Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Best and Worst of: Chairs  (Read 13353 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Best and Worst of: Soft Drinks
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 10:35:54 pm »

Prefer root beer. Which is convenient, because apparently it's generally the least acidic on your teeth.

Of course, I also prefer flat soda, so that might not be a coincidence.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 10:37:25 pm »

Prefer root beer. Which is convenient, because apparently it's generally the least acidic on your teeth.

Of course, I also prefer flat soda, so that might not be a coincidence.
Pst. Hey, hey. Hey, listen.

There's a quick and easy way to turn soda flat. Boil it. And then you can cool it off, or steep tea in it, or whatever. Microwaving works, too, just stick a toothpick or somethin' in it too to make sure it doesn't explode. Maybe a minute, maybe two. Check occasionally, but don't nuke it for very long.

Just in case you didn't already know. Now you do!

E: Oh, also. Straws. Straws make all soda least acidic on your teeth.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:41:35 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 10:43:22 pm »

Cherry Coke is the one soft drink I keep going back to. Pepsi with Lime was awesome when it was sold, but my local supermarket doesn't carry it any more. Mango and Passionfruit Fanta's quite nice too.

On the other side, Diet Coke is nasty, Generic supermarket coke is worse, flavoured energy drinks (Relentless. Ugh) are disgusting and Mountain Dew is fermented demon piss.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »

I enjoyed Cola Zero, Cherry Cola Zero, Cherry 7-UP, Barqs Rootbeer, and Sprite Zero before I quit sodas cold turkey.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 10:53:27 pm »

I have a bottle of Code Red by my side, tonight. I'm not fond of it per se, but I desperately need some extra energy. I'm making a family of six languages, you see, and I've finished languages 1 and 2, and am working on #3. In family terms, if the mother-tongue was predictably eccentric (odd inner workings, but completely irregular), numbers 1 and 2 were the well-behaved Polynesian-looking children who occasionally had fits (weird verbs, but nothing unlearnable). Number 3 looks for all its life like the product of Mom's unholy one-night stand with Cantonese and is p. fucked up because of it.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 11:05:18 pm »

Mountain Dew is obviously the worst.  I also like its alternate name, phosphorylated diabetes precipitator.

Best overall is Coca-cola, but it's rough on your teeth.  Big Blue is awesome but seems pretty rare.
Shoes...

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 11:07:46 pm »

Dew haters, I cant see how you can stand to drink that sludge that looks and tastes like sewage, dark pops are nasty.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 11:11:08 pm »

It doesn't look like sewage, it looks like soda. It really doesn't have any good analogue.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 11:16:12 pm »

Shush, it looks like caramel color 050...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 11:31:04 pm »

Well, I used to be a dew-holic. I've since stopped drinking soda/pop unless I'm out at a restaurant, and even then, I usually only have one (refills on pop/coffee/tea are free here. Usually.)

I had a fucklong day today, and I picked up a 44oz dew. First drink went fine, but the second drink gave me the worst heartburn and nausea ever, all while tasting horrific.  My brain basically went, "WTF, dood? I thought you gave this shit up?" I'll drink cherry coke, but even it is often too syrupy and sludgy for my tastes nowadays.

I'll stick to my limeade.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 12:00:28 am »

Have any of you guys seen those awesome vending machines that let you have any brand soda in any flavor using this neat touchscreen things? Those are awesome!
They have one of those down at my local Fudruckers.

It sucks.

Because there is only one machine, and it is the ice dispenser and everything else at once,
and it's in an area with little room around it, and it gets crowded over there.
I have to wait for ice when I want to get tea. Wait while the soda people get their soda.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 12:14:17 am »

1.Pepesi Blue
2. Store Brand Watermelon
3. Some Japanese Soda I drank that one time when I visited the World of Coke in Atlanta.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 01:35:37 am »

You fools be hatin' on tha 'Dew? Don't make me catch a flight over there an' kick yo heathen asses!

More seriously, Mountain Dew has to be my favourite soft drink. Maybe Australian 'Dew is better than the American variety?
They used to have awesome commericals on TV, too.

I like ginger beer, does that count as a soft drink? Sarsparilla, though, is icky. (Is that how you spell it? I think so...)

Edit: Fuddrucker's is a hilarious name, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:42:04 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 01:41:57 am »

Ah, soft drinks. Everyone likes at least one, nobody likes 'em all.

I, for one, love Sprite and root beers most. Cream sodas and most fruit-flavored soft drinks come second.

I can't even drink most of the dark cola-style sodas, though, they make me feel ill (although it's most likely the fact they have caffeine in them, which I'm hypersensitive to).

Funny enough, I only like Sprite. None of the other, similar drinks are nearly as good to me for some reason.

As for Mountain Dew, a few of the special flavors they make are all right, but I can live without the normal stuff.
Nothing important here, move along.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 01:57:23 am »

I love Dr Pepper for some reason. Sodas are not the kind of thing I drink a lot, but I do like to have a can of Dr Pepper when I can find one. I'd buy a large bottle of it if there was any here, but then again it's probably better that it's still an imported drink rather than tailored to french tastes (which means LESS SUGAR  >:( ).

I also quite like this thing. Hamoud. It's algerian, it has been around for quite some time (it won a bunch of medals during an exposition in Paris in 1889 or something, that's what they wrote on the bottles), and it's difficult to find outside that country. Oh well.

I like flat sodas too, which is cool, since I tend to be the only one around my circle of friends. I get to finish the bottles !

Coca-Cola is boring, and I really hate Mountain Dew.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19