconscious.

Albrecht improves both his ability to bind self-manifesting souls and his general knowledge of soul magic.

Ardrek adds onto his divining stones the ability to remember sounds. When scrying through the object, he can easily ignore empty parts, but will need to listen to any talking in real time to determine if it's worthwhile. The recording cannot pause itself to save space. ((You could work around the former with more not-perfectly-named divining slots. Say, listen to three tracks at once, at somehow understanding them. Mixing level 2 Enchanting or Soul Magic into a future iteration would let it start the recording when something changes, then pause once it's boring again. At higher levels they could help sort through it.))

On his return, Jamgeon improves his skill at mind magic. ((You can't really upgrade a spell to AoE if it requires a few seconds of eye contact.))

Spoiler: Known rival stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Empire Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Province Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spell Library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thranduil(Mesor) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel Snell(Scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18