Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Endgame: Vaguely inspired by YOU AT FINAL BOSS. Back to the dungeon, except one  (Read 11171 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Endgame: Vaguely inspired by YOU AT FINAL BOSS
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 02:18:43 am »

burp
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 10:48:44 am »

As My corpse burned, it exploded.

Demoknight respawns, grabbing his Claimh and charges the boss with it, raising his shield defensively.
[4] It dealt 45 points of damage to the boss.
[1] While you do respawn, you accidentally raise your sword and charge with your shield. It deals [13*5] 65 points of damage to your skull. Whoops...

The Ranger fires explosive arrows at TFB.

Spoiler: Ranger (click to show/hide)
[1] Oh, wow, the dice hate you all. TFB sorta bats them back. The explosive arrows deal [1+5+4*5] 50 damage to you [4*5v2,1,5,3,5], 20 damage to Unholy_Pariah and Greenstarfanatic, and 10 damage to Objective.

Reap the benefit of respawn invincibility and charge at the boss then shrink and hide to retreat

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3] This game offers 1.5 seconds of respawn invincibility! [1] You charge into a wall. The wall deals [4+4*3] 24 damage to you and dazes you for this turn. [6-1] You shrink and hide in some corner.

gimme my mask back :D the revision is fine.. also my pyromancers staff so i can do fun explodey stuff.

Target his engines
The weird plant monster thing suddenly throws several fireballs at the bosses winged boots.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[6] You fry TFB's boots and deal [3+3+1+6*10] 130 damage with an area spell dealing an element the boss is immune to. [v5,4,6,1,2] LordSlowpoke takes full damage, wait Objective is behind cover, Greenstarfanatic takes half damage, you are unaffected, and Doomblade187 dodges into TFB's fireplace for [1*5] 5 damage.

EQUIP RING OF DEFLECTION

BURST FIRE AT ELF DEMON

You put on the ring of deflection. [4] Holy Hand Grenade, you didn't horribly fail! The boss takes [3+5+3+1*5] 60 points of damage.

burp
[4] You belch. How rude.

Alright, let's see how much damage everyone's taken...
Unholy_Pariah: 20 damage
Greenstarfanatic: 150, dead
Doomblade187: 55 damage
Objective: 34 damage
LordSlowpoke: 100, dead
...You killed two out of your five party members, and another is about halfway there. All things considered, not too bad.

BOSS TURN:
TFB [5] casts Haste on himself. It's the old, 3rd edition haste that gives you extra actions...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 12:18:11 pm »

Explode and respawn! Pick up my Claimh and try to get around the boss to attack it.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 12:28:32 pm »

RESPAWN

SPECIAL ABILITY: COIN SHOT; AT TFB; 10GP

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 07:48:54 pm »

use mask to warp self into magical scyther, use fury swipes.
isn't that ring mine?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 02:24:53 pm »

Explode and respawn! Pick up my Claimh and try to get around the boss to attack it.
Oh, right. [12*5] 60 damage dealt to boss.
[6] You attack the boss, dealing [25*5] 125 damage but getting your sword stuck. Your hand hurts, too, for [2*1] two damage.

RESPAWN

SPECIAL ABILITY: COIN SHOT; AT TFB; 10GP

You respawn [2] with the Coin Shot ability. It's a 20-foot cone which costs 20 gp and deals 2d6*4 damage to those within if successful. [6] It is. Kinda. Everyone takes [4*4] 16 damage, except [2,2,1,3,1,4] TFB, who takes 8 damage, and Objective, who takes 10.

use mask to warp self into magical scyther, use fury swipes.
isn't that ring mine?
Which ring?
[5] You are a magical Scyther, by which I assume you mean the Pokemon because otherwise it would just be scythe. And not have fury swipes, [5] which deal [15*5] 75 damage to TFB.

Not bad. Only one of you injured the party.

BOSS TURN:
TFB casts Summon Goblin VII. [2] It fizzles as Greenstarfanatic uses TFB as a sheathe. Furious, TFB [2] fizzles another spell due to Unholy_Pariah...Wow, you REALLY didn't fail!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »

Shoot TFB with acid arrows.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 06:08:40 pm »

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM my grenades.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 07:48:24 pm »

use guillotine on TFB aim for arteries.
the ring of deflection.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2012, 07:55:00 pm »

Where did you get a guillotine? And how do you aim with one?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2012, 07:56:52 pm »

its another pokemon move lol

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2012, 08:14:03 pm »

Yeah guillotine normally is a one-hit kill.

If it hits. I think it has something like a 30-45% accuracy.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2012, 08:14:57 pm »

i was just hoping for massive damage.. i don't expect the boss to die :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2012, 08:17:10 pm »

Before using Pokemon moves that sound like real things, can you explain that they're PokeMoves?
Sig

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 09:44:00 pm »

Come back to normal size. Make note to use the Diadem if TFB tries something powerful. Also use Battle Roar to buff everyone in the party.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8