Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14562 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

This game is a part of the universe that was created in its father thread. Interaction between the two is entirely feasible.
Players may not own living characters on both threads simultaneously. You have been warned.

Out of Character Thread
Stasis pods line the Migrant Compartment. Small status lights wink a deep bluish hue that spills out across the dull steel bulkhead, deepening the gloom that envelops deck. The machinery purrs quietly through its cracked shell, spouting tubing and pipework that hisses and rattles deep into the cavernous bulkhead of the freighter Mythology, which has been underway now for nearly a decade.

As the freighter approaches the end of its hushed journey, green text plays across the inside of your eyelids as the pod's subroutines engage, lulling your consciousness out of its slumber and prompting your input.

Migrant, who are you? I reserve the right to edit your character sheet. Mostly just for grammar and clarifications to your chosen traits. I may also remove, alter, or even add items to your inventory!

Who Has Embarked on This Voyage? Please check your migrant's final inventory here.
Spoiler: Migrant Charters (click to show/hide)

A Bit of Friendly Advice to All Migrants!
YOU MAY BE SUBJECTED TO ADVERSE GRAVITATIONAL OR ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS
KEEP IN MIND THE PLANET THAT HAS BEEN CHOSEN WHILE CONSIDERING YOUR INVENTORY

Have a pleasant journey migrant.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:58:31 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Gameplay:
All actions are to be bolded and all in-character dialogue is to be italicised and may be coloured. Out-of-character dialogue is to be contained within ((a double set of parentheses)). Multiple actions may be undertaken at once, and will be performed in the order and manner specified, and each take the according amount of time to accomplish.

The dice rules are thus:
[Lower Than 1] - Blew Up In the Hanger: You are guaranteed to lose limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The severity of the loss goes in accordance with however many points below 1 you have fallen. God forbid you ever get a zero.
[1] - Utter Loss: It didn't work, and you've likely made the situation worse in the process.
[2] - Failure: Whatever you were trying to do, it didn't pan out.
[3] - Ineffective: Your action was successful, but it hardly made a difference.
[4] - Success: It worked, and with the intended results.
[5] - Pure Victory: The action went just as you planned it, and you even managed to get something else in too.
[6] - Pyrrhic: The action went as planned, but with unexpected side effects.
[Higher Than 6] - I Don't Understand: You are guaranteed to gain limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The value of the gain goes hand-in-hand with the amount of points above 6 that you have risen.

Example: Draws submachine gun and unloads in the nearest hostile creature's face.  Die hellspawn! [5 Weak eyesight -1, rifle champion +1, well within range +1=6] Your weapon blares and the monster's twisted face is instantly eviscerated, exploding in a magnificent shower of blood and grey matter, staining the walls of the cavern a deep crimson as he slumps to the ground. You also hit Joe in the arm. Why did you hit Joe in the arm?

Inventory:
The items in your Equipment section will be dropped with and stored in your pod, so make sure to retrieve it when dropped. Credits are stored electronically through the MRU. The only clothing you will be permitted to wear is standard isue along with your Atmosphere Suit.

The MRU:
Any colonist can requisition personal items using the MRU which will be delivered instantly to it. Ballistic magazines and energy battery packs can also be reloaded and recharged at the MRU. Larger items such as structures and vehicles may require assembly upon delivery. Item prices will be determined on a case-by-case basis. You can ask for anything.

A REMINDER TO RANGED WEAPONS USERS
Ballistic weapons are severely outdated in this age. Some people still use them for their stopping power, mostly hunters. An energy weapon can potentially be more deadly than a rifle, but keep in mind that if a creature is charging you, it will not slow down when you shoot it. In contrast, most energy weapons' projectiles will continue forever, with only a few exceptions to the rule. Thus, they have no maximum range, and are much simpler to use to fire upon distant targets.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:33:53 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

M-5 has been chosen.

Where will you settle Migrant? You all need to come to a consensus on this one; there will be three planets total when I'm finished. I have decided to allow future migrants to embark and colonise different planets. Hooray for galactic conflict! Your choice of planet will have a heavy impact on the way the game will be written and played.

Potential Colonies:
Planet M-5: A Sun-sized tropical planet with optimal gravity and atmosphere to support human life. Recent explorative teams were sent to the planet and are conducting surveys on site. Their reports contained detailed accounts of extremely large and complex plant life, with reports on animals being almost nonexistent. Last report was 2.35 Cycles ago. Water and oxygen will not be a problem on this planet, however food could prove to be a complication. The local flora will also prove extremely difficult to control if the exploration teams' requests for incendiaries are taken into consideration. Once you succeed in clearing some land, you may be able to start an extremely lucrative farming operation if any valuable crops can be discovered on site or imported to be grown. The cost of a well-established colony could become a major concern, as aggressive plant life may have to be managed and cleared daily to prevent reclamation of the land.

Planet L-12: A mountainous desert planet that is perpetually freezing despite night time only coming once every 9 cycles. The planet is famous for being the first intergalactic body to be set foot upon in the history of man. Unfortunately, it has since been forgotten and the status of the inhabitants is unknown at this time due in part to the difficult weather patterns impeding transmission. Constant meteor showers mean that shelter is very important and must be taken into account when settling this planet. Initial surface scans indicated abundant reserves of frozen water and spice which can be sold for a profit if refined. Several mining operations were once present on the planet and could potentially contain intact refining equipment. Anomalous gravitational occurrences have been reported, as well as records on the abnormal activities of the magnetic poles, making land navigation a challenge without advanced equipment. Wildlife has never been purported to exist here, which puzzles researchers to no end.

Planet O-19: Quite literally a ball of ice, this world is primarily consisting of frozen mercury, and lies just beyond the outer rim of the destination solar system. Once every three days its elliptical orbit passes particularly close to Sun Beta and the surface is temporarily rendered liquid. The planet is rather close to the system's asteroid belt, and experiences frequent meteoroid showers and even the occasional asteroid strikes. Primitive intelligent life has been purported to exist somewhere on the pocked and marred surface of O-109, and has even been rumoured to have constructed the beginnings of what we now know as society. Researchers speculate that they have likely already surpassed the Age of Stone and moved on to forging more complicated tools from the frozen mineral deposits secreted within the belly of the planet. It has an Earth-like atmosphere, but the air would turn to ice in your lungs despite this. The storms are said to be particularly deadly when they pick up.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:51:53 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll get my char up once im home.

Name : Leon Riggs.
Describe yourself : 5 ft 9 with long tangled black hair. Grey eyes and no beard, Leon is lightly built and fast on he's feet. He has scars lacing he's arms and leg's and one jagged scar coming down the left side of he;s face across hes eye all in the shape of claws from he's various hunts.
Profession : Hunter, Skills : Compound bow hunting, Stealth, Martial arts ( Can I have this skill back? I never really got to enjoy it last time )
What I brought : Class A Atmosphere Suit, 5 Units of Rations, 100 Credits, High Velocity Compound Bow, 30 Steel Tipped Arrows , Trap making equipment and basic trap materials ( Long length of Wire , Large collection of metal spikes in multiple sizes , long length of rope ) several knives in varying sizes.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:06:55 pm by mesor »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:41:40 pm by 10ebbor10 »

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile

Reserving a spot.

Spoiler: Migrant K2055 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:27:56 am by crazysheep »
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate: The Second Team - Currently Recruiting
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 03:19:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here's my char sheet. I hope I didn't ask for too much stuff.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:04:33 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Reserving a spot.

Spoiler: Migrant K2055 (click to show/hide)

Where will you settle Migrant?
Spoiler: Chosen Colony (click to show/hide)
Just so you know, absence of gravity(ie space) causes people to grow larger than normal, not smaller. Unless there was a famine on the ship, of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 08:46:38 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:35:59 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 09:27:49 am »

First post edited.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:38:03 am by mesor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 11:55:07 am »

I suppose I neglected to make this apparent enough. There will be one other planet, a third, as soon as I write it in. I didn't intend for you to submit your planet with your character sheet. So please don't.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 12:00:48 pm »

Also, for those of you who haven't yet done so, you are meant to detail your own inventory. What you ask for is what you get. Once all the players are in some balancing will occur, and if you ask for nothing, then you will receive generic equipment as opposed to colourful and personalised gear.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 12:03:03 pm »

Was mine ok?
I did ask for kinda a lot of equipment in mine.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 12:06:11 pm »

Was mine ok?
I did ask for kinda a lot of equipment in mine.
Don't worry about how much equipment you'll get to keep.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 12:08:31 pm »

Hah ok anything I dont ill just have to buy back afterwards.
As long as I've got my bow and my trapping kit im good the rest was just to make things a little  easier :).
If I try to waste the focus on a silly ankle wound this time please feel free to have the moon fall out of the sky and land on my head.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18