Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Best and Worst of: Chairs  (Read 13354 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Best and Worst of: Chairs
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:43:36 pm »

The time has come to start generating arguments.

The worst soda is, without a doubt, Mountain Dew. God, it is so utterly disgusting in both appearance and taste. I don't know how anyone can withstand it. Appropriately, it is all my soon to be diabetic roommate drinks.

The best soda is Vanilla Pepsi and all of you fucking cretins who got it taken off the market have my eternal ire. This is why we can't have nice things.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:23:00 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best and Worst of: Soft Drinks
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48:14 pm »

I hate all soft drinks and I hate you for liking them.

How dare you.

How. Dare. You.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »

Mexican Coke is pretty good. Otherwise, when I drink soda, I usually have Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr. Pepper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 09:51:37 pm »

Best soda EVAR: Diet Pepsi Lime.

I drank a metric fuckton of the stuff in high school, as I always had spare change. Every morning, I bought one so as to wake me up. It is now an intrinsic part of me. Note: the diet part is important.

Runner ups:
TaB
Dr. Pepper
Regular ol' Pepsi

Worst soda EVAR: I can't actually remember the name, but it was a lemon/lime soda I had in elementary school. It was disgusting. I think it was a generic-ish brand. EDIT: I remember the name now! Shasta!

Runner ups:
Sprite
7-up

Mountain Dew is somewhere in the middle for me. I'll drink it, and moderately enjoy it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:58:55 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »

I hate all soft drinks and I hate you for liking them.

How dare you.

How. Dare. You.
Also, teen pop sensations are the most valuable contributions to all music and reading is for stupid people!

SEND ME YOUR HATE

I LOVE IT
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 09:53:00 pm »

I'm fond enough of mountain dew. It's smoother than stuff like coke or pepsi, though as with all of the things the taste leaves a bit to be desired.

That said, mountain dew makes a bloody excellent base for green tea if you've got a sweet tooth. Turns out like a cross between molten grapes and molten sugar. It's a bit of a big if, though, because the stuff is seriously, seriously sweet.

As for favorites... root beer of some sort. Generally Barqs (Killer when used as a base for gojiberry tea), but the whole host of the rest of them tend to be excellent as well. I'll drink a bit of coke-cola when I've got a sore throat, because for some ungodly reason it sooths them for me.

The worst I've had's all been off brand stuff. Some are pretty decent, a lot are g'damn nasty.

The one I miss the most... blueberry minute maid. Not for the drink it self. No. Because if you mix a half glass of blueberry minute maid with a quarter glass of pepsi and a quarter glass of dr. pepper, it turns swamp-water green and tastes absolutely delicious. They haven't sold blueberry minute maid where I'm at for years, and knockoff brand blueberry stuff generally tastes pretty bad.

My general advice! MIX AND MIX SOME MORE! Apple juice goes pretty well (in a relative sense, in that it's drinkable at all) with coke and mountain dew and pepsi. Most sodas when mixed end up tasting like children's chewable aspirin for some ungodly reason, especially if orange soda of some sort is involved.

S'all I got at the mo'. Except that I will never drink diet soda. The stuff in soda that kills you isn't what that stuff takes out :P That and most artificial sweeteners taste absolutely foul to me :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 09:55:39 pm »

Have any of you guys seen those awesome vending machines that let you have any brand soda in any flavor using this neat touchscreen things? Those are awesome!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 09:58:07 pm »

... you mean the internet? On a touchscreen computer?

Delay for getting the stuff can get extensive, but the selection is hard to beat.

Seriously though I've never seen that and am terribly surprised it exists, because there is an unholy hellherd of soft drink brands.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »

Mountain Dew is a bit meh. I prefer the off-brand mountain chill. Much better IMO.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 10:02:33 pm »

I like Sierra Mist. Yup, that's pretty much all I have to say.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »

I like Sierra Mist. Yup, that's pretty much all I have to say.
Ooh I remember that stuff. It's nasty :P

Apparently I have a hatred of lemon lime sodas.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 10:04:13 pm »

Rootbeer is the best Softfrink ever. Glory to the Roothegamon.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 10:04:20 pm »

... you mean the internet? On a touchscreen computer?

Delay for getting the stuff can get extensive, but the selection is hard to beat.

Seriously though I've never seen that and am terribly surprised it exists, because there is an unholy hellherd of soft drink brands.

Well I may have exagerated. N ow that I think back I think its all the ones affiliated with Coca Cola
It's FEF, not FEOF

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »

Tesco Value Coca-Cola is the worst soft drink I've ever had.  Their regular cola is actually ok (like almost all colas) but the value stuff created a unique burning sensation at the back of my throat that took it into the "painful to drink" territory.

My favourite is any purple variant of J2O.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:50 pm »

Worst soft drinks I've ever had the misfortune to imbibe would be Mountain Dew and this one generic root beer that tasted like licorice.
I've had that. I didn't remember having it because my mind blocked it out until you triggered the horrible memories. Why, Naxza. Why.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19