Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185827 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2012, 12:59:46 pm »

Oh no, another ponymod.

Well, in fact, I don't care. But there is too many pony mods there now, i think.

Eh, how many is to many though?

I only see two active at the moment. :\
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2012, 03:40:42 am »

Just a quick update on the moving business.. We've found a place and should be fully moved in on thursday of next week. Until then I'll only have very limited internet connection and a not-particularly-good working environment (Hotel Lobby Wi-fi, Shopping centre wi-fi, or non-tetherable phone connection.. blah.. ohwell).

Once I am fully settled I'll work on the remaining issues of this version (materials, some tileset issues to mention a few) and then I think I'll start working on those changelings and other creatures, should be fun!

BlueMagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Blue admires magical items for their shininess
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2012, 10:15:08 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?gyhz8x4g7jjr64d

Here's the region file with the earth pony eating the griffin after killing him.

Also I was thinking fisherponies could harvest seaweed and moss from the ocean and streams instead of fishing. Seaweed is edible to humans and is purported to be incredibly rich in minerals, so why not ponies? They could process the seaweed at a fisherman's workshop and you could grind it to a flour or simply allow it to be made as a salad in the kitchen.

And you could make icing out of sunflower oil, milk, and sugar cane. It could be dyed at the Dyer's Workshop or at the Kitchen. It would give ponies an extra happy thought to consume some food topped with icing. The command should be "Spin sugar cane into icing" and you could combine it with cocoa beans for chocolate icing to sell to caravans or cook it. You could also whip milk and sugar together for whipped cream.

Maybe growing some vanilla flowers would be cool too.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:03:11 pm by BlueMagic »
Blue cancels Type Coherent Post: Crying Over Fictional Characters

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2012, 11:12:57 pm »

Heads up, in the DFFD download at least, I'm getting lots of errorlogs.  In all your researcjh reactions you have a colon in the name of the reagents, like "2 Tomes - Skill: Architecture".  Since theres a colon the game is trying to parse that as a new tag and so there's a lot of

"RESEARCH_WEATHER_FACTORY:Unrecognized Item Token: 2
RESEARCH_WEATHER_FACTORY:Unrecognized Material Token: ITEM_TOOL_RESEARCH25"

and stuff in the errorlog.  Remove all the colons from the reagent names and change em to things like "2 Tomes - "Architecture Skill" or something so it stops trying to parse the "Architecture" part as the ITEM token.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, still drunk.  :-\

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2012, 05:14:49 am »

Augh, that'll teach me to properly bug test my bug releases, thanks for the find, I'll fix that ASAP

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2012, 06:15:24 am »

Love the seaweed and kelp idea Btw blue, definately looking into that for the next version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/DF/MLP/reaction_research.txt

This'll have to do for now, I'll update the main file later.. working on a phone is a bitch XD

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2012, 08:28:47 am »

Finally got some more time to get into it, and have only found a couple of things.

In your RESEARCH_MAGIC_LOOM reaction: for the building you accidently put a lowercase l in Library, so you can't actually research it
Code: [Select]
[BUILDING:PONY_lIBRARY:CUSTOM_L]
Also any items made out of cloud at the cloudsculpters workshop won't be stored in any stockpiles, my best guess on this one is that the cloud material isn't being recognized by any of the stockpiles. Not sure how to fix that though.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2012, 08:32:29 am »

Ah, that should be fixable with a look at the materials file, cheers for the heads up!

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »

Now that I am not inebriated, I embarked properly.  With the reagant names fixed, the only error I'm getting is the Impoverished Word Selector one, which is fine.

So far the fort is going well, and by well, I mean "hilarious".  I embarked on half Terrifying Shrubland, half Mirthful Ocean.  Mermaids swim by occasionally and laugh at the poor ponies being harassed by zombies and covered in the pony blood that rains from the sky.  Three of the starting seven died to the zombies and the military pony I brought along apparently pissed off the zombie mafia and had all her kneecaps broken for her troubles.  She has survived, however, and is now the fort's Legendary Crutch Walker.  Migrants have all made it inside without casualties except one pony's pet rabbit (His other pet, a cat, was saved).  Since the surface was forbidden for the longest time, we had nowhere to farm, and there's a multi-zlevel aquifer on the map, which made things interesting.  Happily it turned out to be patchy and I managed a series of staircases past the water without needing any complicated breaching procedures.  It also provides a clean source of well water, which was good for our injured swordspony founder, as she was stuck in bed for a season as the medical pony patched her up.  Because we couldn't farm, foodstocks got dangerously low - as in, 4 edible plants total low - until I managed to secure a fishing spot.  We then lived off seafood until we secured a surface bit for farming too.  Then I remembered that apple-bucking produces essentially free food and felt stupid, but the ponies are enjoying their squid roasts, so whatevs.

Also, you might want to look into creating several more plant fiber fabrics that are more common, like cotton or farmable/hiveable silkworms or something, because the only cloth my civ has access to is apparently silk roses.  This created a hilarious situation at embark where the silk rose cloth/thread/ropes that were automatically queued ate up all my embark points, but promptly gave me over 1000 points back when I eliminated them, which is kind of exploity and not intended.  (It did allow me to bring a steel weapon and armor for the swordspony, though, which saved her life, so I was rather glad for it, but you probably don't want 1000 points of free stuff just for not bringing cloth.)  Cotton/silkworms with a larger biome range and that are fairly cheap should solve this.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2012, 03:39:10 pm »

She has survived, however, and is now the fort's Legendary Crutch Walker. 

...How in the world do ponies use crutches?
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2012, 04:01:22 pm »

Hehe they use crutches in any available limb, so forehooves mouth or telekinesis. They actually don't need crutches unless two or more of their legs are disabled. I'll look into adding some more plants.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2012, 04:01:55 pm »

She has survived, however, and is now the fort's Legendary Crutch Walker. 

...How in the world do ponies use crutches?

The same way she's strapped a sword to her hoof, apparently.  Bugger if I know.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2012, 06:22:27 pm »

Magnet hooves, obviously. Isn't that how ponies always held things before they used their mouths???

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2012, 06:23:17 pm »

had all her kneecaps broken

Reminds me of my first test fort, Thunderbolt was my pegasus militia captain. I'd made him a suit of crystal armor, but this was before the fixes for the helm and greaves and I hadn't made any traditional industries. He was a fair kicker, and newly training in the art of the crystal spear when a minotaur attacked. Thunderbolt rushed to the gate to defend my newly walled town, and met the minotaur there. He rushed at it swinging his spear, which the minotaur promptly grabbed, and used to force him to the ground. It then gored him in one of his front legs with it's horn, grabbed his back leg and snapped it in half, and finally grabbed his other back leg and snapped it in half. Thunderbolt then passed out, and the minotaur punched him in the face, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain.

It was rather hilarious to watch my seasoned combat veteran get killed so easily.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2012, 06:50:36 pm »

TREAT ME LIKE A PUSHOVER, YOU'LL GET THE ONCE OVER!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 81