Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14522 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open
« Reply #240 on: November 03, 2012, 11:10:22 pm »

"Nope, haven't found anything looking remotely like a driver's seat yet, I thought one of you guys found it already."

Offer hand for migrant in front of me to shake.

"I'm Kyle, nice to meet you."
Next time just Modify your original post.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 03, 2012, 11:18:20 pm »

((hehe got you,  was kinda hoping it would result in some kind of piloting instead of a handshake but you cant win em all :P))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 03, 2012, 11:20:36 pm »

Next time just Modify your original post.
Bah hit the wrong button :/
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2012, 05:51:35 am »

((I meant my pocket computer thingy, not the MRU unit. Also, not naming the droid, bad at names.))

Whom are we missing? Anyway, I think I might be able to trace their radio signals. It worked to get us here so...

Do so

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2012, 11:10:35 am »

((I meant my pocket computer thingy, not the MRU unit. Also, not naming the droid, bad at names.))

Whom are we missing? Anyway, I think I might be able to trace their radio signals. It worked to get us here so...

Do so
I assumed you meant the terminal inside the carrier since you said THE computer and not MY computer.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 05, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »

Do so
I assumed you meant the terminal inside the carrier since you said THE computer and not MY computer.
My bad. Will try to be more precise.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #246 on: November 06, 2012, 08:44:28 pm »

Sit down in a chair and try to stop laughing, briefly consider drop kicking the dwarf into the jungle then take a nap.
You'd wipe your tears if you could, but instead you plop down into the chair, knocking its present occupant to the ground in the process. You gaze at him with mild interest while still chuckling, and watch as he scrambles to face his assailant. You pass out on the spot. [You are Asleep]

"Shit. You see anything, Aver?"
"Hey. I got nothing. Fire off one or two more, would you?"

Look for the flares, and if nothing happens go to the riverbed. Start walking up in one direction.
You watch the sky for the gunfire. If only anyone had actually brought some flares…. [3] You think you see something flash in the distance, but you're unsure of yourself. It doesn't seem that the others are willing to waste anymore ammunition on this endeavour, and you resolve to decide on a course of action now. You can either head towards the gunfire, backtrack to your own landing site and follow the riverbed either north or south, or just pick a direction and walk into the jungle. You drop from your perch atop the cryo-pod and tell Aver of the situation. His displeasure shows plainly on his face, and he grits his teeth in frustration. What I would give for my damned tank right now.

fire off two more bursts from my pistol then walk to the back of the carrier and look for the cargobay entrance.

hey has anyone found the drivers seat yet?
You fire twice more into the air and grimace, hoping that he'll be able to spot the thin beams of light against the bright afternoon sky. You click your radio receiver on and ask about how we're going to get this thing rolling while circling to the rear of the vehicle. The entire back of the carrier appears to be a large ramp, and its presently closed. You can see no way to lower it from the outside. The controls for the ramp must be inside the cargo compartment itself.

"Nope, haven't found anything looking remotely like a driver's seat yet, I thought one of you guys found it already."

Offer hand for migrant in front of me to shake.

"I'm Kyle, nice to meet you."
You rise to greet the man, but you're interrupted when he dives into the terminal chair and tackles the man already seated on it to the ground. You step in front of him and try to start a conversation, but he doesn't respond. The man whom he just struck jumps to his feet, produces a small computer and begins furiously tapping in commands.

Do so
You reach for your pocket comp before being struck by something and thrown to the ground. [5] You roll out of it and finish pulling your computer from its sleeve in one smooth motion and typing through several screens. You reuse the old algorithm and get a bead on the remaining migrant's location. Easy-peasy!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 06, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »

Wake up and look at the guy with the computer, use my path finding skills to assist him with locating our missing team mate.
"Found something then? Ain't one of us still missing, we should probably find him before what almost happened to you happens to him."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:01:30 pm by mesor »

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 06, 2012, 09:06:55 pm »

"Or maybe we should get the door open and get the other migrants together first."

Wait for further information.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 06, 2012, 09:37:01 pm »

"Wait, did I just hear tracing by radio signals? Tell me where we are. "
"And yes, having a tank would be fecking awesome right about now."

Wait for the info and then head in the appropriate direction. If the guy is unsure, head in the direction I thought I saw the flare.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2012, 10:06:28 pm »

go back inside and investigate the internal cargobay door again, try pushing this time.

lets get moving before that naked guy beats whats his face senseless and takes his suit.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:55:26 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:57 am »

My suit is far too small for Aver here. How do you know if he's nude anyway? Are you psychic?
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 07, 2012, 08:45:12 am »

you said it yourself that pod is like 100 years old... antiquated cryo pods required direct epidermal contact, its only advances in the last few generations of  the technology that have allowed us to wear underpants.

((coulda sworn you mentioned it...but with this post i avert any accidental metagaming crisis and we can have updates :D))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:51:18 am by Unholy_Pariah »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2012, 08:53:39 am »

While I have indeed have a tracking system running, it's only good for relative positioning. In short, I don't now where you are, but I know where you are in relation to us. As such, it might be better to stay where you are and wait for us to pick you up.

Get to drivers seat, and pick up our missing crewmember

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2012, 05:11:12 pm »

"Where are we in relation to you, then? We'll head that way."
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18