Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: The Pick and the Plump Helmet  (Read 10595 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: The Pick and the Plump Helmet
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 08:12:21 pm »

Am I dead?
You survived for quite a while, actually. I think you died shortly after I ran out of the cave.

Did I get re-dwarfed?
Not after GreatWyrmIron (your dorf for this attempt) died, seeing as only mastahcheese survived.

Also, when you're facing zombies, one plump helmet won't help that much.
It doubled my food stores, which is always helpful.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 08:56:11 pm »

I'll take the first migrant to survive. Name him/her GreatWyrm[some metal s/he likes]. I'll come up with a clever backstory and goal and stuff once I know more about him/her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 09:16:35 pm »

I can do that.
Speaking of migrants, assuming mining is impossible and mastahcheese's cave is surrounded by undead, how can I try and keep them alive? I was thinking of resettling Glumprong Tower.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 09:59:39 pm »

That could work. Other options include drafting most of the migrants and having them fight off the undead long enough to flee for a spot which will be opened up just long enough for them to flee into, or mining a few little bunkers with locked doors and no nearby enemies and having migrants flee into one, fight off enemies that followed, and then be allowed in.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 01:49:55 am »

Assuming enough migrants arrive, I can see that (almost) working.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 05:04:27 am »

This fortress dies so fast it's hilarious
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 06:04:02 am »

Can I be dorfed as the first migrant to arrive?  Please name him/her Nix and train my future dorf in wrestling and fighting, any useful combat skill.  Pickfighting?

This is assuming any migrants arrive and survive. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 06:05:12 am »

...Can you give animals nicknames?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 06:26:56 am »

Can I be dorfed as the first migrant to arrive?  Please name him/her Nix and train my future dorf in wrestling and fighting, any useful combat skill.  Pickfighting?

This is assuming any migrants arrive and survive.
I'll take the first migrant to survive. Name him/her GreatWyrm[some metal s/he likes]. I'll come up with a clever backstory and goal and stuff once I know more about him/her.
You can have the second. Or maybe Nix and GreatWyrm will arrive at the same time.

...Can you give animals nicknames?
No. Why?
Sig

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 06:31:38 am »

Oh well, I was thinking of asking to be "catted" if he ever get to buy them.
I guess I'll ask for a doffing when this fort is stable.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »

I want to be re-dorfed as NAAV.
This fort won't last long.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 06:16:51 pm »

Chapter 3, part 2 begins!
Sorry, I didn't check this thread until after I prepared the update, so only GreatWyrm got his dorfing.
Anyway, nothing happened. There were lots of

for several months.
We had more flying lungfish around Glumprong Tower:

And then the impossible happened.

Yeah, migrants. There were four of them, a married couple, their kids, and a couple of cows. (Damn, more hoofed zombies.)

Everything was going to plan (that is, the migrants were hovering around the edge of the map while I figured out the logistics of their survival.) until GreatWyrmCopper, my recruited military dwarf, armed with a reclaimed training axe, ran off, scared. His family was slaughtered by undead yaks (hooves, specifically) and he ran around the map for a while, until

And then

Yeah, he got surrounded. Sorry for the quality, but writing with a mouse is hard. I also found Insanity with his arm following him somehow amusing.
He ran straight into the fog to escape the yaks. The fog's syndrome knocked him out, and...

Squish.

All the while, mastahcheese hid in his cave, with a farm plot, a glumprong door and a ghost of some random dwarf.

Chapter (three I think), part 2 of Funguspick didn't end any better than it started as. Except now we have more zombies.
Sorry for not giving dorfings to all those who requested, but I didn't check this thread until after I had this update prepared.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 06:32:53 pm »

I think we need to purge these guys out via adventuring.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 07:45:06 pm »

Dam it!
...Can I get a new dwarf? This one is dead.
Sig

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 07:54:41 pm »

I think we need to purge these guys out via adventuring.

Which would be only temporarily useful, because undead yaks and capybara appear in that biome, whether or not any actually died there in-game.
And I'd have to abandon the fortress first. Or wait until mastahcheese gets killed.

... Can I get a new dwarf? ...
Sure, but I can't guarantee his survival. This place is really dangerous.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7