Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185891 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #210 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:45 am »

Hmm, you may be right! I was referencing the wiki on [LIMB] but grasp probably does the same thing, I'll have a looksee if it helps, thanks!

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 12, 2012, 12:00:48 pm »

You're welcome.
If you find out that [GRASP] alone does work, remember to also remove redundant [LIMB] tags from all hand-like appendages in your mod, I see you have it on hooves and griffon claws too. And probably on other creatures as well.
I doubt having both [LIMB] and [GRASP] causes any conflicts, but it's probably better to err on the side of caution and keep consistent with vanilla DF.

About the straw color, I changed [DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:0] to [DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:1] at line 385 in material_template_pony.txt (under [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRAW_TEMPLATE]).
I don't know about you, but I want my rooftops to be bright yellow! :D

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 12, 2012, 12:06:45 pm »

definately sounds better, I'll fix that up too!

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2012, 01:28:21 pm »

To make the telekinetic graspers transparent, use [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:0] in the body file. Attacks will pass right through, though they'll still be used as graspers.
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2012, 01:41:25 pm »

When I tried that, it oddly didn't work.  I still had TK getting bucked off.  The only solution I had was to make it internal, which surprisingly worked.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2012, 01:54:30 pm »

I found out that I still have my old test fort saved on an USB flash drive, the very same fort that had Lace Lizard, the legendary filly carpenter.
I remember giving it up because of FPS death, but with my new computers proccessing power I can run the fort at well over 100 FPS, and it's an awesome fort.
So I'll be running that for now instead of starting anything new in the new version, not to worry though, I'll turn over to the new version to test new things eventually, I just want to relive good old memories, perhaps write some fic about it and Lace before burying it.

When I tried that, it oddly didn't work.  I still had TK getting bucked off.  The only solution I had was to make it internal, which surprisingly worked.

That still makes it possible to bruise and cut the telekinesis though, in the same way you can bruise and cut livers and guts.

Lycaeons method should work, his unicorns can't have their telekinesis surgically removed.
If you guys are having problems figuring how to make telekinesis a transparent limb then don't be afraid to reverse engineer some of Lycaeons mod files, it's not wrong to look at what others did right, and he has said on multiple occasions that it was okay to go by his work (as long as it isn't downright stolen and credited as your own deviation obviously).
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2012, 03:38:28 pm »

Here's the telekinesis I use. It doesn't have the [LIMB] tag either, which may be what stops it from getting kicked off.

[BODY:TELEKINESIS_BASIC]
   [BP:TELEKINESIS_1:telekinesis:telekineses][CON_CAT:HORN][GRASP][SMALL][CATEGORY:MAGIC]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:0]
   [BP:TELEKINESIS_2:telekinesis:telekineses][CON_CAT:HORN][GRASP][SMALL][CATEGORY:MAGIC]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:0]
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 12, 2012, 06:56:32 pm »

If the telekinesis is made of a tissue with the shape FEATHER, all attacks should go right through.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2012, 10:54:01 am »

Off topic I know, but I just have to say. Ahh, the sweet sound of modders working together...

Sorry, I mod minecraft a bit, and I'm seriously considering stopping my work on an ingame youtube player because of how toxic the modding community over there is.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2012, 09:23:43 pm »

I'm aware.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2012, 10:35:52 am »

Hehe, I've been poking around that community a bit as well, it seems to be mostly a few bad eggs, but recently there's been a ton of co-development and mod specific subfeatures in the larger forge mods, so there's SOME cooperation going on at least, but then you have things like the better than wolves mod who refuses any sort of compatibility, and flowerchild who outright sabotaged his own mod so that it would break when used with a third party launcher, just to stop it from being added to the technic pack... kinda crazy stuff

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2012, 03:42:48 pm »

Sorceror, better than wolves is flowerchild; it was the forestry dev who did the sabotage.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2012, 03:43:56 pm »

huh, guess i got the two mixed up then, but my point still stands

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2012, 05:02:09 am »

The Minecraft community sure sounds nice.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2012, 11:01:15 am »

It's what you would expect to evolve from a forum popular with early teens run by a separate company looking to make money from ad revenue while keeping as much liability, controversy, and personnel costs down as possible. Then you toss in adfly, another company looking to exploit people for ad views.

Back on topic, would you consider adding a normal fleece reaction to the magic loom? One that turns just wool cloth into a leather item? It may have been because of the extra reactions I added (though they're unrelated to leather) but I've never been able to get leather by the time a mood needs it, and just a generic weak leather from wool would be awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 81