Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14616 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2012, 09:02:04 pm »

jump on the rover and start looking for the sensor systems, if found attempt to locate the others then walk outside and wait for my crate to reach me before storing it on the rover.

((congratulations on getting free by the way.))
((The rover literally looks like a rover.))

The rover doesn't seem to have any sensor systems. Thats unfortunate.

Hey, good job mate. Now, can you please get the rest of my stuff. And maybe help the other guy down too, if possible.
Speaking into the radio, he continued:"I got out the tree. Where's the rest of you guys, we'd better meet up soon. Watch out for the vines, they just crushed my pod."

Send the droid back up to get my stuff. And the other guy, should he be unable to get down on his own. Then help pushing the pod over
What do you picture him looking like (smooth humanoid body shell or a blocky industrial one)? Do you want to keep the personality I've already given him? He can be more human if you like, with two legs and logical processes and his own free will and such and he'll become essentially another player (he'll still obey you, theres no chance of rebellion) or he can remain mindless. Also, what colour should his dialogue be?

Directive confirmed! He leaps easily back up onto the branch you were only recently perched upon and it bends dangerously beneath his weight. The droid ducks out of view for a moment and then launches back into it, landing gracefully at your feet and unceremoniously dumping Leon and the pack into the dirt before beaming at you proudly.

Climb down and go back to my pod

"Mind having robot man give me a hand with my pod? It's the wrong way up and I wanna get my equipment out before something else tries to kill one of us."
Before you've even hit the dirt the bot has already kicked your pod over and grabbed your gear. He tosses it roughly into your chest and the force of the impact sends you sliding across the ground. You lie there in the dust for a moment, stunned.

jump on the rover and start looking for the sensor systems, if found attempt to locate the others then walk outside and wait for my crate to reach me before storing it on the rover.
While Zalud plays with his new tech toys, Kyle loads the Structure Modules onto the rover.

"Right, let's see if we can find the others. And then we should try and find somewhere to set up our base camp."
You clamber onto the deck of the Rover and find that the Modules have already been loaded on and are locked in place by cargo clamps, except for one, which is set aside from the others and has an odd black stripe running along the centre of it. It has a large glowing panel set into the top of it, unlike the others which merely have a small twisting toggle in its place. Thats rather odd.

Pry the door off the cryopod/activate the lever that opens the door, then back away ~15 meters and take out laser pistol and knife.
You pull the lever and step away from the door, prepared for the worst. The grind of ancient locking mechanisms sliding out of place echoes through your helm speakers and you tighten your grip on your weapon. The noise halts and the door falls away just as abruptly, landing on the ground with a resounding clunk. A misty vapour wafts from the interior of the pod, revealing a large naked man with solid features and a hawkish stare. He steps from the confines of the pod and silently draws to his full height, his entire body covered with massive bulging muscles. You suddenly notice that he's staring at you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2012, 09:07:45 pm »

((I've seen Prometheus. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UP TO.))
Back away even further, keeping the pistol pointed steadily at him and knife readied. "Hey. You speak Basic?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 12:51:37 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2012, 09:11:39 pm »

(( So the rover is essentially a powered DF minecart? Cool :D ))

"Time to ride and roll guys!"

Hitch a ride on the back of the rover. Inspect the module with the black stripe running along its centre, paying special attention to the glowing panel.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2012, 09:25:27 pm »

Hook the combat knife to my belt then string my bow and put it over my shoulder then places the quiver of arrows on the left side of my hip. Look to my friend.
"Sorry it took so long to get you out of that pod, My name is Leon by the way. Could your bot go up the tallest tree nearby and get us a description of the terrain around us?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:44 pm »

go find my crate and stash it on the rover then observe crazysheep and his glowing crate of doom hope.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2012, 10:34:40 am »

I'm pretty sure it can. Sadly, it appears the local wildlife isn't that forgiving, and I doubt it'll be able to see anything. I have some other ways to find the others though.

Grab minicomputer, try to get it to lock on one of the others radiosignals. I don't expect to get a pinpoint localisation, but it should be able to find the general direction and distance.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2012, 10:58:21 am »

"I was thinking more about finding some clearings, cliffs or high ground for a base without us having to wander around in a forest that wants to kill us."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2012, 11:03:00 am »

I'd like to find the others first, I mean, I believe they found a rover somewhere.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2012, 09:18:33 pm »

((I've seen Prometheus. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UP TO.))
Back away even further, keeping the pistol pointed steadily at him and knife readied. "Hey. You speak Basic?"
He grimaces and a brief look of annoyance flashes across his features. Of course I fucking speak English, moron. He doesn't seem to be terribly pleased at having woken up from a hundred year sleep just to have some kid point a gun at him, but he also looks like he couldn't give half a shit. The man turns from you and reaches for something inside the pod. He comes back out with what you identify as a hand-rolled cigar and a small hunk of metal that you don't recognise. He places the cigar in the corner of his mouth and strikes the piece of metal with his thumb, which emits crude flames upon doing so. He holds it up for a moment and then flicks the device closed, holding the cigar in his opposite hand while breathing smoke from his nose. So now what Twinkle-Toes? You gonna shoot me?

"Time to ride and roll guys!"

Hitch a ride on the back of the rover. Inspect the module with the black stripe running along its centre, paying special attention to the glowing panel.
You climb onto the deck of the rover and cautiously approach the small crate to take a peek at the panel. The screen emits a low blue glow that illuminates the darkened cargo unit, and oddly enough there aren't any prompts or icons displayed on it. You tentatively reach your hand towards the screen, and before you have a chance to touch it the whole thing suddenly bursts to life and begins frantically listing information. Amongst the numerous lines of text one stands out in particular --- Please stand back.

Hook the combat knife to my belt then string my bow and put it over my shoulder then places the quiver of arrows on the left side of my hip. Look to my friend.
"Sorry it took so long to get you out of that pod, My name is Leon by the way. Could your bot go up the tallest tree nearby and get us a description of the terrain around us?"
You finish inspecting your weapons and, satisfied that they are in working condition, place them in the appropriate places.

go find my crate and stash it on the rover then observe crazysheep and his glowing crate of doom hope.
You deactivate the anti-grav unit and grab your crate, which has been at your side this entire time, and heft it onto the deck of the rover to begin securing it. Thats when you notice the crate seems to be shining much brighter than it was before. Thats weird.

I'm pretty sure it can. Sadly, it appears the local wildlife isn't that forgiving, and I doubt it'll be able to see anything. I have some other ways to find the others though.

Grab minicomputer, try to get it to lock on one of the others radiosignals. I don't expect to get a pinpoint localisation, but it should be able to find the general direction and distance.

You retrieve the comp' from your pack and try to get a bead on your friends' locations by using the delays from the time of transmission to the actual moment you receive the message to judge the distance, then reference landmarks from the topographical scan you accessed on your HUD to attempt to complete the triangulation. [2] You're a bit rusty with the equations, and the results inform you that they're located in the core of the planet, which probably isn't even possible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2012, 09:24:15 pm »

Qinzy keeps the gun pointed at the probable convict. "Nah, just need to be sure. When were you put in that hunk of junk? Who are you?"
Sig! Onol

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2012, 09:25:12 pm »

Get away from the module ASAP.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2012, 09:38:14 pm »

Qinzy keeps the gun pointed at the probable convict.
You play too much Starcraft.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2012, 09:40:46 pm »

Search the immediate surroundings but stay within sight of my team mate and roboman.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2012, 09:40:57 pm »

Qinzy keeps the gun pointed at the probable convict.
You play too much Starcraft.
I REMEMBER too much. I haven't played Starcraft II that much.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2012, 09:52:53 pm »

I haven't played Starcraft II that much.
Me neither.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18