Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185959 times)

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #285 on: December 27, 2012, 06:57:41 pm »

What are you planning to implement? I'd be happy to give you a hand.
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 27, 2012, 07:22:15 pm »

The current feature list I have planned is as follows:

Changeling civ with some more changelingish powers, I have the basic creature done, but they're quite plain at the moment.
"Pinkie Pie" earth pony industry, add bakery and food buffs, some slightly more advanced food options
Add some more plants, maybe look into plant balance, add some variety for diversity and spread them over the biome types.
Unicorn magic - the unicorns have a LOT of castes who's special ability is magic, might want to give them various degrees of spells, from the simple, more telekinesis, to some interaction based stuff. I know I have at least one magic healer class which definitely needs a spell.

Elements of harmony - I had an idea for some advanced interactions that would emulate the elements of harmony.
As i have 2500 castes I can pretty much seed the caste list with potential elements, then use the element of magic as the trigger, giving it the ability to activate one pony of each element. Once activated the elements would get some aura buffs that would effect everyone, but the other elements in particular, growing in strength the more elements are nearby. The only problem with this is the possibility of multiple elements of magic. I tried tying the element to a government position so that it would show up after X amount of population like a baron, but this seemed to tie into the land holder stuff, needs more research I guess...

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 27, 2012, 07:34:41 pm »

Unfourtunately the changeling interactions wouldn't work very well with DF in it's current state. The AI for different interaction tags isn't complete yet and a lot go unused.
You could add the [ITEM_THIEF] and [SKULKING] tags to changelings in order to make them act similarly to kobolds.

Adding more prepared foods is easy, but unless Toady implements some sort of ingredient restriction, they can be made of any ingredient the cook can find. (This Muffin is made of Apples, Potato and Water)
You could add some custom reactions to create plants with high value, but that would be more complicated and cooks could still make them into *Sugary Cupcake Biscuits*
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 27, 2012, 07:48:28 pm »

I was primarily interested in getting them to mimic their targets, making them fairly weak when they're not transformed, but buffing them up a bit when they transform into a pony. Should be a fairly simple interaction, requires a specific target class: pegasus, earth pony or unicorn in los and range, then change self into an equivalent pony creature.. It doesn't have to be an exact duplicate of the target. adding a confusion debuff to the target lowering their effectiveness could also be an idea.
Then you just give it a long cooldown, and an ability on flee that they transform back, presto change-o, a changeling!

As for the food, I was obviously thinking using reactions to make the food.. if you make an appropriately names plant with no seeds, and use them as the end result of reactions you can pretty much make whatever food tickles your fancy, then you can add some buff syndromes on ingesting the food

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 28, 2012, 01:20:18 am »

You don't even need to name the plant correctly. Just add [PREFIX:NONE] to any materials you don't want the plant name attached to and they won't.

*flies off on magical rainbow*
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:27:41 am by Putnam »

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 28, 2012, 01:47:46 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110704.0

This mod has a whole load of different foods with different buffs and soforth.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 28, 2012, 05:20:29 pm »

ironwool has the same deflective properties as iron, but i think the layer is slightly thinner.
for the time being crystal is pretty close to steel, iirc the weapons are slightly sharper but the armor is a bit more brittle and slightly worse against blunt weapons compared to steel.

Thanks for the response. So, ironwool padding, steel armour and crystal weaponry (except maces, perhaps) is the best combination?

Unfortunately, no golden silk for me. The option to make it is missing, same for golden silk clothing and such, even though I have the relevant pattern.
Are those patterns, blueprints and so on intended to have quality levels, by the way?

In other news, silk rose silk might be fire-resistant. I've got a fleecesplosion, surrounded the resulting tons of fleece with a wall, and used the DFHack "immolate" command. It burned nicely, but there was some silk mixed in as well and it survived intact. However, there is a dead shrub on the neighbouring tile (not ashes or bare ground), so I'm not fully sure that was the case.

Cutie mark colour error brought me "a fluffy pillow demon leather" while I was configuring a stockpile. Also, one pegasus planter has "his left eye's eye tissue is a hammer" in his description. Sounds kind of painful. And there is a 49 year old blank flank, I'm not sure this should happen.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 28, 2012, 06:27:13 pm »

*snickers* You had the fleecesplosion bug too. I made a bunch of leather clothes out of it, then destroyed a good portion of what was left. I still have some stockpiled for moods, but it's no longer in the thousands. (I am kind of amused just about everypony is wearing fleece or yarn clothing when we've settled in a tropical forest. The civ I randomly picked has no access to plant cloth at all. I see the zebras bringing me cotton and jute clothing, but no cloth. Really wish they'd bring me some cotton and jute seeds.)

Also, I now have 212 ponies. 136 adults, 46 foals, and 30 babies. (I've actually kept my fort alive long enough that I've seen a few babies  grow into foals. I started in 126, I think, and I'm now in spring 130.) Wait, scratch that last count. Migrant wave, I now have 224 ponies total-147 adults, 47 foals, and 30 babies... should be the last one if the pony caravan would move it on outta here and back to our capitol.

Also, I'm leery of the pony that arrived last spring and immediately replaced our original mayor (shame on me I can't remember who the original was). Lots of skills, long list of former groups. Lists a wife and child who are not in the fort. I think I have a vampire on my hands. Nopony's been found drained of blood yet. Dunno what to do with him yet. Arrange an accident? Lock him in his room? (Normally I am very good to my ponies, but a vampire is dangerous.)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 29, 2012, 06:57:41 am »

blankflanks are actually in the castes, as there are blankflanks in the show, their skill gains are overall quite fast but their skill decay is fast, never finding their true calling.

I do believe I've already fixed a bug with gold silk already, should be up in the bugfix

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:19 am »

So.....Dire Timberwolfs?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 29, 2012, 12:07:52 pm »

So.....Dire Timberwolfs?

That explode on death and drop wood? :D
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 29, 2012, 01:43:49 pm »

fun fact: that's pretty much how my current timberwolves work! they have little vascularity, they're made of fairly tough wood, but they fall apart fairly easily, so the best way to kill them is to knock them apart.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 29, 2012, 03:07:25 pm »

Bet that amused you to see that be confirmed by canon.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 29, 2012, 09:17:16 pm »

I am almost tempted to suggest alpha timberwolf megabeasts that drop a toy item that can be used in a reaction to create lots of wood, but you already have a hundred things to do.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2012, 12:44:51 am »

Concerning telekenisis, you cvould have an interaction that flings a solid glob of 'telekenisis' at something. The material would always be solid, never melt and would rot without producing miasma.

If you throw it hard enough you can make a creature fly blackwards and skid along the ground. If they smack into a wall hard enough they explode, which is pretty hilarious.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 81