Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 186077 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #645 on: October 29, 2013, 06:59:04 am »

I've finished the Griffins, Zebra, Buffalo, Changelings, Diamond Dogs and the monsters. 

Can anyone check them out? I think, we have pretty much everything covered, but the Buffalo are unisex and don't show their hair colour, Changelings are only differentiated by their caste and look the same, while diamond dogs and monsters all look the same. I may have made some mistakes in the xml files, some sprites may be too big, etc.

> I'll post the updated sprites and an XML sometime this week.
I'd also like to take a look at your updated bash script to port the changes to mine. Specifically, I'm interested which mane, tail and eye styles are used for which gender. It would also be easier, if they are grouped together.

> I'm not entirely sure what happened [...]
From your description, I'm not sure either, but if you have the raws for old Nikodeng's mod, you need game version 31.25 to run it.

I ask for a save for testing purposes again.

EDIT: Stonesense has been difficult, as usual. It refuses to load changelings and zebras and wouldn't tell me why.
OK, I've figured it out. I made mistakes in xml closing tags. Here is the fixed (but untested) version. Please send me pictures or a save.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71287918/Mlp/MLP_creatures.zip

I took a look at skill rates for castes and it is nothing like FoE. Here the race matters in that races tend to have up to 25% skill rate penalty to some skills, but CMs only boost skill rates by maybe 5-10. In FoE those bonuses were massive and very worthwhile.

After building some walls, I strongly suggest that the maintainer of this mod include improved ui plugins. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119575.0

Lol, wicker (straw) baskets can hold liquids. :trollface:

I can't grow sunflowers. They just don't show up in any season in my farm plots.

I can use flasks for waterskins and wooden bucklers, but no leather means no backpacks, so I suggest adding a reaction to make them out of cloth.

Reactions to dismantle beds and other furniture (at maybe 60% return rate) would be useful, as well as making it out of wood blocks from the sawmill.

Diamond Dog works in Stonesense, but I see some "magical pink" pixels. My best guess is that those are slightly different colour than magnetta and aren't considered background colour. A simple bucket fill should fix it. As a side note, I think 64x64 sprites are a good compromise between quality, memory usage and ease of making.

Diamond Dogs are fixed, but there is still only one sprite for all castes. That was one ballsy Diamond Dog, BTW. He run into a stockpile, hack a pony in a hoof, which was blocked by a horseshoe, then run through the middle of the camp as the militia was chasing him. He mangled a war dog on the way and escaped. The weight of mail barding (~250) is a big issue. It slows down soldiers to a crawl, even with 7 Armour User (which I was lucky to get on a migrant) and decent strength and agility. The problem is that weight of equipment is scaled with creature size, but attributes required to wear armour aren't, so a big creature in armour will always move like an insect in honey. Some bird sprites seem to be missing in stonesense too, so I might have to write a script to check for that after all.

Hm, I can see reactions MAKE_CLOTH_QUIVER and MAKE_CLOTH_BACKPACK in the RAWs, but the Craftpony's workshop simply does not have them. This means no backpacks for me, but more importantly no quivers and no crossbow pegasai who were so successful in Dawnpick. Bummer.

Colour Zebras work, but don't look so great. Maybe their coats need to be darker, so the eye whites are visible?

Removing mail barding from soldiers pretty much fixed their speed, but they have some exposed parts.
Ponies have 3 graspers (mouth + hooves) and unicorns 2 more, so a buckler wall seems like a good strategy. However, while I normally see shield user rising pretty quickly, in this playthrough, none of the soldiers have it, despite training for a year.

Crystal has exactly the same properties as steel, which I don't like. I think it should be lighter 2600-3500 density, not 7850 like steel, but more brittle. As long as it is better than iron and bronze, I'd still use it, even though the fuel requirement makes it not as desirable. 
Ironwool is lighter than iron (6500 density), but just as strong. Golden Fleece has the same properties as bronze, so it is at least a good use for all the gold ore.
Oh wow, I need one ore to make one fleece / ironwool (which pretends to be leather) and 1-2 of those for anything. This is expensive, but at least doesn't require fuel.   

I guess getting rid of the mail barding means it should be replaced by padding or several dresses and later on perhaps by fleece barding (although this depends on it's weight) plus a few cloaks.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:46:54 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Eltrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 05, 2013, 12:27:39 am »

Pony Set v1.1 64 by 64
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=38698493098732249260

Ponies are now a quarter the size they were before, and yet more detailed. Alicorns now should work properly, babies are probably at least slightly bugged. (and don't have manes tails) but you won't see them much anyway.

Males now hove two new eye styles, and 1 new hair style.

Let me know if you have any issues.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:30:28 am by Eltrion »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 05, 2013, 06:51:03 am »

Great. I took a quick look at the spritesheet and they look good. Well, maybe except for the haircut that looks like Twilight's mom on that white unicorn with almost back eye. Some eye sprites could use more white in them, I think.

More haircuts could probably be ripped from trotters from deviantart, but I think this is enough variety.

You didn't include the new version of your bash script, so updating my perl script will take more time.

I see, you tried including helmets, armour and horseshoes, but didn't. Did you run into the mane vs helmet problem, same as me? I think torso armour and horseshoes can still be included, just not the helmets.

Did you take a look at my take on buffalo, zebra, griffins, diamond dogs, changelings and monsters?

EDIT: Princesses have adult variants above children. Are you sure?
Sprite 84 with six foals looks weird, but I was never able to get them to show up anyway.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:10:14 am by Maklak »
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Eltrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 05, 2013, 12:40:35 pm »

Bash script will follow shortly. It's now even messier... I really should redo it from scratch...

Oh shoot, I messed that up with the alicorns.. I'll fix that.
Don't have any alicorns in my fort so I can't really test it...

Primarily it's been time constraints. I wanted to include more stuff, but I wasn't having any time to work on it, but I made those nice optimizations before, and wanted to share them, and let people know I hadn't vanished.

Also, I'm bad at military stuff in dwarf fortress, so armour is hard to test.
Oops, that's a testing spritesheet. As you can see, I was trying to debug foals.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:00:38 pm by Eltrion »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 05, 2013, 03:03:07 pm »

Feel free to take a look at my script when updating yours. It is linked here somewhere. For example I have functions to print males and females that take race and list of castes as a parameters, not just a lot of copy-paste.

Another thing to clean up about your xml is that it has prof="CHILD" caste="E_DEFA_F" then princesses then caste="E_DEFA_F". While this is correct, the princesses are kinda in the middle of earth females.

> Don't have any alicorns in my fort so I can't really test it.
Me neither and no one shared a save when I asked for it.

> Also, I'm bad at military stuff in dwarf fortress, so armour is hard to test.
I can try and see if this will work along with checking for plumed helms.
<subsprite sheetIndex="..." zoom="..." color="bodypart" bodypart="mane and tail" equipment_class="HELM" equipment_name="NONE" />
Of course if it works, the adult manes and tails will have to be separate sprites, but that's easy to do and the results may be worth it.

I like it that there are now 13 hair sprites, so no messing with eye indexes anymore. 

Stonesense may have a way to read mane/hair style directly from the game, which would get rid of most of those variants, but I have no idea how to do it.

I'll be updating my script now, but I need to fish for sprite indexes for males and females first.

Hm, most Princesses use eyes 6/7 + 24/25

Some females mix eyes 6/7 with 24/25 while others with 22/23. Which one is better?

I think, I got it:
Female eyes: 2/3 + 22/23; 4/5 + 24/25; 6/7 + 22/23 (24/25 for alicorns). // 3 variants
Femalne manes, alicorns: 40/60, 42/62, 44/64-46/66 // 5 variants
Female manes 40/60 - 51/71 So there is still 12 of them with 3 eye variants. The 13th mane is just for the males.
Male eyes: 8/9; 10/11; 12/13, foals always 28/29 // 3 variants
Male mane and tail: 41/61; 43/63; 49/69-52/72 // 6 variants

EDIT: I updated my script to use the new sprites and... I don't know. It works OK, but the males look mean and the foals no longer look cute with the new sprites, so I guess I preferred the old ones. Some of the eyes don't have enough whites in them. The ponies look a bit off. Now let me see if I can add helmets and armour (from your spritesheet).

EDIT: Equipment didn't work. When I have things like this, ponies don't have manes at all, even when not wearing any headwear.
  <subsprite sheetIndex="40" zoom="1" color="bodypart" bodypart="mane and tail" equipment_class="HELM" equipment_name="NONE" />
  <subsprite sheetIndex="91" zoom="1" equipment_class="HELM" equipment_name="ITEM_HELM_PONY_HELM2" color="equipment" />

I believe, I have achieved a compromise. Manes and tails work normally and there are no helmets (but the one you did based on Dragonshy looks bad anyway). Armour shows up, but only crystal, barding and mail barding, so no fleece or padding. Horseshoes show up, but light horseshoes don't. This actually lead to me finding some problems with "worn over clothing" equipment. Tank is wearing what he's supposed to. Pickaxe is a civilian. The other two have armour, but only light horseshoes.

Creature pack: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71287918/Mlp/MLP_creatures.zip
Script: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71287918/Scripts/stns_castes.pl
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:21:20 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Eltrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 05, 2013, 10:55:32 pm »

Yeah, the armour is bad. I actually didn't mean to include it.  :P It's just placeholder stuff. It'll be much nicer once I redraw it at 64x64. I see what you mean about foals, I'll try to make them cuter. They lost some detail when I downsized the sprites... The mean eyes, is a side effect of me being bad at drawing eyes, and being bad at coming up with eye variants for males. Ah well, can't say I'm happy with them, but I don't really know how to make them look any better.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:02:00 pm by Eltrion »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 06, 2013, 03:40:06 am »

Japa said the helmet vs mane thing will work in a newer version of stonesense. We'll see.

> Yeah, the armour is bad. I actually didn't mean to include it.
The helmets are bad. The barding will look OKish once you thin the borderline. I think you'll want at least two bardings: breastplate / crystal and mail barding / padding / fleece. For horseshoes I'd ignore the light variant. As for other things, capes and dresses might be a good idea. 

> The mean eyes, is a side effect of me being bad at drawing eyes, and being bad at coming up with eye variants for males.
I also tried coming up with a less mean smile for male ponies. I think picture 2 (counting from 0) looks best, but 1 isn't bad either. I removed one pixel from the front, two internal-border pixels from the jaw and changed the jawline. Picture 3 is how ponies look currently.

The eyes have too big irises and not enough whites in general.

> Ah well, can't say I'm happy with them, but I don't really know how to make them look any better.
Well, you could get inspiration from some deviantart trotters, like these. Some of the manes look great and the eyes offer an OK balance of black, white and colour.
http://angel99percent.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=168

Looking at it some more, I think the whole male base is off, has too big head and too small neck and single-pixel fixes won't do much. Look at these. Ugh, when I tried to use it, the pony looks like a llama, but this gave me an indication on what's wrong with your male base; the head starts too low. Maybe 2-3 pixels higher and the head wouldn't look so oversized. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I moved the offending eye one pixel up and back, added a black border, shrinked the male head and made the irises whiter. Oh and I changed the adult pegasus wing. I still didn't get it quite right, but I think it is an improvement over what you did.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm done working on these sprites for now, but Pickaxe's haircut should start higher. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:23:34 am by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 20, 2013, 01:59:00 pm »

I wrote a script to see what creatures are still missing and it doesn't look good. I may have commented out too much stuff.

WARNING: Redefinition of creature BIRD_CHICKEN in "stonesense/creatures/caravan_animals.xml" line 3. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/large_128/domestic.xml" line 85
WARNING: Redefinition of creature BIRD_DUCK in "stonesense/creatures/caravan_animals.xml" line 54. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/large_128/domestic.xml" line 102
WARNING: Redefinition of creature SHEEP in "stonesense/creatures/caravan_animals.xml" line 103. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/large_128/domestic.xml" line 43
WARNING: Redefinition of creature GOAT_MOUNTAIN in "stonesense/creatures/wild_animals.xml" line 54. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/large_128/wild.xml" line 4
WARNING: Redefinition of creature CAT in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 4. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 206
WARNING: Redefinition of creature DOG in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 8. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 5
WARNING: Redefinition of creature CAMEL_1_HUMP in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 13. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 393
WARNING: Redefinition of creature CAMEL_2_HUMP in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 14. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 412
WARNING: Redefinition of creature COW in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 15. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 367
WARNING: Redefinition of creature MULE in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 29. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 334
WARNING: Redefinition of creature DONKEY in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 30. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 315
WARNING: Redefinition of creature MUSKOX in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 31. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 347
WARNING: Redefinition of creature HORSE in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 32. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_domestics.xml" line 296
WARNING: Redefinition of creature OLM_GIANT in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 35. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_subterranean.xml" line 170
WARNING: Redefinition of creature SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 40. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/beefmo_subterranean.xml" line 300
WARNING: Redefinition of creature IMP_FIRE in "stonesense/creatures/Wildlife.xml" line 42. Previously defined in "stonesense/creatures/large_128/crundle.xml" line 15

Trees in RAWs, missing in xml (important): ACACIA

Bushes in RAWs, missing in xml: APPLESAUCE BERRY_SUN CELERY CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATEM COCOA COCOA_BEAN COTTON DANDELION FLAX GOLDENROD_FLOWERS JUTE PONY_APPLE PONY_APPLE_BASKET PONY_APPLE_QUALITY PONY_GRASS_WHEAT PONY_PROCESSED_WHEAT PONY_STRAW POTATO RADISH ROOT_CARROT SILK_ROSE SLIVER_BARB STRAWBERRY SUGAR_BEETS SUGAR_CANE SUNFLOWER SWEET_CHOCOLATE TURNIPS WATER WINTER LETTUCE

Grasses in RAWs, missing in xml (unimportant): BABY TOES SUCCULENT BAMBOO, ARROW BAMBOO, GOLDEN BAMBOO, HEDGE BENTGRASS BLUE SEDGE BUBBLE BULBS CARPETGRASS CATTAIL CAVE MOSS CLOUDBERRY COMMON REED COTTONGRASS DALLISGRASS DOG'S TOOTH GRASS DOWNY GRASS DROPSEED GRASS EYEBALL FESCUE GRASS FIELD SEDGE FLOOR FUNGI GRAMA HAIR GRASS KNOTGRASS MARSH THISTLE MEADOW-GRASS MEADOWSWEET MOUNTAIN AVENS NEEDLE GRASS PEBBLE PLANTS PURPLE MOOR GRASS REEDGRASS RUSH RYEGRASS SATINTAIL SAWGRASS VELVET GRASS WHITE MOUNTAIN HEATHER WORMY TENDRILS ZOYSIA

Checking creatures in xml for errors...
These creatures are defined in xml, but not in the RAWs. Unless some ot them are hardcoded, it should be safe to remove them from stonesense: "GOBLIN", "HORSE", "KOBOLD", "SPIRIT_OF_FIRE", "WHALE"
Done checking creatures in xml.

Creatures in RAWs, missing in xml (important) Skipped varieties: Vermin Giants Men : "AARDVARK", "ADDER", "ALLIGATOR SNAPPING TURTLE", "ANACONDA", "ARMADILLO", "ARMADILLO MAN", "ARMADILLO, GIANT", "AYE-AYE", "BADGER", "BADGER MAN", "BADGER, GIANT", "BEAR_SLOTH", "BEAVER", "BIRD_ALBATROSS", "BIRD_BUZZARD", "BIRD_CASSOWARY", "BIRD_EAGLE", "BIRD_EMU", "BIRD_FALCON_PEREGRINE", "BIRD_GUINEAFOWL", "BIRD_HORNBILL", "BIRD_KAKAPO", "BIRD_KEA", "BIRD_KESTREL", "BIRD_KIWI", "BIRD_KIWI_GIANT", "BIRD_LOON", "BIRD_OSPREY", "BIRD_OSTRICH", "BIRD_OSTRICH_GIANT", "BIRD_OWL_BARN", "BIRD_OWL_GREAT_HORNED", "BIRD_OWL_SNOWY", "BIRD_PARROT_GREY", "BIRD_PENGUIN", "BIRD_PENGUIN_EMPEROR", "BIRD_PENGUIN_GIANT", "BIRD_PENGUIN_LITTLE", "BIRD_PUFFIN", "BIRD_RAVEN", "BIRD_ROC", "BIRD_STORK_WHITE", "BIRD_SWAN", "BIRD_VULTURE", "BLACK_MAMBA", "BLENDEC_FOUL", "BLIND_CAVE_BEAR", "BLIND_CAVE_OGRE", "BOBCAT", "BONOBO", "BUGBAT", "BUSHMASTER", "CAPUCHIN", "CAPYBARA", "CAPYBARA MAN", "CAPYBARA, GIANT", "CAVE_BLOB", "CAVE_DRAGON", "CAVE_FLOATER", "CAVY", "CENTAUR", "CHIMERA", "CHIMPANZEE", "CHINCHILLA", "COATI", "COLOSSUS_BRONZE", "COPPERHEAD_SNAKE", "COYOTE", "CRAB", "CREEPING_EYE", "CROCODILE_SALTWATER", "DESERT TORTOISE", "DINGO", "DRALTHA", "DRUNIAN", "ECHIDNA", "ELEMENTMAN_AMETHYST", "ELEMENTMAN_GABBRO", "ELEPHANT_SEAL", "ELK_BIRD", "EQUIPMENT_WAGON", "FISH_BARRACUDA_GREAT", "FISH_BLUEFISH", "FISH_COD", "FISH_COELACANTH", "FISH_GAR_LONGNOSE", "FISH_GROUPER_GIANT", "FISH_HALIBUT", "FISH_LAMPREY_SEA", "FISH_MARLIN", "FISH_MILKFISH", "FISH_OPAH", "FISH_PIKE", "FISH_RAY_MANTA", "FISH_SKATE_COMMON", "FISH_STINGRAY", "FISH_STURGEON", "FISH_SUNFISH_OCEAN", "FISH_SWORDFISH", "FISH_TIGERFISH", "FISH_TUNA_BLUEFIN", "FLESH_BALL", "FLOATING_GUTS", "GIANT PEREGRINE FALCON", "GIANT TORTOISE", "GIANT TORTOISE MAN", "GIBBON_BILOU", "GIBBON_BLACK_CRESTED", "GIBBON_BLACK_HANDED", "GIBBON_GRAY", "GIBBON_PILEATED", "GIBBON_SIAMANG", "GIBBON_SILVERY", "GIBBON_WHITE_BROWED", "GIBBON_WHITE_HANDED", "GIGANTIC SQUID", "GIGANTIC TORTOISE", "GILA_MONSTER", "GIRAFFE", "GNOME_DARK", "GNOME_MOUNTAIN", "GORILLA", "GORLAK", "GREEN_DEVOURER", "GREMLIN", "GRIMELING", "HARE", "HARP_SEAL", "HELMET_SNAKE", "HONEY BADGER", "HORSESHOE_CRAB", "HUNGRY_HEAD", "HYDRA", "HYENA", "IBEX", "IMPALA", "JACKAL", "KANGAROO", "KING_COBRA", "KINGSNAKE", "KIWI MAN", "KOALA", "LEOPARD_SEAL", "LYNX", "MAGMA_CRAB", "MANDRILL", "MANERA", "MERPERSON", "MINK", "MOLEMARIAN", "MONGOOSE", "MONITOR_LIZARD", "MOOSE", "MOOSE MAN", "MOOSE, GIANT", "NARWHAL", "NARWHAL MAN", "NARWHAL, GIANT", "OCELOT", "OCTOPUS", "OPOSSUM", "ORANGUTAN", "ORCA", "OSTRICH MAN", "PANDA", "PANDA MAN", "PANDA, GIGANTIC", "PANGOLIN", "PENGUIN MAN", "PEREGRINE FALCON MAN", "PLATYPUS", "PLATYPUS MAN", "PLATYPUS, GIANT", "POND_GRABBER", "POND_TURTLE", "PORCUPINE", "PYTHON", "RATTLESNAKE", "REACHER", "RED PANDA", "RED PANDA MAN", "RED PANDA, GIANT", "RHINOCEROS", "RIVER OTTER", "RUTHERER", "SASQUATCH", "SATYR", "SCORPION_DESERT_GIANT", "SEA OTTER", "SEA_MONSTER", "SEA_SERPENT", "SHARK_ANGEL", "SHARK_FRILL", "SKUNK", "SLOTH", "SNAPPING TURTLE", "SPERM_WHALE", "SPIDER_MONKEY", "SPONGE", "SQUID MAN", "STOAT", "STRANGLER", "TAPIR", "UNICORN", "VORACIOUS_CAVE_CRAWLER", "WEASEL", "WILD_BOAR", "WOLVERINE", "WOMBAT", "WORM_KNUCKLE", "YETI"
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 25, 2013, 05:46:03 pm »

Nevermind, we're good. For some reason I was missing phobeus directory in stonesense. It uses 16x16 phobeus, so the creature only look OK from afar, but it's still better than letters. I also finished my script and you can get it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133640.msg4789713#msg4789713

Comparing RAWs and stonesense config:

Trees in RAWs, missing in xml (important): ACACIA

Bushes in RAWs, missing in xml: APPLESAUCE BERRY_SUN CELERY CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATEM COCOA COCOA_BEAN COTTON DANDELION FLAX GOLDENROD_FLOWERS JUTE PONY_APPLE PONY_APPLE_BASKET PONY_APPLE_QUALITY PONY_GRASS_WHEAT PONY_PROCESSED_WHEAT PONY_STRAW POTATO RADISH ROOT_CARROT SILK_ROSE SLIVER_BARB STRAWBERRY SUGAR_BEETS SUGAR_CANE SUNFLOWER SWEET_CHOCOLATE TURNIPS WATER WINTER LETTUCE

Grasses in RAWs, missing in xml (unimportant): BABY TOES SUCCULENT BAMBOO, ARROW BAMBOO, GOLDEN BAMBOO, HEDGE BENTGRASS BLUE SEDGE BUBBLE BULBS CARPETGRASS CATTAIL CAVE MOSS CLOUDBERRY COMMON REED COTTONGRASS DALLISGRASS DOG'S TOOTH GRASS DOWNY GRASS DROPSEED GRASS EYEBALL FESCUE GRASS FIELD SEDGE FLOOR FUNGI GRAMA HAIR GRASS KNOTGRASS MARSH THISTLE MEADOW-GRASS MEADOWSWEET MOUNTAIN AVENS NEEDLE GRASS PEBBLE PLANTS PURPLE MOOR GRASS REEDGRASS RUSH RYEGRASS SATINTAIL SAWGRASS VELVET GRASS WHITE MOUNTAIN HEATHER WORMY TENDRILS ZOYSIA

Checking creatures in xml for errors...
These creatures are defined in xml, but not in the RAWs. Unless some ot them are hardcoded, it should be safe to remove them from stonesense: "BIRD_EAGLE_GIANT", "CAVE_LOBSTER", "DEMON", "DWARF", "ELF", "FORGOTTEN_BEAST", "FROG_DEMON", "GOBLIN", "HORSE", "HUMAN", "KIWI_MAN", "KOBOLD", "LEECHMAN", "SLUGMAN", "SNAILMAN", "SPIRIT_OF_FIRE", "TENTACLE_DEMON", "TITAN", "TREANT", "WEREWOLF", "WHALE", "WIZARD"
Done checking creatures in xml.

Creatures in RAWs, missing in xml (important) (Skipped varieties: Vermin Giants Men ): "CHIMERA", "EQUIPMENT_WAGON"

Eltrion, are you still there?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:52:48 pm by Maklak »
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Eltrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 27, 2013, 02:11:32 pm »

Still here, Exam Season though. Expect me to have some new developments come December, but for now Studying.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 27, 2013, 03:14:19 pm »

Chimera does not exist. Wagons should have their own special tile.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 27, 2013, 06:33:32 pm »

> Wagons should have their own special tile.
They don't exist in dfhack3 stonesense, but I've seen screenshots with wagons, so it's a bit of a head scratcher for me. I searched for "EQUIPMENT_WAGON" in the files and exmained the png files and couldn't find a wagon. Hopefully there will be a new version of dfhack and stonesense soon and it will be fixed or something.

> Expect me to have some new developments come December, but for now Studying.
Good. You're better at this than me. The sprite pack works as it is, but there's a lot of room for improvement and is still needs to be merged into the mod.

As for porting some of this to FoE mod, my version of caste script can be modified to do it. There are lots of missing creatures, but many of them already have 16x16 sprites in Phobeus style, made by Deon and Lycaeon. Using them beats having letters, I guess.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 05, 2013, 01:08:38 am »

Where can I get the sprites Maklak has in his pictures? Also is the version on the front page the newest?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:20:32 am by zlurker »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 05, 2013, 06:35:38 am »

> Where can I get the sprites Maklak has in his pictures?
They were somewhat scattered over the last two pages of this thread. Here, this should work OK.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71287918/Mlp/MLP_creatures.zip

> Also is the version on the front page the newest?
Probably. There has been very little updates or other activity here lately.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 05, 2013, 01:28:33 pm »

Only probably? D: Guess I'll look back through the pages that I missed while I was derping with another mod and see if the OP posted any links.
----
Welp I found a link to a beta back on page 40, not sure whether to trust it though considering DF is buggy enough. Anybody have a version with all the bugfixes they could link me?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:37:17 pm by zlurker »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 81