Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 186043 times)

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I pinned down the problem a bit. "Cocoa bag" becomes useless once it's put in food container (barrel or pot).
Processing "Cocoa beans" makes "seeds". Not "Cocoa seeds", just "Seeds". And they glitch as well. Ponies does not move this bag of "Seeds" at all and content sometimes disappears.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

sounds like I've got the reaction to give the wrong seed type then, thanks for the catch I'll get that fixed asap. I'll also see if I can rework the cocoa bags a bit.

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Always happy to help. And forget the glitch/disappear comment, my mistake.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I did notice you have to more or less put cocoa in its own stockpile and forbid barrels from said stockpile to get the chocolate-making reactions to work.

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found another minor bug:
Rainbow color extrapolator: Extracting "green" color from rainbow does not require water bucket.
Also, all clouds, and they products are not mentioned in stockpile.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:11:15 pm by Ultimoos »

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With clouds, I think that's a deliberate decision. (I kinda think they should stay in the weather factory. What would be the point of putting clouds in a stockpile?) But it is kind of annoying that finished goods made of cloud can't be stockpiled.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

That's fixable tho, I'll add it to the queue.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The green color not using water is a lack of square brackets in the contains:water part. Which means it still needs a bucket. :P
As for beans... strange, I can't seem to find anything in the raws...
Oh,  by the way, is there a reason, why Archive looks like this?
Code: [Select]
XBB
BXB
XBB
With X being the empty space and B being non-movable space?
I though it should be
Code: [Select]
BBB
BXB
BXB
As it seems to look like this when built.
I mean, during construction and for general use.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:22:13 pm by Asssasin Asha »

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm running on a previous version, I think 1.4.8 or something like that, will it hurt to update? Not entirely sure how save files work with stuff like that. Failing that anybody got a list of all the bugfixes I could use to check off?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

If you're unsure you could just copy your save game folder and extract the raw folder from the new version Into it. Unfortunately a lot of the problems that were fixed were reaction bugs, which is usually needs a regeneration to fix.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Fixing reagents in reactions will work fine, I think.  Renaming reactions, or adding or removing them will cause problems though.  Oh, and allowing reactions in an entity file requires a regen.  I think that's the biggest problem you're likely to face, since the pony entity file was missing a couple.

The bug with griffons not having trade triggers is supposedly fixable in the raws without a regen at least.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorcerer, you said you are open to ideas few pages ago, so I'm dropping this here.

Regarding whole research system, I came with few ideas. Do not wary, I do not expect them to be used. Mainly because I do not know how much can be moded. I'm sharing those ideas to ease my mind, it was hard to fall asleep last night.
My ideas depend on some factors I'm not aware if are possible to mod or not.

1. Idea system:
A pony with high skill in related job would have a chance to come up with an idea of new use to the material he works with. Example: gem cutter of outstanding skill would at some point get an idea of growing gems in to crystals. opening new research project. This would work similarly to "mood" system. Pony with the "idea" would need to claim a library to write down basic explanation, so other ponies can start the research.
2. Expanded studding/research:
Now that we have open research project of gem growing, a research on the process has to be performed. Gem growing research would contain of smaller projects that have to be completed. So now we got: "Small volume gem growth process", respectively "medium" and "large". To perform research on small project, ponies have to use related materials, in this case gems of respectful sizes. To perform those projects ponies would use related skill, in this case gem cutting. Researching projects would yield research notes. Depending on quality of the note it would be useful or not. That way, high skill ponies would have higher chances of succeeding in research. Low quality/useless  notes would  be destroyed.
3. Research director:
This is the pony in charge of all projects. He would need high bookkeeping skill (because its related and can be trained). This pony would gather and combine all useful project notes in to complete projects and eventually complete research and blueprints.   

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Thanks for the feedback and ideas ultimoos, unfortunately it's not something that can be implemented in the current crafting system, as skill is not something within our reach..
We can't set a specific skill requirement on a dwarf (or pony) to make a certain item, and we can't require a reaction to require a specific quality level item, and we can't set alternate outputs (like 20% chance of this and 80% chance of that) either of these would open up a ton of options, having all three would be nigh limitless.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can make a reaction to produce A with 20% chance and B with 80% chance, but the results will be asymptotic to:
00: 0.16
A0: 0.04
0B: 0.64
AB: 0.16

> yeah, which means you will also have a chance to produce either neither, or both, neither option is desirable
With 32% probability.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:26:17 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

yeah, which means you will also have a chance to produce either neither, or both, neither option is desirable
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 81