Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 186018 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

I'll make some changes to the entities and see if I can fix a rudimentary version of the changelings as more of a perma-war type civ.

Baby snatchers?  A bit of a stretch in some ways, but not so much in others.  I think you can go with the [UTTERANCES] tag to pretty much guarantee unending war, but it might be funky in other ways.

Im not sure what would be best for the people that actually play this.. I can do several smaller incremental updates or fewer larger updates. With regards to how DF works Im guessing the latter is best, but I thought I'd check what people think.

Seems like a major release cycle with new features followed by a few smaller bugfix releases would work well?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

That's what I was thinking too, the only major issue is with my pick up and peck for a bit style of modding I am doing at the moment whenever I have time and the mood takes me, I'll just have to document all my changes so I know exactly what I've done. Think I've grown too accustomed to the the source control at work, and i forget to write down stuff, so I forget and that leads to stuff like the missing triggers, blah.. I wish I had more time to dedicate to this. Ohwell. I'll do what I can!

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This has probably been asked like a thousand times before, but what's a good embark site and profile for ponies?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Depends what you want to do to be honest, personally I prefer the aboveground construction method as it is a bit more pony. You want a warm area with lots of trees, and hopefully a water source that doesn't go dry. As for the wagon,bring lots of seeds and a pair of sheep as they are your source of "leather" through flax. Then you just look at your starting seven and give them some fitting skills based on their cutie mark and personalities.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As I was reading the forums, someone mentioned that DFHack has a script to remove a dwarf bad thoughts.  Would it be possible to modify the script in such a way that Changlings have an attack that can remove random happy thoughts from their target, to simulate them feeding off their love?

If that's possible, would it also be possible to use that to have Vampires remove happy thoughts instead of blood, with the basic idea being that they are changling infiltrators?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to modify the script in such a way that Changlings have an attack that can remove random happy thoughts from their target, to simulate them feeding off their love?

I've been trying to work on that for a while, but I've had no luck whatsoever.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

aw, that's a shame, would be perfect for the changelings..
you seem to have a pretty good handle on the capabilities of DfHack putnam, do we have any other options for making the changelings a bit closer to canon?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I don't watch pony stuff, my brother does. He's not near me right now, so I don't really have a way to tell what you're asking :P

No, I mean having interactions activate context-sensitive scripts, passing on the target and/or location to the script. Can't figure it out. If I could, that would be... incredible. Truly incredible. You don't even know.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Yeah, I can imagine... The material syndrome script alone cracked open a swathe of possibilities. Having full script access to the interactions would be amazing. Maybe someday :p

In other news, I got some days off work for easter next weekend, going to make an effort to do a bit of ponymod then. I'm hoping to at least finish those changelings and maybe look at some of those material syndrome possibilities mentioned above.

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have found some problems with this mod:
Leather:
Even through leather can not be made by ponies they can still need it for mood. I did not play long enough to trade with all civs. Can leather be acquired from Gryphon's?
Fat:
Ponies can not do anything with fat from slaughtered animals but it can still be stored. Can fat be traded to other civs?

Those are all the problems I encountered so far.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:14:28 pm by Ultimoos »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

You can use iron wool (is that the name?) as leather I think.  You also might not be able to use fat, but I think you can trade it to griffons (ponies will probably get offended as it should imply an animal kill).
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can use iron wool (is that the name?) as leather I think.
It's fleece. Can be made at magic loom.

As for syndromes, here is what I figured out.
Code: [Select]
[SYNDROME]
           [SYN_NAME:rainbow gas inhalation]
           [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS:PEGASUS]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS:PRINCESS]
           [SYN_INHALED]
           [CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:10000:PROB:100:START:0:END:3600]
           [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:30:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:50:END:12000]
[CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:40:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:50:END:12000]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:1000:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:ALL:START:1:PEAK:50:END:8400]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:50:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:50:END:12000]
I don't even know, why it looks so strange in this code...
Anyway, this is the syndrome itself. Unconsciousness for three days, dizziness, drowsiness and speed cut by half(I still think) for ten days. All counted from the moment of exposure. I am uncertain whether or not staying unconscious near the source of gas prolongs the issue. I suddenly found myself lacking time to do anything in terms of testing. I am sorry, for I said I would test... :'(
I would say impaired grasp for a week, but that doesn't work for some reason... that, or it is not listed on health screen.

Though this will work as intended only if you go to creature_pony_pony_NEW.txt, go here:
Code: [Select]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_PONY:PONY_TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:2WINGS:2LUNGS:HEART:PONY_GUTS:PONY_ORGANS:PONY_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:PONY_SPINE:BRAIN:TONGUE:SKULL:PONY_MOUTH:TEETH:RIBCAGE:EYELIDS:CHEEKS]
[CASTE_TILE:'p']
[CASTE_SOLDIER_TILE:'P']
[DESCRIPTION:A pony with beautiful wings.]
[CASTE_NAME:pegasus pony:pegasus ponies:pegasus pony]
[BABYNAME:newborn pegasus foal:newborn pegasus foals]
[CHILDNAME:pegasus foal:pegasus foals]
[FLIER]
[SPEED:777]
[MAXAGE:75:120]
[POP_RATIO:100000]
and add
[CREATURE_CLASS:PEGASUS]
tag somewhere there. This will render all pegasi immune to the syndrome. And because all alicorns are princesses, that's already covered.
Now you have to go to inorganic_rainbow.txt and add the syndrome to every gas color. I was wondering about also adding it to those clouds that are set to boil, but I dunno. Your call.

Feel free to change the numbers and such. If you also know, why grasp is not impaired, please do tell. I would like to know.
Cheers!

Ultimoos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, thanks for the replays. i did not play with whole research system yet.
Another problem, this time regarding "Cocoa".
I embark with 12 "Cocoa seeds". I plant them on farm and get 12 Cocoa beans. Ponies automatically process them in the kitchen and I get 12 bags with cocoa. And here things break. I get no cocoa seeds from processing the beans. Also after cocoa bags are taken from kitchen, kitchen  is not aware anymore of its presence. I only managed to produce 1 bar of chocolate before all cocoa bags were taken to the food stockpile. So, right now I got 1 chocolate bar, 11 cocoa bags and no seeds. I still have empty bags. But kitchen does not see cocoa anymore.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:16:05 pm by Ultimoos »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen a few times the game won't let you craft something you do have the mats for.  Try having the manager queue the job.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

I'll look into the missing seeds there, you should get those as a byproduct of the processing, and look into why you can't make more than one  bar of chocolate while I'm at it.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 81