Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 186054 times)

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First the woodcutter died trying to climb the waterfall, then the expedition leader got stuck in a tree, and after the first migrant wave the game crashed. All in all, a good start.

Found a typo in the manticore's description. Nothing big, but I thought you'd like to know.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

I'll take a poke at it and see what happens.
[edit]
Okay, you might already know this but in case you don't here it is...
I just looked though the creature raws and you're missing some of the new flags for things
The one I noticed was some of the new things for attacks such as the [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:#:#] isn't present in any of the custom creatures I looked at.
Also the [ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK] should be added in where applicable also.

...well I'm guessing that most the new tags that were added in aren't implemented in yet such as SMELL_TRIGGER.  If you need some help in adding these things in I could do it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:15:36 pm by Phenoix12 »
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

if you can get me some suitable numbers I can mass replace the ones already in, just post whatever in here.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, couple of quick notes looking at the raws for this version. The "lettuc juice" spelling error is still there, turnip seeds are still labeled radish seeds, and the alicorn caste A_PRIN_F1 is still missing its descriptions. (In fact, it's not even listed in the descriptions area.) May I suggest for this caste maybe using some of the farming/animal/earth related cutie marks? You just need to copy and paste the rest from the other alicorn castes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 02:37:43 pm by taliakirana »

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if you can get me some suitable numbers I can mass replace the ones already in, just post whatever in here.

I'll go add in the numbers tonight and I can send you them later.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

it seems most of my generic plants have now been added by toady, so I'm removing those for now, I will however have to add straw to the appropriate plants.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, with some quick copy and paste, I did this up for the alicorn caste (A_PRIN_F1) lacking descriptions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just used the flower cutie marks because they were easy to find. Just add that into the description section after A_PRIN_F and before A_PRIN_F2. (I was wanting an earth goddess type theme, but flowers works too.)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Cheers, the description has been added, and the mod has shrunk a bit in size, at least until DFHack and such is out i'll just be dumping the raws
This version is for 0.40.2
simply dump the raw folder into a fresh DF install and overwrite

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I double-checked and somehow it's not there. I think you included the old creature file accidentally. (I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being incredibly picky.) Fortunately, I backed up what I did so I can just paste it into the new one.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

whaaat? no that shouldn't be possible, I just double checked my raw deposit and it's fixed in there.

edit: and it's in the my little raws.zip i linked to last night

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. I redownloaded and it is there now. Maybe I was half-asleep and overlooked it. I'm sorry.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ponies in ASCII! Yesss!

Is it just me, or are there no brewing jobs available in the still?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:29:29 am by Hetairos »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

That's a bug a number of people have reported.  Something I've read to try is to see if gathering planets will make them show up in the still.  Someone also mentioned using large pots instead of barrels, which seemed to fix it strangely.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I mean ponies don't have BREW_DRINK_FROM_PLANT/PLANT_GROWTH as a permitted reaction in the entity file. The new PRESS_OIL_FRUIT is also missing, though this one is probably useless until the fruit bug is fixed.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RAWs
>Missing stuff from many custom creatures
-Buffaloes were missing baby information
-Diamond dogs missing a bunch of random things.
-Possibly more things I didn't see in my glance over (I didn't even bother to look though the entire pony creature file as it makes my brain overload when I look at it, though I did find you are missing some flags that were added in the new version of Dwarf Fortress that should be added in such as the new attack stuff and lowlight vision and smell)
>Some very inefficient RAW layouts for a few races (major example: diamond dogs)

WORLDGEN
>Generating worlds produces only Pony Civs (Fixed in current version)
>Diamond Dog civs not appearing. REASON FOUND: typo at the top of the entity file ""OBJECT:ENTITY]"" there needs to be a "[" at the beginning of that.

OTHERSTUFF
(((Not sure if these are intentional or not)))
>Changelings are using CAVE_DETAILED as their site type? Shouldn't this be DARK_FORTRESS?
>Changelings can do and build all the same stuff as Ponies?
>In Diamond Dogs Entity [ETHIC:SLAVERY:UNTHINKABLE] I think this should be set it ACCEPTABLE or PERSONAL_MATTER since it was clearly show in-show that they are willing to enslave things to do work for them. ((Some other Ethis stuff I don't think fits for a few races but I can just change that myself for my own game if I want))

Have not played Adventurer mode of Dwarf mode yet. Will get back to you later on those.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 11:43:45 am by Phenoix12 »
Dwarf Fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81