Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: .  (Read 2682 times)

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 12:55:51 am »

Could Ghosts be a form of defense? (I just had a Demon attack a Ghostly Stonecarver for quite some time. Would this work for other things?)

Could you execute dwarves in strategic places, and hope for a Ghost that drifts around the place of death, whilst memoralizing other types of ghosts?

I kinda want to try this out, and make a thread of it now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 01:53:57 am »

How about a combining-of-everything-that-has-happened-up-to-this-point thread? I say we make a bolt-based succession fort (on a big embark) where we cave in a normal-embark-sized area around a pit in a cavern, in order to execute dwarves strategically, thus enabling us to use our wooden weapons/ammo to kill the clowns that are distracted by our ghostly dwarvern martyrs.

Um. I think that counts as an insane feat?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 02:06:27 am »

Ah Bay12...
The only Forum where Bad Posters don't get Lynched but end up having their FailThread turned into something else thats "Useful"...

((Note: Not calling OP a bad poster or anything like that, I have been there myself...))
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 05:36:17 am »

What does that have to do with dots?

Trees can be weaponized by making weapons/ammunition, or by causing caveins. They can also act as a barrier.
Put a creature with deadly dust inside a ring of trees. The trees don't stop it from noticing there's stuff outside (in fortress mode), but nothing can kill it.

Invincible infinite dust machine.

bongo0310

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 07:35:44 pm »

hahaha wow I just came back to this not expecting an actual conversation! I love this forum haha

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 07:57:38 pm »

Bay 12: The only place that not only won't scream, yell, and/or make fun of a thread double poster, but they will take the thread and derail it so hard it would de-orbit the earth if physical.

Okay, maybe we haven't reached that point yet, but I love this place.

But seriously, if there is enough fuel, they will take ANY non-offensive thread husk and derail it. Look at the Bay12 space program, for instance. Started as a ,"How many people play DF?" thread.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 01:12:43 pm »

How about a combining-of-everything-that-has-happened-up-to-this-point thread? I say we make a bolt-based succession fort (on a big embark) where we cave in a normal-embark-sized area around a pit in a cavern, in order to execute dwarves strategically, thus enabling us to use our wooden weapons/ammo to kill the clowns that are distracted by our ghostly dwarvern martyrs.

No, that sounds pretty normal thing to do. ("Normal" being scaled according the relative state of normality of the Bay12 population, which is, to say the least, somewhat dubius.)

Bay 12: The only place that not only won't scream, yell, and/or make fun of a thread double poster, but they will take the thread and derail it so hard it would de-orbit the earth if physical.

But seriously, if there is enough fuel, they will take ANY non-offensive thread husk and derail it. Look at the Bay12 space program, for instance. Started as a ,"How many people play DF?" thread.
And knowing Bay12, the failthread will end up becoming much more popular than the real one.
If there is one thing we are good for, it is derailing threads

Darn I like this community.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 01:30:27 pm »

I think carp.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 03:03:11 pm »

I think carp.

One of my civs had an skeletal carp god of death once.

Ivir_Baggins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 03:53:38 pm »

That's nothing. One of mine had a skeletal badger god...

Of Life.
Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 04:02:10 pm »

I don't think the _entire_ embark, but theoretically everything above SMR and excluding a 2-tile-think ring against the edge of the site, by digging out the inner part of said ring.

This has the added effect of removing the entire fortress. Join the circus if you don't want to die. (Disclaimer: Joining the circus is a easy way to die)

... I am going to have to dedicate a fortress to channeling out the walls of the entire embark area down to the SMR layer, then smashing everything, and hope I get a more dramatic result than just everything dropping a Z-level.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 04:10:06 pm »

How about a succession fort where we somehow trap the starting 7 below -5z and then trying to survive until we could build back up?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 04:23:39 pm »

No, that sounds pretty normal thing to do. ("Normal" being scaled according the relative state of normality of the Bay12 population, which is, to say the least, somewhat dubius.)

And knowing Bay12, the failthread will end up becoming much more popular than the real one.
If there is one thing we are good for, it is derailing threads

Darn I like this community.
Theres a entire sucession fort that was built of a single fail post. Go look up "Necrothreat".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 [2]