Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 186053 times)

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am fully committed to updating/remaking this mod for the new version as soon as it's released.

I look forward to crushing bugs with you once again
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hopefully I'll be able to help as well.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I was cutting this mod up so it would be compatible with others, but when I went to try world gen the game crashes with errors like
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature PONY_LITTLE
PONY_LITTLE:E_DEFA_M:neck, layer 1: Tissue HAIR_MANE was not found, using first tissue instead
PONY_LITTLE:E_DEFA_M:head, layer 1: Tissue HAIR_MANE was not found, using first tissue instead
PONY_LITTLE:E_DEFA_M:head, layer 2: Tissue HAIR_MANE was not found, using first tissue instead
and so forth, on and on. Any idea what I broke?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

My ponies are based on Nidokoenings original pony mod, and I've kept some of the original tissue copies he made. Probably not really necessary to be honest.

You're missing the tissue_template_pony.txt which has all the specific pony body materials.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know this is still on hiatus until the new release... but I found a problem, looking over the 1.5 beta. One of the alicorn castes got skipped when doing the descriptions. It's A_PRIN_F1 that's still missing descriptions. You can copy and paste for most of it from the other alicorn castes, would just need to pick out cutie marks for that caste. Also, the errors in pony_plants I pointed out before are still there. (Turnip seeds are labeled radish seeds and lettuce juice is misspelled. I fixed that already for my personal copy.)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

huh, that's quite odd, I specifically remember changing that.. it must have slipped by the update somehow (either that or it's haunted)

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile

Becoming an evil overlord is habitual to me, but where would the fun be in playing the race whom stars this show? When DF2014 starts is released and development starts again, could you make goats playable creatures in adventure mode?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

As I've had some specific requests for adventure mode in the past as well I'll put it on my list. My main focus is going to be getting the ponies up and running on the new version but as soon as that is done I'll see about making a set of adventure mode creature raws (without a gazillion pony variants)

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

I do look forward for the new version of this.

Though I hope you will at least release a version of it that will allow butchering of animals for meat to eat and such (especially in adventure mode).  I know that you removed it for reasons pertaining to making the pony fort work better but it got annoying fast while playing as a griffin in adventure mode or even when I enabled play as griffin forts and couldn't produce meat from the livestock. I know that the mod was originally was made only for playing as ponies but you should think of expanding into the other races. I know I would love to play as a Changeling hive one day.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Purely by coincidence the new DF version fell on my week off from work, and as such, I've already converted the current version of Fanon is Magic to the new version of DF.
As the current DF version itself is only recommended for masochists, I'll not be releasing this version just yet unless you REALLLLLY want me to.
I've not really tried it much in fortress mode, but it runs error free in arena mode with all the creatures in the mod having their new speeds and such.

It seems the personalities had a major rewrite tho, so a lot of the stuff I had already won't do for the new version.

I'm now off to do some more testing, I get email notifications on posts if you have any comments or questions and I should be answering pretty quick for another few hours at least :P

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Well...

I probably won't be able to efficiently bug report, buuuut, I'm interested in playing with this updated version. Vanilla DF is a bit bland IMO :P

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

I just came across some worldgen crashes, I'll fix it up and put up a WIP version
good news tho it seems you can update raws more on the fly now

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

ahahaha best bug ever...

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've heard that happens when the game tries to create a soil layer without a soil type to use. Or something like that. There was a thread about it a few weeks ago, but I can't locate it now.

Looking through the files, I noticed ponies have the [TRANSLATION:EQUINE] token, but no language file uses it. Is that intended? Maybe that's why the errorlog gets flooded with "Impoverished Word Selector" messages.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

You are quite correct on both accounts! there were some raw duplication due to the new plants toady added, the bugs are fixed with a super-bandaid (just renamed my duplicate plants) I'll need to merge them tomorrow, but for now, if anyone wants to have a look.

My Little Fortress 2014 - Beta

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81