Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 186106 times)

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #600 on: August 25, 2013, 06:26:15 pm »

Thank you for your hard work  :) I'll try not to bug you too much anymore, at last until Toady updates :P

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 27, 2013, 12:46:03 pm »

I got an interesting world.

First, the pony civ The Amethyst of Oracles is at war with griffons. Its history begins this way:

"In 1, the pegasus pony necromancer Dan Scholaradored became the general of the Amethyst of Oracles.

In 1, the consort of the shadow troll Tudo Cherishimage became the princess of the Amethyst of Oracles."

Tudo Cherishimage becomes the civ's enemy in year 13. Three years later an alicorn ascends to the throne, but in 25 another consort of the shadow troll becomes the princess and rules for 16 years before turning hostile to the civ. Who gets the crown? Another shadow troll's consort. After next 20 years the princesshood passes to alicorn Saquar Meadowspire, who apparently starts a series of incursions against changelings. This continues until year 80, in which griffons attack. The hamlet of Testglittered, the first site founded by the Amethyst of Oracles, is their first target.

I checked it's history too. It's not a battle, it's a long litany of ripped of limbs, and ponies murdered and devoured en masse by griffons. Testglittered, Judgelutes, Narrowdear and Stylebearded fall within the next five years, taken over by the enemy. The princess was imprisoned in Wasptorch.

Nothing else happens until 230. The princess escapes after 150 years of imprisonment, becomes the general, tames some polar bears (killing five) and launches an expedition to reclaim Threeknitted ten years later. It seems to have achieved its goal, but after one month griffons attack the site and pillage it. Saquar is killed and eaten.

This is going to be fun.

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 28, 2013, 06:34:40 pm »

And now I want this story told like in the intro of first episode of MLP.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 29, 2013, 10:02:01 am »

I'd write something up, but I'm a bit short on time.

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2013, 11:29:42 am »

I have something to report.
Dwarf therapist shows that every single pony has a size of 150000cm3. Is that therapist bug or are the ponies as large as horses?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2013, 12:22:04 pm »

> Dwarf therapist shows that every single pony has a size of 150000 cm^3.
Well, in FoE mod it shows that all ponies have size 70 litres and Lycaeon said they should varry, so I don't know. It may be a thing with multiple caste mods.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2013, 02:01:20 pm »

If Sorcerer took the initial raws from Nidokoenig's mod then yeah, they'll be as big as real horses.  It interestingly doesn't seem to have significant balance impact, since I changed them to be human sized in my personal mod and haven't really noticed much difference even when fighting megabeasts.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2013, 03:57:59 pm »

Nido's mod had ponies half as big as horses (250K). Here, it's 150K with progression (several growth stages towards age 18).

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 26, 2013, 11:36:45 pm »

I do quite love this mod! One of my ponies made an artifact its a ring...with an image of a potato on it xD
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 27, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »

That calls for that pony being renamed to have "Potato" in his/her name.

Eltrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 16, 2013, 11:19:29 am »

Fun mod. I got it installed, and working great on Linux. Everything seems to work fine, but I have one last issue with stone sense. All the ponies just use the generic Male model in different colours. None of them show manes, tails, wings, or horns. Which file needs to be fixed?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 17, 2013, 04:34:36 pm »

Fun mod. I got it installed, and working great on Linux. Everything seems to work fine, but I have one last issue with stone sense. All the ponies just use the generic Male model in different colours. None of them show manes, tails, wings, or horns. Which file needs to be fixed?

Heh, I got Pony sprites (not made by me) to mostly work in Stonesense in Nikodeng's old Pony Mod, but it costed me a lot of frustration and some things still didn't work, so you'll have to do a lot of trial and error. Basically search the sprites directories for a file with lots of gray ponies, remember it's name, then search the entire stonesense directory for files containing that name. This will tell you where to look for how the file is used.

Stonesense allows for some pretty awesome stuff. Basically you have to load a spritesheet with the correct resolution (32x32 per sprite IIRC), index the sprites by their row*20 + column and add rules for different ages and genders. Stonesense can blit several sprites onto one, substituting a chosen colour for the gray, so you have to first do the body, then the mane and tail and finally the eyes.

This is what I remember, but you'll have to look up the stonsese manual elsewhere.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Eltrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 17, 2013, 09:32:34 pm »

Yeah, I've got that far. What I found is that the XML files are completely borked by the cutiemark system.

If no one has a proper xml file, I'm just going to modify the existing Spritesheet and write my own XML for it.
It's going to be a bit of work because of the resulting ~1000 castes, but a lot of that can be cut down due to the fact that for the most part they can be boiled down to 6.

Are there Alicorn castes or other things I should be on the lookout for?

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 18, 2013, 05:37:45 am »

Hello, I ve seeing like 3 threads about MLP mods, but, they the same one? a teamwork modding? or wich one is better? or the differences?

Thanks for any response.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 18, 2013, 12:23:40 pm »

> MLP Sprites
This is what I dug up from my work on Stonesense for Dawnpick (pony community fort). It almost works. Use at your own risk. IIRC the mod this was for (Nikodeng's for 31.25) had no cutie mark system. This may or may not be useful to you:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71287918/Mlp/MLP_Sprites.rar

> Hello, I ve seeing like 3 threads about MLP mods, but, they the same one? a teamwork modding? or wich one is better? or the differences?
The first pony mod was made by Nikodeng for 31.25 and there were even two community forts with it, Glittergen and Dawnpick. That version is now outdated, but still perfectly playable. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80240.0

This mod is the spiritual successor to the old pony mod and is the closest to the show.

There is also a Fallout Equestria mod. It is quite awesome and stable, but it's maintainer quit. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.0

Finally there is a mod by Vadiku's, which is the darkest of pony mods. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121116.0

Take your pick. For anything more detailed, look at first posts in each of these threads. They have feature descriptions and manuals.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 81