Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14561 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »

i think they want pods first.

and i have a idea for a robot now!

its a tunnel-borer/ track layer. no the question is, monorail, magnev or normal?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2012, 07:15:31 pm »

(( We're on a jungle planet that wants to kill us so how do you plan to defend an entire monorail line?
Think smaller mate something good in the short term for getting a camp and some income up and going and defended you can always build another robot later once we have the money. ))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2012, 07:36:41 pm »

((underground. it can be used for mining to))
Highly Opinionated Fool

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2012, 07:43:11 pm »

(( Roots grow underground and that would be extremely costly to build so we still need a good business going to afford it first anyway, long term its a good idea but short term we need a camp, we need it secure and we need to begin growing plants for sale and exploring to find anything of value. ))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2012, 07:57:33 pm »

((fine. ill bring parts for a multi purpose one that can be modded into that.))
Highly Opinionated Fool

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2012, 08:03:09 pm »

OOC THREAD
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2012, 06:39:17 pm »

Walk around the area I landed in, scan the terrain and any wildlife and look for any signs of animal life or anything that could be of use for our survival, move into the trees but and walk a circle around the landing zone but never go so deep in that I lose sight of the landing area take careful note of all visible terrain for future reference.
You grab a copy of the navigational data your new friend just finished preparing and take a path looping around the landing site several times. You don't find too terribly much aside from more vines, all indistinguishable from one another against the featureless landscape and seemingly endless trees. Your heavy boots leave an obvious trail in the direction you've come from as you crush the undergrowth beneath them. If you really want to find something, you're going to have to take a chance and go deeper into the jungle.

"I got nothing, muscles. However, there's some ... not friends, but fellow entrepreneurs in the migrant buisness. You come with me, I can probably get you a place in the colony, a share of the credits we get - all that jazz.

So waddaya say? You look like you could survive out in the jungle, but we could make it a lot easier for ya."

"Before you ask, I can get you some more stogies if you come with."
His eyes narrow and he shakes his head before taking the cigar from his mouth. That sounds nice and all but I'd really like to get back to my unit on Lautria. I shipped out a month late due to financial issues; we mercenaries don't exactly get paid by the hour.

You stare at him for a moment, confused. Mercenary work has been outlawed for almost 100 years, and this galaxy has only recently begun its colonisation efforts, ergo this expedition. How did he end up here? The man glowers a bit and stares at the muzzle of your weapon as you think about what to do next. He seems to have calmed down a bit, but no one likes having a gun pointed at them. He crosses his arms and waits patently.

holy jungle tank batman.. Cool.
jump on the jungle tank and make sure all the crates are still there, if not... find them.
You circle the vehicle once and look for an entrance. There is a cargo ramp in the rear, and one hatch set into the right bulkhead. You approach the latter and key the door control, popping the lock and allowing you to pull it open. You step inside and find yourself in a spacious compartment with several sleeping racks inlaid upon the far wall near a terminal, and two more sliding doors on either side leading to the rest of the vehicle.

Check self for injuries. Then ride the tank through the jungle to try and find the others.[/color]
You rise to your feet slowly and feel something crunch in your right leg. You start to panic for a moment before realising that you can stand perfectly fine on your own. You take another step forward and feel the crunch again. You look down at your leg and check your thigh pocket, the one that you keep your logbook in, and find it in pieces. There's no way even you could put it back together in its current condition.

Move on, follow the computer. Try to see if the pods parts are salvageable, though I really doubt it.
You walk over to the pod on the ground to see if there is anything immediately apparent that you could tear off. [2] You always thought that it looked pretty useless anyway.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:55:49 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2012, 06:41:14 pm »

yays. update. so when do the next group show up?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

"What was the year you shipped out, exactly? Because I think that you're running a little late with your mission. About 100 years, to be exact."

The government only just started colonization in this galaxy. Like just now. Me and my fellow migrants are the only people on the planet apart from you, as far as I know.
Qinzy lowers the gun. "Sorry for pointing that at you, but I figure if you were really some horrible abomination you'd have done something by now. Think of it this way, though: If you go back to your mercenary duties, you'll probably be put in jail or executed by the government. If you stay here and help us, you get a spot in the list of founders for this colony and all that comes with it: Money, cigars, women, whatever. Of course, this is assuming we don't die horribly, but there's no way off this planet anyhow. How about this? You come with me and we meet up with the rest of our gang. We get a colony running, and when ships start coming in, if you want, you can go. Otherwise you'll have to survive out here with that flamebox and cigar. Your choice."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2012, 07:33:09 pm »

explore APC then start building a scouting drone from my components.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2012, 11:17:19 pm »

You rise to your feet slowly and feel something crunch in your right leg. You start to panic for a moment before realising that you can stand perfectly fine on your own. You take another step forward and feel the crunch again. You look down at your leg and check your thigh pocket, the one that you keep your logbook in, and find it in pieces. There's no way even you could put it pack together in its current condition.
(( uh oh. ))

"Smashed me logbook. Meh, its scanner wasn't working properly here anyways."

Enter the APC. Ensure that logbook/scanner pieces are still in my pocket. Attempt to salvage scanner optics (if I can find any pieces of the smashed scanner) while comfortably seated in APC. If scanner optics cannot be salvaged, identify pieces which can be salvaged.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2012, 11:39:33 pm »

Use the data I took to head towards the rest of the team.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2012, 03:56:20 am »

((First salvage then moving. (silly clarifying)))

If parts aren't salvaged, salvage. Then go to the rest of the team.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2012, 07:54:37 am »

((First salvage then moving. (silly clarifying)))

If parts aren't salvaged, salvage. Then go to the rest of the team.
I'm not going to take your turn away for something as silly as that, though I did ask for a clarification beforehand. :P Your last turn will become your salvage roll, and you'll grab whatever you can before moving on this turn.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18