Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Apprentices to a Master of Magic  (Read 14941 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apprentices to a Master of Magic
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:09 pm »

Go into the wild and tame some animals with my spell, continue work on the dream walk spell.
There's nothing to tame. You're in a frozen wasteland. It doesn't even have bears.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2012, 06:15:51 pm »

Continue research on Conjure Potable Water. Have Agent Salscrale practice his archery.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2012, 04:25:03 am »

Keep on study knife fighting. Until your trainer says you are a good enough fighter.

(Yay, it is back!)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2012, 08:46:51 pm »

((On spell improvement:
Spells at [2.00] are considered baseline. They may be researched up to [5.00] to improve various aspects. This is basically +3 upgrade points, which may be used to upgrade part of it [damage, less mana cost] or new abilities [Ghost steals lifeforce to maintain itself, Golem self-repairs].
Once a spell is at [5.00], you may research a near-identical successor at the next teir, with a research bonus until [2.00]. Think of it as throwing make-shift add-ons at a spaceship, then making a new one, designed from the outset to include them.

You should see better overall results if you include disadvantages. There's only so much damage you can get out of an instant fire bolt spell without increasing the mana costs.))

Lady Zirae improves her Conjure Weapons spell and studies Metamagic.

Between training sessions with the rangers to learn about knife fighting, which he gains basic proficiency at remarkably fast, Daniel gets a castable Cloak of Shadows spell. It still takes too long to cast, and makes him even more obvious if he tries using it in non-poor lighting.

Albrecht makes little progress, both stumped by the problem and with restricted mana. He only gets his spell to the point where the spirit can slightly chill someone by touch.

Thranduil suffers even more problems than Albrecht, but his Animal Dreamwalk spell is nearly ready. The rangers bring back nothing, as Lady Zirae wants them to remain in the province until she has beaten the Tivorians. ((Population growth's been down slightly since the rebels appeared, as they haven't been taking slaves. Should probably have mentioned it.))

Ardrek spends the season shadowing Lady Zirae, trying to pickup more conjuration knowledge without wasting mana and garnering more favor. She seems amused enough, and teaches him useful bits and pieces. Aside from her duties as near-leader of Midea's Stiletto, she spends time working on Conjure Weapons until she declares it satisfactory, then begins arming her troops. After hearing his proposal for the divining stone spell, she suggests that, should he get them down to figurine size, a few could be placed in other cities by the rangers.

Sirra feels a hair's breadth away from being able to create potable water from nothing, and feels more competent at Conjuration in general.

Jamgeon continues training until he is quite competent with a knife. He surpasses his trainer's skills.

Lady Zirae creates weaponry for 200 shortbowdrow and 300 swordsdrow. She is pleased with the results. Somehow, the Conspirators convince most of the remaining neutral nobles to join them. It's getting dangerous to leave the safety of the area under Lady Zirae's direct control; a few farmers are killed by unrest.

Now that her forces are ready, The wizardess is considering the best way to end the Conspiracy and eliminate the rebel nobels, with minimal casualties to her workforce. If it comes to an all-out battle, virtually everyone will be drafted.

Spoiler: Known rival stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Empire Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Province Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spell Library (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thranduil(Mesor) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Daniel Snell(Scapheap) (click to show/hide)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2012, 10:03:46 pm »

After getting some needed experience in conjurations, Ardrek returned to the research of divine stone conjuration.

At this stage he had several goals: Improve generic efficiency of the spell, make it cheaper to cast or maintain divination link and make stones more capable to absorb magic and\or information. The only thing he didn't care about was the size of the rocks conjured. Ardrek was willing to even reduce size of the stone per mana if that helped other goals

Also, Ardrek closely  cooperated with Sirra during that period
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:03:47 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2012, 04:52:17 am »

Daniel, putting his spell on hold, look into a lightening spell that would paralyzes his unfortunate target for a short while.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »

Further improve efficient conjure stone to be even more efficient, cooperating with Ardrek if that's helpful to our respective projects. Also increase the casting time or especially slow the growth rate if that will improve its efficiency or yield without becoming onerous.

Have Salscrale continue archery practice.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:01:13 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »

Continue work on dream walk

Make a request for any possible live animal to be brought to me.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2012, 02:21:22 am »

Approach my mistress. Tell her that I am ready to do simple sabotage, assassin and spying mission.

Start training on the mind blow spell

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2012, 05:17:45 am »

"Hey Sirra, should we work together? Our researched spells are close enough you we may aid each others research. Or if you want. I may delay my research for a season and aid you in an efficient  stone conjuration research if you agree to share all the results.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2012, 05:37:32 am »

Sirra scratched her chin.

"What were you working on again? Some kind of... divination rock?

Hm... it's interesting, but what's it for?"

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2012, 06:17:32 am »

Ardrek smiled
"My little project? I hope to develop it in a stone that would be ideal for spying on enemies or own subjects and assisting in defense of any castle built with some divination rocks added. In future I plan to add some other fun things to the stone. like mind reading, magic detection, information storage and making the spell easier to cast and maintain."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2012, 07:00:14 am »

"Sounds... a bit complicated, actually. It might actually mesh well with something I've been planning, depending on this and that, but I'm not sure if we can be of help to each other or not. The spells both create stone, but I'm not sure if that's enough.

I suppose it's worth a try, if so."

((Action edited, though I'm not sure if this'll work or not.))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2012, 07:10:13 am »

Nevermind
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:57:00 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »

There will be no Christmas Update, as we're missing a turn.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18