Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: X Lords of Creation  (Read 12725 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: X Lords of Creation
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 04:13:48 pm »

Dinomantus, from the void:

"Creators and keepers of the creeping coast, our servants are in dire, deadly danger. We must move the Materium, move it so that our makings are moved out of it! Sunder the shore from sea and sand and shift it to the shapeless spaces of the Void!"

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 04:20:51 pm »

Seeing still, that there was no need for him, The Hollow One closed his eyes and began to rest, planting the seed of his being within some ephermal ground.
When next he woke, he was stronger. He had evolved.

(-3AP, Evolution)
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2012, 04:20:51 pm »

Ixion, the Void:

He awoke from his slumber, to the moth-god shouting a warning.
Ixion responded quickly.

"Are you mad? You would kill all mortals by moving them into the Void! The sheer godly power would kill them!"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2012, 04:27:04 pm »

Rsisus to Dinomantus, Materium and to the rest of the Gods.

Rsisus sighs once, before drifting back to the Materium.

"Why can you not just recreate them? From another race? I'll let you create and destroy whatever you wish on the Materium, but if you create something from a creature I made in my image, could you not ask before you do it? Not ask before you change it into something heretical to my image"

Once ARPKTK has eaten her fill, Rsisus crushes the remnants of the Occul and Earthen derived sub-races by shifting the gravity of the land they stand upon, until they are pulled to the ground and crushed into oh-so-much meat. (Mold Land: Gravity Wells(?). He leaves the two Demi-Gods alive, but curses them with infertility.

"Build! Grow! Turn the land to seed or make it fallow! The Materium is free to use, free to build upon as you see fit! But if you kidnap a god's form and twist it into something that listens only to a pantheon the original creator is not in!? Then I will destroy them. Fare well."

Then Rsisus rested under the blazing sun, staring into it.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2012, 04:31:54 pm »

Ixion, the Void:

He sighed in relief. His mortal and immortal children had been left untouched.
Nonetheless he would move his children to another realm, to be safe from others, and woe betide those who would try to harm his own flesh and blood.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2012, 04:52:46 pm »

Furious with Rsisus's heavy-handed deeds, Dinomantus began to plot its revenge. At first, the moth god considered casting the Sun into the Sea and and slaying each and every one of the Occul by boiling the waters into vapour. This was deemed to be excessive. Then it considered creating a plane of torment and sending the Occul there to be punished. This was deemed to be too much effort. Finally, inspiration struck. If Rsisus was so evil and hateful as to kill any creature that Dinomantus transformed, then it would simply transform the precious race that Rsisus was so enamoured with.

Pestilence: A horrible disease that turns the Occul's tentacles into talking snakes that blaspheme against Rsisus. (-1)

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:12 pm »

ARPKTK

ARPKTK cackles with triumph, Its voice becoming a buzzing chorus as Its crocodilian form begins to dissolve into black smog. The cloud rises into the air, taking shape as a great swarm of giant locusts. A thousand small voices laugh, melding together into one, booming roar of glee. The swarm of locusts spreads along the coast, devouring every Jackalman in Its path, leaving nothing behind- not hair nor skin nor bones.

When ARPKTK has devoured every living thing in sight, It dissolves back into a cloud of smog not much different from the cloud of locusts It had become to visit destruction upon the Jackalmen. Enshrouding Itself to become a great serpent long enough to wrap around the planets floating in Oceanus and squeeze each dry, It releases a greenish, glittering cloud from Its mouth into the water, curing all diseases in an unusual display of benevolence. It then transmits, in the booming voice of divinity, He who dares harm my servants is a fool, for he knows not what he has wrought. Occul! My people and prey! Commanded are ye to be fruitful and multiply. Let your children be plentiful, for the Feral Hunt is endless, and I know not temperance in the pursuit of my prey.

(Nourish Populace: Occul) [-1]- Counteract Dinomantus' Pestilence.
(Nourish Populace: Occul) [-1] (1/3 Domain: Fertility)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:00:55 pm by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 05:03:45 pm »

Rhadamanthys, the Materium:

Rhadamanthys was his father's orderliness and balance personified. He hated seeing destruction of anything, as that would lead to chaos. Anything that lead to chaos, he disliked; one thing he and his brother Tantalus had fights about was discretion.

Which is why he began to suspect things when the Occul began speaking out against their god.

Rhadamanthys did not understand it. He knew the race to be loyal to their master; his father Ixion had told him so.

Yet they were rebelling, or rather, their hands rebelled.

He tried to guess who it was. His father had nothing against Rsisus.

The other gods, except for Tyreal and Dinomanthus, he knew nothing about, but he assumed they had stayed quiet.

Tyreal was Rsisus's son, and had no reason to do so.

Dinomanthus had already sent a horde of insects into the Materium. And he had been the main target of Rsisus's anger.

Rhadamanthys knew it had to be him.
Rhadamanthys shook his head, for he was but a small deity, and Dinomanthus would kill him if he attempted to warn their creator or interfere. Even so....

He sent Zanagi to warn his father of the strange happenings, and went to find his brother.

Have Rhadamanthys tell Zanagi of the curse that Dinomanthus laid upon the Occul.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2012, 05:07:11 pm »

Ixion, the Void:
He had received his son's message. Ixion was concerned. He did not wish for there to be war amongst gods.

He was concerned most about its potential effects on his children, mortal or otherwise.

He spoke to Dinomantus.

"Fellow god, why begin something that nobody would come out the better from? Cursing his people will lead to all of us suffering, you should know."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2012, 05:12:50 pm »

Rsisus to Dinomantus, Materium and to the rest of the Gods.

Rsisus didn't move an inch as the Occul where twisted, then turned back, meditating simply, tentacles inches away from the fire of the artifactal sun, a work of flaming art, in his mind.

"Dinomantus, cease this silliness. Your actions are threatening to drag us into a Godwar. I asked you to recreate them, and you did not. I gave you two chances to remake them into something your own, and you deny me...then you spit out hordes of bugs and beetles, instead of changing them. My children are my own to nurture or destroy...not yours."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2012, 05:15:14 pm »

Ixion, the Void:

"Then punish him if you must. I for one do not wish to be dragged into war, neither do I want my children to be forced into a battle they cannot win. That is my word on the matter."

Ixion then retreated to the Void, before creating his last immortal child.

He took lightning, godly essence, and water from the oceans to birth Galatea, the Last-Born, and the Calmer of Storms. He created her as a balance between the chaotic, destructive yet ultimately good Tantalus, and the aloof, orderly yet also good Rhadamanthys.

Beget god-ish Galatea, Calmer of Storms.
Name: Galatea, the Calmer of Storms and the Last-Born.
Alignment Domain: Peace
Portfolio Domain: Rain
Symbol: An olive branch crossed with a lightning bolt, to continue tradition.
Alignment: Neutral Good

Spoiler: Current Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:29:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »

The Moth God did not wish to could not be bothered to speak with other gods in its grief, and so the herald Glatisant was sent to convey a message instead, running along the spine of the world-snake as it spoke:

"Glatisant asks why Ixion chastizes Dinomantus when it was Rsisus that struck the first blow. Rsisus is the aggressor, not Dinomantus, who only follows his divine nature in multiplying the forms that life doth take. Go and bother the aggressor and leave my master to his mourning."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 05:32:30 pm »

Ixion, the Void:
Ixion responded by sending Zanagi.
Zanagi said:
"He merely wanted his children to be his own and not be taken and copied by others. If anything you could have taken a wiser course of action by negotiation, not by retaliation, which, regardless of aggressor, would eventually spiral into war. That is my master's words."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 05:38:48 pm »

Tyreal, the Void
Tyreal looked at Rsisus, confused
"But... Is it not the light that exposes evil, and the dark which obscures it?"

Rsisus to Tyreal, void

He gave a shake of his head, frowning
"It's truth that exposes Evil. Which blinds more? Great Light or great Darkness?"
Tyeral, Rsisus, The Void
Tyreal continued watching Rsisus, slowly becoming more and more confused, before bowing his head in respect to his decision.
"I-I understand, father. If you ever need my assistance, I will assist you.
Tyreal, Merinal
He drifted back to his plane, where he sat upon his marble, gold trim throne. He gazed across existence, searching for a god-kin who sought justice, like him. Finally, he found Ixion, who had enough similarities. Barely. He called for Adriel, who up to that point had been watching the Materium, staring glumly at the death and chaos.
"Adriel, I have a task for you. Go, and contact Ixion for me. Tell him, I wish to ally with him, in case this incident spills over into a war.. I have much to meditate upon, and not enough time for such a task."
She gave him a quick bow, and nimbly leapt into the cosmos, searching for Ixion. Tyreal sighed, turned about, and phased over to Eremial.
"Eremial! I have a more dangerous task for you, and I must apologize for that. But, your sister is too trusting for this one. Go, and see Dinomantis, tell him that I am not the same as my father. Run at the first sign of trouble.Eremial bowed as well, before diving away in the other direction.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »

Ixion,the Void:
He watched his children wander around in the Materium.

Tantalus and Rhadamanthys were guarding the Ixukin homeland, and were fighting as usual.

At least Galatea was there to break it up.

Ixion pondered briefly what future was in store for his children when the herald arrived with it's message.

He listened, thought deeply for a while, and responded.
"Tell him that if wishes to avert a war, then he has my alliance."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9