Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 186033 times)

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just decided to start a new fort. Managed to found it on a rather weird crossroad of a joyous shrubland and untamed wilds tropical ocean. Should be fun.
---------------
Only like two months in and everything is going great. The ponies have comfortable bedrooms, a dining room and there's four fields growing various plants though most specifically sunberries. Not entirely sure how this happened since I never had them as an option on the other pony forts but not complaining in the least. Be great to send some excess back to the parent civ at least to show them what bitchin' drinks mine enjoy daily.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:31:15 pm by zlurker »

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, Sorcerer's back!

Bugfix posted, think I've caught everything mentioned in the thread at least.. now to find all the ones I've missed XD
OP is updated :D

I fixed the Rainbow Extrapolator requirements, if that's a big enough thing to include it in the credits.

I've found out how to fix the rainbow extrapolator, it should now require the proper blueprint instead of any item classified as "tool".

In raw\building_pony.txt search for "Rainbow Color Extrapolator". Below, just before the entry for the next building starts, there should be a line:
Code: [Select]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BLUEPRINT_RAINBOW_WORKSHOP:NONE:NONE]
Change WORKSHOP to EXTRAPOLATOR.

I'm off to try the new version. Does anybody know if worldgen length or any other parameters affects the probability of civs being at war?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Worldgen length should increase the odds of a war breaking out at some point, but they could end just as much as begin during long world gens.  The only other important factors are probably ethics in the entity files, but I'm not sure if there's a sure fire way to get war without the baby snatcher tag.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Baby Snatcher is the only thing that will guarantee war, but having a lot of ethics as acceptable or required for one civ and unacceptable for the other should greatly increase the chance of war.

I think these should be a good combo for getting ponies to go to war with them:
[ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_ENEMY:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:KILL_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_ANIMALS:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TRESPASSING:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:THEFT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:ASSAULT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]

I'll have to test to see if these are vary likely to end up at war, but it so, they could work for the Changelings as a way to have them at war without the Baby Snatcher token.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Did some work on the mod over the weekend, but nothing worth posting yet. Fixed some outstanding reaction bugs and added the changeling civ. Giving those ethics a quick whirl made war pretty likely at least. I still want to at least t give the changelings some interactions before calling this a release. The rest of the reactions should be hotfixable tho so I might release them on their own.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed that DFHack has an ability to remove bad thoughts from Dwarves.  Would it be possible to modify that to make an interaction for Changelings eat ponies happy thoughts?

I don't really know much about DFHack, so this could be a completely impossible idea, though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

The issue is the interactions, really.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently, my expedition leader needs alcohol to get through the working day. A dwarf in pony disguise?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen that in Nidokoenig's mod too, so I'm guessing it's just a randomly generated personality trait that can apply to anything non dwarven on occasion.  I don't think it actually means anything, unfortunately.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I thought it's tied to the ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT creature token.

I tried to gen a world with high amount of civs and low max site count to encourage wars. Legends mode showed some conflicts, mostly griffons vs somebody else, but none of them lasted until the worldgen end.

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile

Would be glad to help code, I'm going to work on some things, but if you need anything in particular done, just ask.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never played the original pony mod, but did read part of Glitterglen.  I seem to recall Diomedians being butchered and eaten happily in that fortress.  Is that allowable in this mod by default, can it be enabled simply with an ethics change, or does it require significant editing of the entity raw?

I'm so happy to find that there is a current version of a 'normal' pony mod, instead of only fallout-inspired ones.  I personally want happy, cheerful violence.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was a change KingStrongbeard made.  The default pony mod doesn't allow butchering sapients.  :)  It only requires one change in the ethics section to permit it, but I don't recall what the ethic name was exactly.  Should be fairly easy to figure out though.

I hope Sorcerer has time to work on this mod some more eventually.  With the next version of DF coming out in a month or two, we're going to need a regular pony mod that works in it!  I'll probably end up modifying the old pony mod of Nidokoenig's in order to get it working in the new version at first, since it's far simpler.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

With the next version of DF coming out in a month or two, we're going to need a regular pony mod that works in it!

Who says that we'll all play the new version when it comes out, personally I'm just going to finish my community fort and wait for bugfixes etc. before stepping foot into it.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I probably won't start immediately either, but some of the changes I'm really looking forward to (real trees!).  Plus, it does take time to get the mods working in the new version.  So, by the time that's done the bugs will probably mostly be sorted out.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 81