Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meeting Gods.  (Read 2074 times)

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
Meeting Gods.
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:54:28 pm »

hey guys, this is my account of a short quest of me and my two allies who just finished a quest. I was Ned The Spearman, with my allies Ked (gibberishname) and Uvno (gibberishname) and our how a god of bees ended my short career.

I just finished fighting a hungry head a day away from the town I started in, and stabbed it to death. While walking back with my swordsman and my archer, and saw i was out of water so I walked to a nearby river to get some water and see if I could fill my water skin. luckily I still had lots of food, unluckily, it was full of crocodiles. I saw one near a strawberry bush. while my archer shoots a random tree, my and my swordsman charged at it with weapons drawn. I quickly learned that spears don't do SHIT against crocodiles. I got a lucky shot with a bash to his head knocking him unconsious and me and the swordsman slowly kicked him to death.
 After that, two jumped from the river, one ripping the swordsman's sword arm, and the other scaring the shit out of me. I took the arm and beat one to death while the other is knocked unconscious by the swordsman beating it down with a shield. A last one jumped out in front of the poor swordless swordsman, exactly as he bled to death. I threw the arm knocking the crocodile out. I charged it with spear drawn and stabbed it in the face, quickly remembering my previous statement on spears. It in return puked on me and bit me in the guts. Then I used DFHack to switch to the archer who was just watching me wrestling a croc with my guts hanging out.
 Before I could shoot an arrow he(used to be me) got a lucky bite on its head instakilling the gator, then dieing after. Remembering  what I came for, i grabbed the swordsman's armor and my supplies, I went to the river for water. I walked in because i could not figure out how to fill a water skin. I quickly realize that my new body cant swim. Instead of Alt-moving out, i accidently pressed talk, and it says talk to ROGON: DEITY.I checked what he was god of, and it said he was god of labor, who takes the form of a worker bee. All I could say was, "I didn't know there was a talk to bee god key" and talked to him. He just said hello, and then all of a sudden DF crashes. I jumped back and yelled, "CURSE YOU ROGON, GOD OF BEES!"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:06:20 pm by dirkdragonslayer »
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting Gods.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:28:07 pm »

Yeah, that's a problem with using DFhack to switch bodies; the body you swap to apparently is possessed by a deity or some shit, and you can choose to talk to that deity, which crashes the game for whatever reason.

You can fill a waterskin with 'I' to 'I'nteract, then select the waterskin while standing next to/on a valid source of liquids, like a river, or blood. You can, after drinking 2/3 of the water, dump the last third on the ground and, without doing anything else (such as moving, which smears around any liquids you're standing on) 'I'nteract with the waterskin and fill it with the water/blood/whatever you poured on the ground to get a full 3/3 waterskin.

You can also use backpacks, quivers, pouches, bags (I think) and any barrels/pots or buckets you find to hold water as well. Backpacks can hold A LOT of water.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:11:11 pm »

From experience, I can say probably the best adventure mode weapons are Bows/Crossbows, Whips, Spears, and Picks.

• Bows/Crossbows quickly incapacitate most animals/beasts through pain, though against people they are usually blocked or dodged, making them useless.
  • Spears can be very deadly, not much stopping power, but can puncture hearts and lungs easily and remove limbs from smaller creatures. Good for hit-n-run.
  • Whips are lightsabers. Aim for head. They'll pretty much get you out of any tight spot, if it can be gotten out of.
  • Picks are very versatile and deadly weapons, good against both man/gob/dwarf/bold and beast alike. I like to call steel picks "can openers," as few creatures will be armored with anything harder.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 11:55:01 pm »

Spears never really work out for me. They just don't maim as well as other weapons.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 04:26:29 am »

Yeah, that's a problem with using DFhack to switch bodies; the body you swap to apparently is possessed by a deity or some shit, and you can choose to talk to that deity, which crashes the game for whatever reason.

You can fill a waterskin with 'I' to 'I'nteract, then select the waterskin while standing next to/on a valid source of liquids, like a river, or blood. You can, after drinking 2/3 of the water, dump the last third on the ground and, without doing anything else (such as moving, which smears around any liquids you're standing on) 'I'nteract with the waterskin and fill it with the water/blood/whatever you poured on the ground to get a full 3/3 waterskin.

You can also use backpacks, quivers, pouches, bags (I think) and any barrels/pots or buckets you find to hold water as well. Backpacks can hold A LOT of water.
it's the old code of being enlighten by a paster and getting the chance to talk to their god who then say nothing. The ability to get enlighten was taken out but the ability to be enlighten wasn't which leads to talking to gods breaking the game... So it's not being possessed by a deity more so their faith to an old god wasn't program in and it broke the game. One of the first mistakes many body swappers will do is talk to gods.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 11:07:51 pm »

In adventure mode, I generally prefer throwing arrows to actually shooting them.  The delay between attacks is far too long with shooting and throwing seems to achieve a similar damage output anyway.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!