Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185876 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2012, 05:22:31 am »

I've already set up everything now, I have all the different castes grouped up, the only thing i need to do is to go to each of the class groups and define their special cutie mark bonuses, I found out that if you for instance define a skill rate twice, the latter stays, so I set up ALL the earth ponies with one skill/stat/personality set, and then change that according to their special talents.

As such, i have a long list of all the groupings, like this:

Code: [Select]

earth pony teacher
   [SELECT_CASTE:E_TEAC_M][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_M1][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_M2][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_M3][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_M4]
[SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_F][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_F1][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_F2][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_F3][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:E_TEAC_F4]

[SKILL_RATES:TEACHING:105:16:32:32]
[SKILL_RATES:LEADERSHIP:100:8:16:16]
[SKILL_RATES:JUDGING_INTENT:105:16:32:32]
[SKILL_RATES:KNOWLEDGE_ACQUISITION:100:8:16:16]

[PERSONALITY:CHEERFULNESS:20:65:100]
[PERSONALITY:ASSERTIVENESS:25:55:100]
[PERSONALITY:ALTRUISM:50:85:100] 
[PERSONALITY:INTELLECTUAL_CURIOSITY:10:50:100]

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2012, 11:29:26 pm »

Woo, the awesomeness continues!
I'd actually stopped playing DF since the steam summer sale...

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2012, 12:55:17 am »

I still think that there isn't wrong with having your ponies live like dwarves. Pegasi make wonderful miners, masons, carpenters and engineers due to [SPEED:777], or so I remember. I just got back into playing with Dwarf Fortress recently however so I'm looking forward to seeing if this is true or not.

inb4 cutie marks make this difficult for some reason, magical flank tattoos be damned I want pegasi masons and engineers to build me a glorious maze of death!

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2012, 01:30:03 am »

Pegasi are always my miners, masons, and engravers.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2012, 12:54:13 am »

Any chance of getting single pony type exclusive civ files as an addon? A civ each for earth, unicorn, and pegasus?
It's cannon from pre-equestria times.

It would be interesting having a unicorn exclusive fort, or an earth pony mega farm.
Plus one problem with this mod is it's REALLY hard for me to force myself to assign ponies based on my fortress needs, instead I end assign them based on caste strengths. If I only had earth ponies it wouldn't be a problem assigning one as a clothier

I'd do it myself but wordpad croaks trying to open a 10meg text document...

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2012, 03:41:17 pm »

Any chance of getting single pony type exclusive civ files as an addon? A civ each for earth, unicorn, and pegasus?
It's cannon from pre-equestria times.

It would be interesting having a unicorn exclusive fort, or an earth pony mega farm.
Plus one problem with this mod is it's REALLY hard for me to force myself to assign ponies based on my fortress needs, instead I end assign them based on caste strengths. If I only had earth ponies it wouldn't be a problem assigning one as a clothier

I'd do it myself but wordpad croaks trying to open a 10meg text document...
Try Notepad++, it's perfect for opening text files of that size. It's what I use when I experiment with modifying the raws. Also I have some free time so I might see about making that myself. I just took a look at the raws and all I have to say is that they're too complicated for me to modify. My god Sorcerer, how the hell do you do this?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:49:30 pm by dei »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2012, 04:07:12 pm »

Magic.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2012, 04:45:12 pm »

Ha! you should see the new ones!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2012, 07:15:09 pm »

Haha, imma download this to see how much RAM it uses when loading the raws. Fortbent using a GB now...

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2012, 03:25:27 am »

Haha, imma download this to see how much RAM it uses when loading the raws. Fortbent using a GB now...
Wait, Dwarf Fortress uses more RAM if your raws are huge? No wonder some mods are unplayable for me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2012, 03:03:17 pm »

Yeah, this here MLP mod uses twice as much RAM as vanilla, so far as I can tell.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2012, 03:40:39 pm »

Yeah, this here MLP mod uses twice as much RAM as vanilla, so far as I can tell.

Hmm...

Out of curiosity.
You wouldn't happen to know how much RAM Masterwork DF uses compared to the two?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 17, 2012, 03:42:58 pm »

No, haven't bothered to check. It shouldn't be more, since it's designed to run a lot slimmer.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 17, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »

And my computer uses 360 MB of RAM just to run vanilla Dwarf Fortress. I have 768 MB of RAM and at any given time am using a minimum of 168 MB of RAM just to run the basic services I use in Windows XP. I essentially could not play something like My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! comfortably without upgrading my computer - something I don't have the money to do.

I have 768 MB of physical RAM and a page file of about 1.1 GB and whenever I use the page file I sometimes come close to breaking my computer. Half of the mods that I have tried that were something like My Little Fortress: Losing is Magic in regards to the amount of raws, including Masterwork Dwarf Fortress, have done such things in recent months.

I think I'm going to stick with the Accelerated Vanilla mod as I'm unable to even run a proper Dwarf Fortress vanilla without screwing something up with my computer.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2012, 06:03:16 pm »

Doing some tests just now, before loading any Raws (just starting DF) it uses around 70mb.
Hitting create new world and starting the raw loading, it spikes to around 360mb.
Genning a medium world with standard settings and letting it run, the utilization increases to 450mb.
Saving the generated world, it increases to 650, and that's about what it stays at for a fresh embark. (666666mb for mine, eerily)
So yeah, quite a lot heavier than vanilla, but that's what you get for having 2500 castes of pony:P
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 81