Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: X Lords of Creation  (Read 12732 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
X Lords of Creation
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »

Hello everyone! I wish to create a new LOC game. In this game, you take the role of a new god and help to create a tale with creation and hopefully not a lot of fighting  between players. This is a game of creativity and story-telling, and while the GM shouldn't limit things, I'll have to veto anything that's a direct ripoff of something else.

Now, a big thanks to Grek, Psyco Jelly and all those other people who made LOC the fun, wonderful game it is and whose rules and system I blatantly and apologetically ripped off.. If you two have any problems with me running a game like this, please let me know, and I'll take it down!

For people wanting to sign up, pm me, when and if you get approval, you may post your profile in the main thread.

Here is what the players need to know about gods.

Creating a God:
Players need to contact me before posting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is what the players need to know about actions.

Every monday or as soon as every player posts(which is recommanded), you will be restored to full AP.

Free actions:

Divine Actions

Combat

Recommended Domains

When making a plane please use the information found in the SRD hypertext document for 3.5, found here http://www.d20srd.org/srd/planes.htm#planarTraits

You can roleplay the mortals in your flock. However, the power levels are limited; in the first year, mortals cannot exceed level 9, in the second year, they cannot exceed level 18. In year three… just keep epic mortals to a minimum.

When posting, please add the following to your post, so we know which god/mortal etc is speaking, and his location, we call this The make everyone A Happy Camper Rule.

AP does not carry over from week to week.

Please PM me, the GM before you post ANYTHING AT ALL

We'll begin when we get five gods. Others can feel free to join at any time.

OOC THREAD
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 06:30:20 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: X Lords of Creation
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:06:52 pm »

Name: Rsisus
Primary Domain: Light
Alignment Domain: Balance.
Portfolio element: Laws
Symbol: a set of measuring scales
Alignment: CN
Divine Rank: 6

Rsisus often times takes the form of a winged angel, made of solid, pure, blinding, white light. Two sets of thick, pure, light wings sprout from his back, over six sets of tentacles, all of which radiate pure, undiluted light, enough to burn the eyes of any mortal who dares to look upon him.

And the world burnt under Rsisus wing's, light sheering away seas and lands, and it was good.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:41:55 pm by filiusenox »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 04:23:47 pm »

Name: Dinomantus the Chimeral
Primary Domain: Nature
Alignment Domain: Chaos
Portfolio: Insects
Symbol: A green befeathered millipede.
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
DR: 6

Dinomantus appears into the void, currently taking the form of a massive grey moth with the head of a dog and the feet of a duck. Atop his back numerous creature chitter and bray, waiting for their chance to be born into the world.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 04:37:35 pm »

Name: Zegof the God Smith
Primary Domain: Fire
Alignment Domain: Indifference
Portfolio element: Forge
Symbol: A Blue Flame
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Zegof appears, a bright blue flame bringing burning in the blackness of the void, he gives light to the dark, but the dark swallows it up before him as he reaches out towards the mortal plain. Searching, seeking, always looking ...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 04:38:38 pm »

Name: Kierrin, The Hollow One
Primary Domain: Autumn
Alignment Domain: Indifference
Portfolio element: Harvest
Symbol: A Scarecrow
Alignment: CN
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 04:43:03 pm »

Name: Yanesht, The Restless
Primary Domain: Endurance
Allighnment Domain: Balance
Portfolio element: Penance
Symbol: A bloodied flagella
Alignment: LN
DR:6

Yanesht appears in the void as a white yak, standing on it's hind legs, weeping blood and foaming at the mouth. It wanders, displeased.

As I continued, I would not relent. I could feel my body protesting. My lacerations have opened and become anew. My stomach aches as I breathe, wounds refusing me respite. I can hear words forming on my lips without intention "Not yet." I spoke "You are not allowed to die."

- Book of Forgotten Woes
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:30:21 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 04:44:20 pm »

If I may.

Name: Ixius, Emperor of Storms
Primary Domain: Lightning
Alignment Domain: Pride
Portfolio element: Storms
Symbol: A thunderbolt striking a tower on a yellow background
Alignment: CG
DR: 6

Takes the form of a large, shaggy black horse with wings and a yellow horn.
It bristles with electricity.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 05:36:05 pm »

Rsisus

Rsisus drifted into the new-born universe, his blinding light illuminating the all-consuming darkness of the void. He paused in his travels, hovering to the center of said void. His tendrils wrapped around the darkness, separating it, before destroying it. Doing this over and over until matter forms.

There's a moment of silence before a swathe of the void, as infinite as it's forebear, shimmers, walls of blinding light separating it from the darkness, the barriers parting the void from the material realm in their fury.

(Create plane: Materium)[-3]

With his work done, Rsisus rested in the center of the newly formed plane, his light flaring forth, serving as a makeshift sun...and a beacon.

Spoiler: Materium (click to show/hide)

Points got!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:28:49 pm by filiusenox »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 06:04:49 pm »

Spoiler: The World (click to show/hide)

Dinomantus was floating within the void.

It had taken the shape of a great moth and, as it is with all moths, he found himselves drawn toward the flame that had settled into the hungry void.

"Bright blue being amid the bleakness. Why burn bluely bright and brightly blue do you? All is empty where it should be full. Nothing to catch the light or the foot as it falls. Nothing to breathe or to burn. All shapeless where shape should be, echoing emptiness around echoing emptiness. Will you come to help me?"

(Create Pantheon: Creators)[-2]

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 06:15:38 pm »

Name: ARPKTK
Primary Domain: Life
Alignment Domain: Uncaring
Portfolio element: Hunting
Symbol: An open mouth full of sharp, jagged teeth
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Divine Rank: 3

Spoiler: Epithets (click to show/hide)

A shadowy haze slowly begins to form on the edge of the shimmering barrier between the material plane and the void outside. It ponderously extends black tendrils of smoke outwards, exploring its surroundings. After a few moments of encountering nothing but empty space, a disgruntled air begins to effuse the dark cloud. Its writhing wisps of smog withdraw back into its befogged mass, and it begins to spread, enveloping the entire plane in a thin blanket of black smog. For a few moments, nothing happens. Then, a drip- drip- drip- and suddenly a shower of inky black water bursts forth, like rain from a stormcloud, and empty space begins to fill up with black waters.

(Create land: Oceanus, the Primal Seas)[-2]

As the plane is filled with water as black as itself, the blanket of smog begins to withdraw into itself, once again becoming a cloud of darkness. It remains still for a few moments. Then, trailing wisps like a thousand serpents begin to spread from it into the waters, wrapping about itself over and over again, until the smoke begins to coalesce, forming a long, thick body with massive fins, then a curving, scythe-like tail and a triangular head that splits open to reveal a grinning maw with rows and rows of massive teeth.

Eat.

"The King of Beasts has no form, for It is the terror that haunts the nightmares of all things that know what it is to be chased by tooth and claw. The Feral God has no name, for It is the voice of the Hunter, the predatory instincts that drive every creature that devours flesh and gnaws bone. If Its worshippers have need to depict It, they simply draw Its fearsome, toothy jaws. If Its Worshippers have need to refer to It, they call It by one of Its many epithets- or by the symbols of ARPKTK." -Theonomicon
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:43:08 pm by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 06:24:19 pm »

Name: Kreyasrba
Primary Domain: Creation
Alignment Domain: Balance
Portfolio element: Rotation
Symbol: Hoag's Object https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoag%27s_Object
Alignment: Neutral

Kreyasrba takes a form of a mass of energy, or to simply a wisp.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 06:34:11 pm »

]ARPKTK[/font]

Psst. This one is already taken.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 06:35:31 pm »

Yanesht opens his hoof, displeased with the lack of this place. From his hoof sand begins to flow and land is born, and the lens between darkness and realm is torn asunder.

(Create land: Ihouk, The Grand Desert) [-2]

Sands twist among massive standing stones, balancing, like red carven pedestals. Large felines of many different builds claw their way out of the newborn grit curling and slinking about. Oasis and caves pepper the land, lending to the wanderer spirit, making many places to hide and many things to be found. Strange trees twist up out of the sands, growing taller and taller, leafless, like massive tendrils.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 06:38:48 pm »

]ARPKTK[/font]

Psst. This one is already taken.

((Whoops, sorry. Do you know anything else that'd go with being a giant-ass hunter-stalker-killer?))

((Edit: Nvm File gave me ideaz.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:42:45 pm by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 06:52:07 pm »

Rsisus

Rsisus raised a single, ill-defined eyebrow at the sudden activity surging forth in the Materium, and the demi-god that now prowled the sea's hungrily. With a flick of his fingers, a creature formed of sand and sea rose forth, it shared it's god's shape, only lacking the two broad wings. His heat baked it into solidarity, creating a stone of black that slowly trudged to the edge of the black sea and let it's feet dangle into it, softly swishing.

Beget God-Ish -- The Desert Golem [-0 AP]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:28:37 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9