Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin attacks and such  (Read 973 times)

bongo0310

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin attacks and such
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:29:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure the attacks on your fort are staged to happen, and happen continuously no matter what, but will the next release change that? Will you be able to actually beat and enemy back so much that they won't be able to attack for a long time, and need to regroup their army maybe? I know Toady is adding in civilizations taking over others during game play so if a civ of dwarves takes over all the goblins in the area will you not be attacked by goblins any more?  I guess what I'm trying to sat is will the attacks be less static and be based upon what is happening at the time or who you are at war with? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin attacks and such
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 06:01:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure the attacks on your fort are staged to happen, and happen continuously no matter what, but will the next release change that? Will you be able to actually beat and enemy back so much that they won't be able to attack for a long time, and need to regroup their army maybe? I know Toady is adding in civilizations taking over others during game play so if a civ of dwarves takes over all the goblins in the area will you not be attacked by goblins any more?  I guess what I'm trying to sat is will the attacks be less static and be based upon what is happening at the time or who you are at war with? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Not sure. I believe Necro sieges stop if you kill all the Necromancers (though they kept coming when I killed 3-4 of the gits, but that might have been 'cos I was in a very Necro heavy region or something). Don't know if anything influences Goblins.

I'd love to have the ability to eventually send out the military from the fort to conquer Goblin strongholds and things (can that already be done? I presume not), I'm sure it'd be an excellent future game addition.

bongo0310

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 06:25:46 pm »

Yeah that would be awesome! I don't think you can yet though.

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 07:03:29 pm »

closest thing you have to doing it is adventure mode :P

The idea of attacking other forts with the possibility of "loot" returning home with casualties, perhaps increased combat skills to survivors.
In theory it should work, as apparently if you embark on a world with one low population dwarf settlement, you get only one migrant wave (from wiki).
Although migrant waves and ambushes are different so maybe not.

I think the idea is much better than the likely reality of it though, unless massive work was put into it where you could direct your dwarves at the enemy village
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.