Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: X Lords of Creation  (Read 12716 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: X Lords of Creation
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2012, 06:16:11 am »

Yanesht frowns at the poisoned populace and the strange many directions that his land has taken. Pondering how this can be remedied, only for a moment, it reassess it's hoof, gesturing quickly at the void.

Create plane: Varong, The World Labyrinth [-3AP]
Yanesht claims Varong as his plane [-0AP]

A strange world appears where there was none, separate from the planes already begotten. It is a strange world with no surface. The world is endless tunnel, sometimes opening up into large rooms, other times squeezing down into small tunnels that one can barely inch through. This land will hold many treasures and many dangers as well as the court of Yanesht, which can easily be both. It is said that any mortal to make entrance to Yaneshts court, bringing a worthy sacrifice will have his ear.

Yanesht grins, as much as the foam dripping from his mouth will allow that is, and thinks to himself, "A fine challenge."
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2012, 06:19:22 am »

Varong

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:24:13 am by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2012, 07:05:48 am »

Ixion, the Void:

Ixion, looking upon Elysion, made it his own home.
Claim Elysion as his home. -0AP
Planar travel to Elysion. -0AP

He entered his new home and looked upon it.

It was wonderful.

He summoned his children to Elysion, to view it with him.
Teleport Rhadamanthys, Tantalus, Galatea, and Hyperion to Elysion. -?AP

Finally, he grabbed lightning, godly essence and more clay, and using the might of Elysion, crafted the Thunderous Orb, that acted as a sort of defense for the realm.
Create Artifact: Thunderous Orb. -0AP because it was made in his home plane (Elysion).
It will absorb any lightning magic used by outsiders and siphon a small amount from others.
It will also augment any lightning magic used by Ixion or his immortal children.

Seeing that the orb was too powerful for transport outside Elysion, Ixion took it and molded it into the fabric of the plane, placing it eternally upon Mount Elys , the highest mountain he could find, and left it unreachable to all but the most determined of mortals.
Edit Plane: Turn the Thunderous Orb into part of Elysion itself, imbuing the plane with its power, but at the cost of it losing Artifact status and being immovable.-0AP because it's his home plane (Elysion).
Spoiler: Current Status (click to show/hide)
(Better?)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:02:30 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2012, 11:08:14 am »

Ixion, Elysion:

Ixion, looking upon Elysion from Mount Elys, decided that he would move his people, the Ixukin here.

But first, he would make his fortress here.

He took clay and imbued it with his lightning, then baked it hard by superheating it with lightning bursts.

He named it Myrmidon, and shaped it into a fortress he could live in lavishly.

Edit Plane: Elysion: Make Myrmidos, the Fortress of Ixion.
A tall marble castle, with walls and such. It's halls are reported to have fountains of wine and infinite baskets of fruit within.-0AP because he is editing his home plane. (Elysion)

He then let his children build their homes on the plane, and in time house their mortal brothers and sisters nearby.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 11:28:31 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2012, 11:54:21 am »

Rsisus to Dinomantus.

Rsisus continued to hover under the sun, meditating, even as a tentacle speeds away, towards Dinomantus, an image of the light god appearing.

"You wish for constant change, do you not? Occul-Fren will be arising from the seas...and they need food and fight and a chance not to survive. Your beetles would be wonderful for that, if only they were bigger. May we work together?"

Rsisus to Xaeros.

An image of the light god appeared to Xaeros, his tentacles wrapping around his back, the Bugs that inhabited the void staying away from them.

"Greetings o' Enduring one. How are your people? Doing well, I hope?"

Rsisus to The Hollow One.

"May I ask, simply, as to what type of god you are? I saw you plague the males of the Jackelmen with sickness and rot and wished to know."

Points received.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:55:55 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2012, 02:31:54 pm »

Xaeros remained mostly inactive for a time, consolidating his powers - he knew he would need them in the times to come, with a god-war brewing.

Raise Divine Rank (-3)

Xaeros to Rsisus

"They will survive, despite these dark times... Though the actions of the other gods worry me. They do not realize what they may break and destroy forever by doing unconsidered actions, and few of them worry about those who may be caught in the crossfire, should they challenge your authority over this plane again."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:01:18 pm by Shootandrun »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2012, 04:16:06 pm »

Rsisus to The Hollow One.

"May I ask, simply, as to what type of god you are? I saw you plague the males of the Jackelmen with sickness and rot and wished to know."

Points received.
AP: 4/4

The hollow one opened its eyes, orange blames burning bright from hollows within straw yet ungathered, the tattered remnants of clothes never worn hanging about his stocky form. "I am a god who's time has not yet come," he answered in the raspy whisper of a hundred falling leaves, his gaze turning out upon materium. "There are no seasons, here," he lamented, "no need to eat, to take up the plow and harvest. But this...this shall change."

And as he spoke, the straw shell which held him split in twain, unraveled and formed anew. And there stood his avatar, The Husk which binds seed while it is still ripe and young to guard it from death, as this world surely was.
And as he spoke, the seasons began, beginning with that of Autumn, and the flora of the materium found that it was dying, or else preparing for the slumber which would come in preceding winters.

The Hollow One:
Mold Land - Create the four seasons upon Materium (3/4AP) (2/3 actions toward Death Domain)
Create Avatar - The Husk (0/4AP) (3/3 actions towards Death Domain)

Spoiler: For next round (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:09:59 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2012, 04:31:39 pm »

Ixion, Elysion:
He looked upon his land from the balcony of Myrmidos.

To the north, Tantalus was walking back to the Materium.

To the west, Rhadamanthys was building a fortress, that was in similar form, only more warlike to Myrmidos.

To the east, Hyperion was building himself a small palace, a place to relax when not called upon.

Ixion smiled, before calling a rainstorm upon the world. It was a small one.
Cast spell: Rainstorm on Elysion, making it rain for an hour or so. -0AP

Tantalus, the Materium:
He went back to the Materium after seeing his father's land. Tantalus liked it, but he thought of it more as a vacation home rather than a true home.

He preferred the Materium. It was more interesting.

He was weary, so he flew back to the northern homeland of the Ixukin, his mortal relatives.

He sought rest, he was weary from the effort it took to travel planes; even though it was his father's and his to use and modify.

He saw a fair maiden amongst them in the town; and she was unmated. Tantalus was smitten.

He could not resist.

He took her, and lay with her in his room.

And so began the life of the first grandchild of Ixion.

Procreate with a mortal.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:29:44 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2012, 04:42:31 pm »

Zegof floated through the spire that was the God-Smith's Forge ever o slowly, taking in the sounds of the hammers on iron, forge fires being stocked, and much more. His mind raced in fifty different trains of though, but he quickly reigned them into one as an idea came to mind. He moved forth from one of the forges opening out into the pit below, and flat platform rose from the lava below.

Bridges of earth grew to connect corridors to the center platform where Zegof now stood. He let forth sparks, just sparks of his being and they fell to the ground and infused the ground with true power. Where the sparks landed pillars of iron raised up from the ground beneath him, a pavilion of pure iron carved with flame that looked as if they were alive moving about on the pillars.

A dip in the inside of the pavilion lead to a pit filled with a pure white flame that shimmered brightly as it danced about looking for something to touch, something to consume.

His creation done he reached out his mind to that of all mortals in existence and spoke in more a prophecy then truth to them,

"Those who have been spewed forth into this world given little purpose.
Those who will search, and in time cause strife.
Those who seek change travel to the Plane shielded by the Blue Flame.
Seek out the White Heart Fire and power shall be granted.
Sparks so bright they shall shine till the Gods fade will be embedded.
Fires so strong they burn the earth beneath feet shall be your power.
Righteous shall be those worthy of being wielders of the White Flame.
Unjust shall be those that feed the White Flame.

Create the White Flame in the heart of the God-Smith's Forge, an artifact (-3 AP)

Spoiler: The White Flame (click to show/hide)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2012, 07:02:16 pm »

"I am a god who's time has not yet come,"

Rsisus to The Hollow One

Rsisus gives a nod, his legs still crossed under him, and the level of detail in the image makes it hard to notice if it's a projection, unless you looked from the side.

"I wish my people...the ones who will emerge from the sea, to learn to sew crops upon the salty shore of the world sea. I ask for your assistance in this matter, since you seem to enjoy agriculture...and are a man of straw, like the ones from my old home."

Rsisus to Xaeros.

Rsisus gives a nod, his legs still crossed under him, and the level of detail in the image makes it hard to notice if it's a projection, unless you looked from the side.

"Can your people build structures that endure beyond the ages of mortal ilk?"

Rsisus waited, before taking the Occul, subjecting it to the void and casting it into the sea, the water forming tendrils, tentacles, spiny suckers, as well as a number of other unsavory, barbed, pointed masses. Beaks and teeth and hooks.
Fighting, breeding and feeding off one another, populating the sea in their horror, the Occul themselves being weaned from their master's light, sent to feed on the beasts below the waves.

Create a subrace of the Occul, known as the Sea-terrors, large, evil beasts, all the meat heavy in protein, and barbs and hooks perfect for spears. They dwell in the deep water, a few straying towards the shore, once in a great while. [1/4 spent]
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:50:33 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »

Xaeros appeared before Rsisus - his shape was now that of a being similar to an Earthen, but made entirely of diamond - instead of simply replying mentally. He looked at the other god with a strange look, perhaps curious.

"Not yet, but one day they will be able to. They know how to tame earth and stone and to build structures to serve their needs, but they lack the knowledge to let them outlast more than a few generations of mortals. One day I will change that, but I do not have the strength to do so just yet. It matters not - time does not affect me, and in the end it will not affect them, either."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2012, 08:30:10 pm »

Rsisus to Dinomantus.

Rsisus continued to hover under the sun, meditating, even as a tentacle speeds away, towards Dinomantus, an image of the light god appearing.

"You wish for constant change, do you not? Occul-Fren will be arising from the seas...and they need food and fight and a chance not to survive. Your beetles would be wonderful for that, if only they were bigger. May we work together?"

Dinomantus replied sullenly, "I am sick of destruction and doom and death. Take what you will, bigger beetle if you must, but I will have nothing to do with this or with thee." before turning back to his work. It was time to do just as he had said and pull out all that he had mistakenly made within the Materium and to bring it to the relative safety of the Void, idly transporting startled occul back to the seas. Around the shore, Dinomantus errected a ring of glass and iron, protecting the patch of earth from all the dangers of the Void.

Shift Land(-2): Move the Great Shore and about a mile or so of Desert and Ocean on either side into the Void. It is now a giant ringworld. Mould Land(-1): Giant glass shield. Anything that happens to be dwelling there at the time, aside from the two demigods, gets plane shifted by Dinomantus back onto the Materium.

"Here, I will begin again, with a society of beasts. You two shall be their masters. I shall instruct you both in the language of beasts, in the arts of healing and in the proper ways to pray to your most benevolent creators. But first..."

Nourish Populace(-1 Pantheon): Counter the curse of infertility put on them.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2012, 03:57:19 am »

Shaanaar returns to check on any mortals who may have begun any offerings in his name.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2012, 10:29:22 am »

Ixion, Elysion:
Ixion sat on his throne in Myrmidos, contemplating the matter of transferring the Ixukin to Elysion.

On one hand, he could transfer them all, but that would be tedious and he would be ripping them out of their homes.

On the other hand, he could simply create them again here, but that would be unfair and against the purpose of the plane.
"I cannot choose. I want to transfer them here, but that would take their homes and livelihood away.
I could recreate them, but that would simply conquer the purpose of the plane being created....

*sigh* I will recreate them. It is easier."

And so he took two pious Ixukin and turned them into Elysi, a relative race to the Ixukin and decided that he would have Hyperion herald them as legends later.
Create Subrace: Elysi: They are like Ixukin, only hornless and more fair-haired; their range of hair is from silvery grey to white. They are also more attuned to lightning, but as a consequence, lose out against earth-attuned magic. -1AP

Rhadamanthys, Elysion:
He stood in his new fortress. It was on a mound of raised land, overlooking the land around. It was a smaller and altogether more warlike facsimile of Myrmidos.

He named it Palladius, as it was a fortress of defense for this plane, and later, the people of his plane.

He mused briefly on Tantalus, his chaotic brother. He loved Tantalus dearly, but he didn't like his behaviour, nor how he acted; he always thought he was acting more entitled to things.
"Tantalus. My brother, and yet also my rival.

I remember the time when both of us were assigned to guard the Ixukin against the hordes of insects. I simply stood still and protected them, but him? He ran off, and berated me when I tried to pull him back. He said that he was eldest, and eldest knew best.

He's arrogant, but I cannot help but love him. He is my brother. Albeit, he should act more like me, Galatea and Hyperion.

Then again, he thinks he's higher in Father's eyes than us. He isn't.

Is he?"

Rhadamanthys banished that thought. Ixion loved all his immortal children equally.

Did he?

Tantalus, the Materium:
From the moment he had found out he had impregnated the mortal, Tantalus was first anxious, then repentant.

He knew he had done this, so he had to fix it.

He considered smiting the mortal, but then he realized that his Father, Rhadamanthys, and possibly Galatea would berate him.

He considered leaving her, but that would be cruel.

So he stayed.

He helped her in any way he could. He helped her work, find food, vouched for her with his authority, anything.

And eventually, the physical attraction became mental, and mutual.

Tantalus eventually decided that one day, he would bring her to Elysion.

After their child was born, of course.

The birth itself was hard; the child was strong, after all, it's father was the Thunderous Champion, and the woman nearly died delivering it. Tantalus did all he could in his power to keep both alive, and he succeeded.

It was a girl. They named it Medea.

The child would grow to be legendary amongst her people, and eventually earn her place in Elysion...in time.
Spoiler: Family Tree: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:27:56 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2012, 01:34:06 pm »

(Bump. Sorry, but I want to see if anyone continues this. I'll start rampaging if it dies. :P)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9