Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14612 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - Three Slots Open
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 01:21:09 pm »

"Can I have a hand getting my pod over so I can get my gear out? There is also a pod stuck up a tree nearby to me. I have a little rope with my equipment if we could get the pods door open I could pull him across to the tree to climb down.

Wait for some help then try to roll my pod over again, If nobody comes try again on my own
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:03:38 pm by mesor »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 01:30:01 pm »

I'm afraid that might be my pod. Any estimate on how high it's hanging. I'm afraid the antigrav's offline, and the door is nonfunctionall.

Try not to fall on the person that posted above me, but is probably below me.
Look around. Now that I'm in a tree, might as well get some scenic views.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2012, 01:53:25 pm »

"High enough that even if the pod does not brake apart when it hits the ground it would still brake bones"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2012, 06:51:36 pm »

jump into my hover crate and make it float slowly to the top of the treeline then look for signs of the others, if the hovercrate wont float then climb a tree instead.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:29:36 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2012, 07:46:54 pm »

"I'm sure a lot of the plants here are good at self defense. Probably better than we are."

Get away from the plants, double time. Attempt to find the others by trying to locate other people and the other pods.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2012, 07:52:10 pm »

(( Once we have some income I'd suggest we buy the parts and our drone expert build us a combat drone with a flamethrower to stand guard over our field. Then build more as we expand. ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2012, 08:53:22 pm »

Cautiously creep up on the pod. Peek inside and see if anyone's there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 09:30:00 pm »

((Once I can salvage anything I'll see to it that we can have a jury-rigged flamethrower :P ))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2012, 09:32:43 pm »

(( Well first things first we need my equipment and to get our friend out of the tree. ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2012, 10:16:34 pm »

"Can I have a hand getting my pod over so I can get my gear out? There is also a pod stuck up a tree nearby to me. I have a little rope with my equipment if we could get the pods door open I could pull him across to the tree to climb down.

Wait for some help then try to roll my pod over again, If nobody comes try again on my own
You wait for a few minutes. Nothing happens, so you try once more to roll it over. [4] You manage to budge it a bit, but the hatch is still pinned between the pod and the ground. Perhaps that fellow in the tree can help you?

I'm afraid that might be my pod. Any estimate on how high it's hanging. I'm afraid the antigrav's offline, and the door is nonfunctionall.

Try not to fall on the person that posted above me, but is probably below me.
Look around. Now that I'm in a tree, might as well get some scenic views.

The voices over the radio politely ignore your enquiries. It seems you're stranded. You try to enjoy what you imagine would be a spectacular view, but unfortunately those blasted vines are obscuring the panorama. This is starting to become tiresome.

jump into my hover crate and make it float slowly to the top of the treeline then look for signs of the others, if the hovercrate wont float then climb a tree instead.
You sit on top of your crate and wait for it to send you both soaring into the sky. Instead it whines for a moment before skittering across the ground unsteadily and dumping you into the dirt. The crate rights itself and then floats to your side apologetically as you rub your now sore backside. You get to your feet and find the tallest tree you can without straying too far from the pod. It has almost no branches near ground level, so you decide to use one of the thick swooping vines that hang from the top of the tree. [2] You make it a few feet climbing hand over hand before losing your hold and landing roughly back on the ground. If you had fallen from any higher you might have hurt yourself. You get back to your feet and dust yourself off while shooting a smouldering glare at the crate. The smug bastard.

"I'm sure a lot of the plants here are good at self defense. Probably better than we are."

Get away from the plants, double time. Attempt to find the others by trying to locate other people and the other pods.
You back away quickly from the blossom before it can melt your face or something, and turn to see what lies around you. Most of your surroundings are made up of layer upon layer of dense brush, but beneath the sea of green you think you spy a splotch of gunmetal grey. One of your fellows perhaps?

Cautiously creep up on the pod. Peek inside and see if anyone's there.
You immediately drop into a low crouch, keenly aware of some sort of presence inside the undisturbed pod. You creep slowly through the shrubbery for what feels like an eternity before finding yourself before it. Up close, you notice that the pod looks much more dated than the one you arrived in. The smooth, angular frame that you know has been replaced by a savagely blocky and inefficient hulk, and you wonder absently how anyone could stand to travel in such a way. You suddenly snap back to reality when you notice that the stasis pod is actually a cryogenic unit. If you remember your history correctly, those haven't been used for at least a century. Whatever lies dormant inside, you haven't the slightest idea what it could be, mostly because the viewports are frosted over. The external control panel is still active and awaits input. What should you do?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »

"Hey fellas, I think I found a cryo unit! Think I should open it?"
Sig! Onol

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2012, 10:40:05 pm »

Walk towards the grey splotch. Upon reaching it, use logbook scanner to identify it.

"That's a bad idea.. try checking what the control panel options are?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2012, 10:43:50 pm »

"All right, seems reasonable."
Thouroughly examine the cryo-unit - check for any sign of who or what could be in there, check the control panel options, try to wipe the viewpoints free of fog to see what's in there.
Sig! Onol

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 10:44:00 pm »

Sigh then go to the tree the pod is stuck in and after a moment to focus climb up it and force the pod door open.

Would you lot forget about bloody exploring and help me? We need to get everybody out safely and kitted up before we worry about what we are going to do.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2012, 03:29:39 am »

find a long stick then jump into my crate after clearing a seating area, once im in the crate float uphill and hang the stick over the side to scratch a trail in the dirt.

if i don't see anything within 100 feet of travel follow the trail back and cry softly at my pod.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:43:15 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18