Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The Pick and the Plump Helmet  (Read 10589 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The Pick and the Plump Helmet
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 10:42:58 pm »

I'm not actually sure what causes zombies to break down.  Blunt force trauma?  Damage of any kind? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2012, 10:56:24 pm »

Damage of any kind, enough if it,
Until pulping is implemented, they'll just come back.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2012, 10:57:36 pm »

Zombies will collapse after a few hits of any weapon. I used hammers because they're dwarfy, and sharp weapons would just make more zombies, because the severed body parts can be reanimated.
Thralls and mummies, on the other hand, can only be killed by decapitation or bisection.
[EDIT]: GreatWyrm beat me to it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2012, 10:58:20 pm »

Well...can't spears do the job?  They don't do a lot of cutting.  Just stabbing. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2012, 01:07:32 am »

Stabbing with spears can sever body parts, seeing as it's classed as an EDGE attack. Hammers, maces, etc. only have BLUNT attacks, and thus will never sever anything.
Heh. "Never sever".
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2012, 01:08:27 am »

Yeah, but hammers don't seem to be doing much, though. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 01:10:43 am »

Since when did novice anythingdwarves do much?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2012, 01:12:20 am »

Hmm...I'm gonna do some arena testing.  What EXACT skills did the dorfs have, and what equipment? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2012, 01:52:31 am »

Arena testing? I might do some myself, actually. They all had copper caps, breastplates, and shields, and bronze hammers. They were novice in hammerdwarf, dodger, shield user and armor user.
Please remember that they were fighting undead yaks. Named undead yaks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2012, 01:52:55 am »

Can we please give dorfs hooves.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2012, 01:54:40 am »

What's a good dorf vs undead yak ratio?  Two on one, for dorfs?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2012, 02:03:18 am »

In the actual fort, the dwarves were fighting six on five, but in staggered groups. The yaks got some lucky hits, though, like the one that took down Objective's dwarf.

Huh. And I can make a mod that gives dwarves hooves instead of feet, if you wish.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2012, 02:06:40 am »

Hmm...yeah 2 vs 1 seems good.  This is gonna take lots of management. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2012, 02:18:16 am »

Based on two tests of 2 dwarves, with the aforementioned skills and equipment, versus a single undead yak bull, it appears that hammers with this little skill...sucks.  A lot of the strikes of the dwarves glanced away, and the bull yak zombie bulldozed them.  But we already knew this, and the testing might not be true EVERY time. 

I'm gonna be testing bronze spears now. 

Being a DF scientist is fun! 

EDIT: Preliminary test with bronze spears, with novice speardwarf skill, looks promising.  The undead yak was actually beaten by two dwarves, with the only lasting injury being a broken leg for one dwarf.  The turning point of the battle seems to be when the two dwarves stabbed the yak in the leg, fracturing it, which caused it to stay on the ground, unable to dodge the stabbing. 

This could have just been good luck.  I should stop posting these so called  "results", I suppose. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:23:27 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2012, 02:26:54 am »

Try undead capybara.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7