Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185996 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome back! :)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to hear from you again, Sorcerer!

I hope you didn't mind me posting that compilation of fixes to keep us going until you came back. Most of it is based on stuff figured out in this thread, though I did do a small thing or two. (The tweak to carrots for not-freezing biomes and fixing the issue with turnip seeds being labeled radish seeds. And fixing the spelling of "lettuc juice". The missing "e" when I noticed it annoyed me enough that I had to fix it. I fixed the crystal mace reaction, it was popping out short swords. Also added the missing cloud cloth, golden silk, cloth backpack and cloth quiver reactions to the pony entity file. And I fixed the bit with the misspellings in the pony creature file regarding the mechanics skill and mechanics cutie marks.) I believe Assassin Asha is the one who worked out how to fix the fleece bug and the issue with the rainbow juice not allowing us to extract color from it. I think Telgin is the one who noticed potatoes were missing the tag that to make them millable. If I'm missing listing anybody else who helped, I'm sorry.

There is a major bug with the alicorns. They seem to be missing the necessary stuff for descriptions. I posted above about drawing the monarch to my last fort and noticing she had no description beyond her mane style. (One thing to do a little copy and paste, or fixing a misspelling but that kind of modding is beyond me.)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've done some editing that should give the information Alicorns need to have descriptions, although I won't be able to regen a world a test it until after work tomorrow:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?03q4p0t4b6b6n1h

Just unzip the two files into your <game>\raw\objects folder

It also fixes a weird issue where "a hat and wand" was considered an explorer cutie mark.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

tali: quite the contrary, I'm glad someone picked up my slack!
The community fixes seem to cover the things I have(n't) been working on for the bugfix patch, which makes all kinds of sense I guess considering the brokenness of some of those systems.

My schedule for this afternoon seems to be pretty clear, so I'll make a considered effort to compile the changes, merge them and release that damn bugfix already :P

Looking at some of the utilities and addons that have been made for dfhack recently is quite exhilerating. things like the construction helper looks to help aboveground construction a lot, and putnam's item syndrome hack REALLY opens up the whole research and magic stuff!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:03:53 am by Sorcerer »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Bugfix posted, think I've caught everything mentioned in the thread at least.. now to find all the ones I've missed XD
OP is updated :D

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, looking through, you missed the fixes for plants. The thing where I tweaked carrots for any non-freezing biome, I can get you leaving that out. However, potatoes are still missing the tag for milling, and turnip seeds are still labeled radish seeds. (And lettuce juice is still misspelled. I know it's petty but spelling errors irk me.) Good thing I still have a backup of my fixed plants file. Also, golden silk reaction is missing from the pony entity as are the cloth backpack and cloth quiver reactions. However, I am glad you fixed the crystal mace reaction, rainbow color extraction and you included the fixes for alicorns.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Huh, actually looks like I included the old one again by mistake, definitely need a better system for current /dev builds I think...

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, It looks like I managed to make it so the rainbow gas, that spawns in weather reactions, is actually harmful for non-pegasi. It should also be harmless for alicorns, though I don't know how to check it, aside from attracting an alicorn, which would take "some" time...
For now the effect is... well... they die after their lungs and skin rots off... the affected being(I used GENERAL_POISON tag, so it's a lot of creatures. It would be wise not to assign a pegasus with a pet to weather or keep a pet out somehow) dies within few days tops with no hope of survival. I did it only for testing purposes. If you have some ideas as to what should be affected and with what, I might try and incorporate it.
I mean, IIRC Sorcerer, you wanted the gas to have some consequences for non-pegasi, right?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Yep, that was one of the planned features to keep pegasi doing the weather jobs. Could possibly notch down the lethality and just make it stun targets, to prevent accidental pet massacre whenever fluttershy analogues reports for tornado duty :p

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obviously notch down. I would never really subject anypony to murderous gases... There is a paralysis tag. Though I should check how it works. Might paralyse them, but we don't want to stop lungs or something. Probably inhalation, not contact... afterwards affecting motor control temporarily... hmm... give me some time.

Edit:
Bummer...
For small creatures such as humans and dwarves, paralysis tends to result in suffocation.
Gotta use something else... paralysis is global... can't paralyse a limb or something...
Maybe make it inflict unconsciousness? Or dizziness, drowsiness? Maybe some pain or swelling(that means not inhalation but contact; unless it wouldn't hurt lungs... this syndrome system is quite complex)?
Sorry for that barrage of questions. I'm not that good at coming up with something like that and this is your mod, anyway.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:30:46 pm by Asssasin Asha »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

yeah, full paralysis includes lung function, and smaller creatures suffocate quite quickly. You should be able to give a local paralyzation with syndromes i think, but a high value dizzy or drowsy might be sufficient for this.. might even get them a trip to the medipony.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unfortunately paralysis is only global. It does not accept any specified targets.
Will have to work with dizziness and drowsiness.
It will take some time. Gotta think out(read as: randomly test) numbers and such. It's going to take a while, seeing as I've never did something like it before. It should work quite fast but not inflict lasting damage... Yeah, will test.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I think this paralysis syndrome will knock out but be non-fatal, I use it for a Druid's ranged attack on an ammo so TBH I can't guarantee it's non fatal.  (the ammo causes physical damage too, and usually somebody stops by shortly to lop the enemies head off anyway :) )  But it might be a place to start.

[SYNDROME]
      [SYN_INHALED]
            [SYN_CONTACT]
      [SYN_NAME:binding roots]
      [CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:300:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:5:END:300]
      [CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:300:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:5:END:1000]
      [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:25:START:0:END:1000]

and this is a somewhat balanced/tested  dizzyness drowsiness spell (plus a chance to impair grasp, which sometimes causes to drop weapon)

[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
      [SYN_NAME:sapped strength]
      [CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:50:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:50:END:1000]
      [CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:150:PROB:100:START:1:PEAK:50:END:1000]
      [CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:1000:PROB:50:BP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:ALL:START:0:PEAK:50:END:1000]
      [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:80:RESISTABLE:START:1:PEAK:50:END:10000]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:50:31 pm by smakemupagus »

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooohh, might be useful. You mind?
Now, the wiki says paralysis tends to suffocate smaller creatures like dwarves. I don't want to take chances with ponies, regardless of size.
How long will the dizzy/drowsy spell last? Looks like... one fortress mode day?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Sure!  All I ask is that if you find they act really strangely or are broken and you fix, please post it :)

Yep, 1000 is just less than 1 fortress day.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 81