Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185866 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2012, 11:16:55 am »

yeah, TK is a limb attached to the horn now, basic unicorns have two, but the more skilled magic users may have more.
The problem with not defining it is that you get one definition warning per BP per class in the errorlog, that's a bit messy :P

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2012, 02:24:45 pm »

One other thing I wish worked better was having [GRASP] and [STANCE] on the same body part.  I tried that with the griffons and they ended up just treating said feet as feet, and were unable to pick up anything with them.

So giving ponies [GRASP] on their forelimbs will cause them to lose the ability to stand if one leg is crippled I believe, instead of the two normally needed for a pony.  Possibly acceptable.

I'm pretty sure this is what's happening. I've got a pony who got stabbed in the back right hoof, which won't heal. He currently has 'ability to stand impaired' and has to use a crutch to get around anywhere, even though that is his only injury.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2012, 02:33:31 pm »

oh! that reminds me, I forgot to update the tissue definitions when I made the new version, and the current one has non-healing hoof tissue.

If you open tissue_template_default.txt and add [HEALING_RATE:1000] to the hoof template, save it, and make sure you also copy it into the raw folder in your save game, the hoof should heal eventually.

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2012, 02:40:36 pm »

awesome! and here I thought that the unhealing hooves were intentional.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2012, 02:41:28 pm »

nah, just an oversight, sorry bout that, it's fixed in the new version!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2012, 02:59:17 pm »

Time for a bit of an update!
Progress is progressing at a progressive pace! That said, it is going slower than I anticipated. I have all the cutie marks finished, but only Pegasi have their cutie mark classes implemented.
I did however take some time to add some more creatures, and finished timberwolves, cockatrices and manticores.

Dunno how long the last bit will take me to finish, it's not a LOT of work, but it's kinda boring, and Planetside2 is luring me away :P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2012, 04:07:10 pm »

Planetside 2 is the best.

Do you play NC hero or VS butt pirate?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Mister Lister

• Escaped Lunatic
  • 3-Million-Years away from the local takeaway
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2012, 05:25:04 pm »

This is going to be fun slaughtering pitting these things with a few hundred bronze colossi.
I'm going to enjoy ripping these things to shreds with my bare hands.
Lister, last time I only failed by the narrowest of narrow margins.

You what? You walked in there, wrote "I AM A FISH" four hundred times, did a funny little dance and fainted.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2012, 06:28:05 pm »

NC ofcourse, I even have a little outfit going on with all of FOUR members, callled The Wonderbolts XD I figured with the yellow and blue and all the flying we do, it was fitting.

Lister, you are ofcourse welcome to tear my ponies to pieces if that's what gets you off, but if you enjoy inflicting suffering on ponies, try Valikdu's Rampage Edition, it has more gore :P

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »

I found Nidokoenig's mod to have plenty of hilarity when it came to ponies and violence, so I'm sure this one has plenty as well.  My personal favorite moment was when a filly Darth Vader force choked another berserking filly until she suffocated to death.

I seriously need to take a moment someday soon to check this mod out and see what all is different fron Nidokoenig's mod.  That one, even after Dsarker's update, is pretty dated, if simple enough.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2012, 12:19:48 am »

I found Nidokoenig's mod to have plenty of hilarity when it came to ponies and violence, so I'm sure this one has plenty as well.  My personal favorite moment was when a filly Darth Vader force choked another berserking filly until she suffocated to death.

I seriously need to take a moment someday soon to check this mod out and see what all is different fron Nidokoenig's mod.  That one, even after Dsarker's update, is pretty dated, if simple enough.

My personal favorite moment was a Giant Flying White Buffalo kicking a Roc to death. And slaying half a zebra army by itself. Then kicking a royal pony in midflight, causing it to break all its bones and die.

That was a fun game.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2012, 06:34:16 am »

Aw yeah, another NC bro!
Out of sheer curiosity, do you play on Eurydome or...?

This is going to be fun slaughtering pitting these things with a few hundred bronze colossi.
I'm going to enjoy ripping these things to shreds with my bare hands.

Oh then you will fit right in here then.
We all have unhealthy obsessions with killing and subjecting ponies to endless slavery here.
I'd show you my 100 z level tall pyramid in the honor or our GLORIOUS GOD LEADER CELESTIA which was filled with the ritual sacrifices of the entire fortress which built it, but I lost the fortress attempting to fend off an invasion with 3 ponies and forgot about the save file.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2012, 07:00:14 am »

(Yap, Euro-dome hooo, I'm usually on TehT these days)

I have made some headway into the earth pony classes.. about a fourth done, and I am plodding along at about one or two classes every time I open the document, which is an increase of about a bazillion percent from my old strategy (opening the document staring at it for ten minutes then closing it) So at least im making progress now.. In other news, holy crap replica you were right, this was a LOT more work than I anticipated! I thought the copy pasting of 1200 caste/cutie mark combinations would be time consuming.. but that was nothing compared to this.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2012, 04:58:31 pm »

You may already know of this, but here is what I did pretty much for most of the project.

Create a separate template file with 11 castes (CASTE, CASTE1, CASTE2, CASTE3, etc) and use the "replace with" command to replace all caste names simultaneously.
Do the same thing with full strings of cutiemarks and color descriptors.
(For male and female I followed your format of CASTEF and CASTEM female/male)
When making "special" castes with a different string of color descriptors (castes that only have green coats for example) do these in yet another separate template file or things will just get messy and all tangled up.

This way you can copy paste loads of castes quickly and easily, but beware of the temple guards the risks!
The tiniest and most insignificant of mistakes and spelling errors can result in catastrophic failures (that was the drinking part I mentioned a few posts back)!
So save often and make backups if you decide to mass copy-paste castes.

The choices are yours, and yours alone!

Mister Lister

• Escaped Lunatic
  • 3-Million-Years away from the local takeaway
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2012, 01:06:12 am »

Oh then you will fit right in here then.
We all have unhealthy obsessions with killing and subjecting ponies to endless slavery here.
Lister, you are ofcourse welcome to tear my ponies to pieces if that's what gets you off, but if you enjoy inflicting suffering on ponies, try Valikdu's Rampage Edition, it has more gore :P

This forum is the best
Lister, last time I only failed by the narrowest of narrow margins.

You what? You walked in there, wrote "I AM A FISH" four hundred times, did a funny little dance and fainted.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 81