Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14554 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate: The Second Team - Currently Recruiting
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 08:38:07 pm »

Read the recent team 1 thread posts, 3/4 pages back I think, when we were fighting the 'space bears',and see if my hand laser seems similar, that should give you a good idea.
Ignore this man. He was shooting at an armoured super-bug that lives in lava. Naturally heat doesn't do much to its shell.

Qinzy's pistol is slightly less powerful than a normal hand laser (which is still fairly deadly), but its burst function more than makes up for that. The beams have less power, and so are thinner, which means they are less likely to hit your allies. The low power also means that even if a few shots from the burst miss their intended target, there will be very little collateral damage. If you roll a [1] while using it and you shoot one of your friends, it will hardly scratch him. A full burst at an enemy will still tear him up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:41:18 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 08:38:53 pm »

score :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 08:40:28 pm »

Okay, Doomblade.
Anorexic? Ouch :P
As a result of your obsessive tinkering. Its a good perk, and it gives your character more flavour in the process. You're really fast, and you consume only one unit of rations every other day. Heavy physical exertion might make you a bit light-headed however..

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 08:43:31 pm »

Okay, Doomblade.
As a result of your obsessive tinkering. Its a good perk, and it gives your character more flavour in the process. You're really fast, and you consume only one unit of rations every other day. Heavy physical exertion might make you a bit light-headed however..
Sounds good. Oh, and what does the Dirty fighting perk grant me?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:45:55 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 08:55:03 pm »

Okay, Doomblade.
Sounds good. Oh, and what does the Dirty fighting perk grant me?
When you engage in hand-to-hand combat, whether it is initiated by yourself or an enemy, you have a 1/4 chance of performing a special move. The roll for your special will always be hidden. If the move is successful, it will cancel your previous roll. For Example: Punch Doomblade. [1 - Special Cancel] You duck his blows and throw an elbow at his exposed jaw and literally knock his teeth out. Somehow he shakes it off and remains standing. Punch Doomblade again. [4 - Special Cancel] You do a backflip and kick him in the chest. He soars backward and crashes through three walls and a table. Now he's dead. Nice.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 08:57:20 pm »

Amazing. I'm pretty sure the forage food perk lets me forage for food better - who knew - but juuust to be sure...what does it do?
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 08:57:44 pm »

O.O to hell with energy pistols you scored big time

also with my crate of robotic components, how many robots can i make? i assume 1 medium sized droid or a few small ones?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:06:18 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 09:06:35 pm »

Amazing. I'm pretty sure the forage food perk lets me forage for food better - who knew - but juuust to be sure...what does it do?
It lets you forage for food better. Also, Dirty Fighting may not be very effective against things that are larger than you, and it also might result in you doing things that some may not consider to be appropriate or smart. Basically there's also a chance it could backfire, but most of the time it will work in your favour. ^-^ It might activate outside of hand-to-hand combat as well, circumstance permitting. I like making things interesting and unpredictable.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 09:08:03 pm »

It lets you forage for food better. Also, Dirty Fighting may not be very effective against things that are larger than you, and it also might result in you doing things that some may not consider to be appropriate or smart. Basically there's also a chance it could backfire, but most of the time it will work in your favour. ^-^ It might activate outside of hand-to-hand combat as well, circumstance permitting. I like making things interesting and unpredictable.
Well then...
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 01:30:51 am »

The third planet is finished. Votes are now being accepted. Choose your destination Migrants.
You will have until tomorrow evening to decide. You are encouraged to reason with your fellow Migrants about what you feel to be the most reasonable choice.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 01:35:58 am »

((Unable to decide whether M-5 or O-19, though I'm leaning toward M-5.))
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 01:43:47 am »

O-19 has been updated with more details regarding atmospheric conditions.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 01:46:13 am »

I'm thinking either M-5 or L-12, leaning towards L-12. O-19 is potentially treacherous, especially with all the frozen mercury.

And that was a particularly nice rewrite of Kyle's bio :)
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2012, 01:53:54 am »

i vote for M-5
L-12 if M-5 is losing

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2012, 01:56:59 am »

Yeah, I think M-5 with the atmosphere. I vote M-5.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18