Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggest me some Fallout: New Vegas mods?  (Read 1271 times)

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
Suggest me some Fallout: New Vegas mods?
« on: October 06, 2012, 10:59:51 am »

I've decided that I want to play New Vegas again soon, but I was hoping some of the people here would be willing to tell me some mods that they would recommend.
Suggest me some mods that you would recommend to someone playing New Vegas once again?

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest me some Fallout: New Vegas mods?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 11:37:04 am »

hurp
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:07:13 pm by TripJack »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 11:37:50 am »

Real Time Settler and Wasteland Defense are some pretty good mods, imo.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 06:59:44 pm »

The underwater home is a great one. This is coming from someone who doesn't like home mods in the first place.

There are quite a few bug fix and CTD fix mods. Try them, and watch as you actually play the game for more than five minutes.

For making the wasteland look better? Vurt's flora overhaul. Again, I never liked purely visual mods, but this mod takes the cake from the competition. More green, less gray. Because face it, life isn't THAT Gray. (Okay, so NV isn't that gray, but still... it's a wasteland, but a little bit too dead.)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 10:20:54 pm »

The only absolute must have in my opinion, is CASM and NVSE to run it. Both of which will help keep the usual gamebryo eventual save corruption from happening.

Other than that, I'd get Vurts Flora to make it look better, Project Reality for lighting, the interior lighting overhaul and a high res texture pack of your choosing. There's a few out there. On a more personal preference level I'd say Increased wasteland spawns plus the classic fallout weapons pack is fun, also so is Weapon mods expanded and all of Millenias little weapon mods.

In my own opinion, I'd avoid Sawers mod. It conflicts with tons of other mods and really for the most part doesn't add anything new, interesting or fun. Again mostly my opinion.

Really though, New Vegas doesn't need much. Unlike a lot of other games on this engine for the most part you just have to ask yourself what would you like improved and go find it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.