Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14619 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »

((he wants to try to open the cryo pod he found.))

((was going to make argument about your character having nothing to do but listen but decided against it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:55:07 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2012, 02:41:49 pm »

((he wants to try to open the cryo pod he found.))
((Italics= In Character speak. My character was a bit to occupied with hanging in a tree and such to follow what the others had to say.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2012, 02:48:57 pm »

(( Hey I'm trying lol it's not my fault you landed in a bloody tree lol. ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2012, 05:34:07 pm »

((Action? Well..))
Try to guess what the code could be while keeping an eye out on the surrounding forest for anything suspicious.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - Three Slots Open
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2012, 08:16:02 pm »

((Whoops, was at work yesterday.))

You trudge haphazardly through the brush, crushing just about everything in your path. The splotch grows and soon turns into a shape. After a short time, you find the distant shape to actually be a rather large metal containment unit. It has the designation STANDARD SUPPLY-U1: DSTN. M-5 stencilled across the side, and a small control panel near one end. The end with the control panel appears to be a door, much like the one on your pod. You assume that the rover must be inside, along with the other supplies that were mentioned before they shoved you into stasis for thirteen years.

"Hey guys, I've found the rest of our supplies. That should include the rover.. we could use that to get around or something."

Try to open the door to this pod.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - Three Slots Open
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2012, 01:09:38 pm »

Call the others on the radio again.

"Can you guys please get over here already? Or should I just consider you to be a waste of supplies with no intention of doing anything to help the the group?"

Force the vines far enough aside for the door to open.

"Is this the happiest you've ever been to see me or what :P"
The end of your transmission is still resounding in your eardrums when you take your remaining hand from the mike key and place it upon the tangle of vines with eager determination. [2] You strain against the blasted vines for a few minutes before having to stop for a moment and brace yourself against the trunk of the tree to catch your breath. Its almost as if the vines are deliberately keeping you from removing them. You're about to dismiss the notion when you hear an audible metallic groaning followed by a loud thunk. You look up at the pod above you, and can see the vines tightening against its now crumpled surface. The hull seems like it is going to give soon, and you don't even want to imagine what would happen to the occupant if that were to happen.

listen extremely carefully then switch the safety off and move towards the sound slowly and carefully. if human assist in its endeavors if not scream insults at it over the radio and open fire.

i would love to come and help but but unfortunately i have no idea where i am let alone where you are... throw a flare or something.
You draw your hand laser with conviction and flick the safety off, then creep as slowly as you can through the brush in the direction of the noise. You're so focused upon searching for the source of the sound that you don't notice the ground sloping away before you, and by the time you actually do you're already tumbling down the hill. Your rolling finally comes to a stop when you crash into something large and unyielding. You scramble to your feet and spin to face the intruder. Its a metal crate with words stencilled on the side, and theres a man standing next to it. Unsure of what to do next, and still a bit dazed from your fall, you decide to point your gun at him.

I'm not sure about the codes, but I believe there was a standard code back in the days. Why do you want to know?

Get out of pod once rescued, try to get stuff. The robot should be able to carry it. Try to remember the code, if there was any.
You can hear sounds of struggling outside, and you assume the kid is trying to pull the vines away. This could take a while.. You stand quietly in the dim light of the pod and ponder the communique you received earlier. A code eh? Huh.. [1] You wrack your brain, and you suddenly recall that you slept through all of your Machine History classes. Oops. You're about to tell the others of this development when you hear the screech of strained metal and the pod suddenly gets a whole lot smaller.

((Action? Well..))
Try to guess what the code could be while keeping an eye out on the surrounding forest for anything suspicious.
I'll interpret that as you rolling to try a combination, and just to make things simpler, I'll give you a one in three chance of guessing it correctly.

You stand in front of the pod, slightly apprehensive of the outcome of a wild guess, but mostly impatient to see whats inside. Fuck it. [1d3=3 Success] You punch the buttons in a random order and wait. A green glow pours from the viewports of the cryo-pod as it vents gas and fluid into the air and onto the ground. This goes on for a few minutes before stopping abruptly. You can hear a low stirring from inside the pod.

((Whoops, was at work yesterday.))

"Hey guys, I've found the rest of our supplies. That should include the rover.. we could use that to get around or something."

Try to open the door to this pod.
You reach for the control panel when you hear something sliding through the undergrowth. You listen intently for a moment before it suddenly flies into view and slams itself against the side of the crate. Its a man wearing an Atmosphere Suit, and you watch with a mixture of relief and confusion as he gets to his feet unsteadily, before staggering towards you and waving a small pistol threateningly.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2012, 01:22:08 pm »

Hey, what's going on out there. Anyway, there should be a droid in the cargo box. See if you can get it out, it should have a hullcutter installed.

Don't Panic. Try to get the little droid online and cutting those vines. If worst come to worst. Punch out the glass. (Mechanical fist.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2012, 02:01:08 pm »

Hey, what's going on out there. Anyway, there should be a droid in the cargo box. See if you can get it out, it should have a hullcutter installed.

Don't Panic. Try to get the little droid online and cutting those vines. If worst come to worst. Punch out the glass. (Mechanical fist.)
The viewport is a mere slit, so you'll be mostly punching pod hull, and that will come with the appropriate consequences should you fail. Just letting you know that you're not merely knocking in a window.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2012, 03:01:32 pm »

The viewport is a mere slit, so you'll be mostly punching pod hull, and that will come with the appropriate consequences should you fail. Just letting you know that you're not merely knocking in a window.
Worst case scenario. Which means, almost being crushed to dead.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »

Try to access the cargo compartment, If I can get the bot out ask Robert how to activate it and then activate it and have it cut the pod free and open.
If im unable to get the bot free attempt to find something sharp if this also fails then continue trying to tear the vines off and open the door.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:24:47 pm by mesor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2012, 04:38:03 pm »

Back away to about 15 meters from the cryopod. Get laser gun out , just in case.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2012, 06:07:03 pm »

Back away to about 15 meters from the cryopod. Get laser gun out , just in case.
Whatever is inside can't get out until you open the pod.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2012, 06:14:27 pm »

Whatever is inside can't get out until you open the pod.
((Is there a lever or something to get the door off or will I have to get it off manually?))
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »

You saw nothing.

put the pistol away and assist crazysheep in opening and unloading the storage crate
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:17:35 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2012, 06:32:10 pm »

(( Storage crate? I'm still trying to get our team mate out of the tree on my own. And the tree is now trying to kill him. ))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18