Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You own an interstellar mercenary company! (Sequel/Reboot)  (Read 2187 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: You own an interstellar mercenary company! (Sequel/Reboot)
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 09:27:15 am »

If I can, I'd like to join as a medic, preferably in Charlie squad.  Name is William Myers.  He was going to school to learn medicine when his money ran out.  He was chased by people he'd borrowed from, and was trying to get away from them.  He never really learned how do anything but be a doctor, but couldn't stay in one place for long.  He applied to MacLeod's Immortals as a medic, and they accepted him for his extraordinary medical abilities.  They handed him a gun, and despite several attempts, he has yet to hit the broadside of the barn.
(This character okay?)

Right.  I think I misread your post.  Just change what I said to Posting-To-Watch.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:44:19 pm by Thecard »

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:46 am »

AWWWYA!! I love this thread and good to see it back. I see we have a secretery now, so what to do?
Both Alpha team goes with the other mercs wall every one else goes after artilery.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 09:52:37 am »

AAH, someone finally posts a decision.

Everyone who wants a character, I will not be making characters for all of you, to make it simpler for me.
Also, Sprin, the Alpha squad isn't the squad with the characters, and I think you might have been meaning the Razor team? If not, correct me.
-----------------------------------------------------------

You stand up, leaving your papers on the desk, and opening the door of your office, a decision set in your mind. Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie will depart to destroy the orbital cannon, and Razor will help in boarding the transport ship.

You turn down the hall, heading for the actual barracks where your men would make their beds, looking for Gordon.

You spot him sitting on a top bunk in a corner, huffing on a large cigar, sending puffs of smoke washing across the ceiling. As you walk over, he nods towards you, saying, "Hey, Boss."

"You'll get yourself killed if you keep doing that, you know." You point out, "Get Razor together, we are going to do some Marine work."

You start to walk away as Gordon mummers in acknowledgment, the recruits from the general squads moving out of your way, looking in awe of your presence. You seek out the squad leaders for Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie, telling them to get their squads suited up, and outside of the hangars in fifteen minutes.

You go outside, shielding your eyes from the bright sun, your boots nestling among green grass. You walk over to the Hangars, seeing the mechanics and pilots chatting it up around a small table, one man dealing cards, several others holding a pair in their hand.

In the hangars, you can see six different craft. Three TS-E5's, which are basic transport ships, and the three CS-A7's, which are essentially fast moving harasser craft, that can hold up to four people.

You will definitely need an A7 or two for Razor's boarding mission, and all three E5's for the cannon sabotage mission. If you use all three E5's, you have room to load up the APC and Tank on one or the other to provide extra support.

You stand outside the hangar, waiting for all of the men to get prepared, as you attempt to make your decision.
I need to put something interesting here.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 10:50:50 am »

Use two of the A7's for Razor squad's mission. Use all three of the  TS-E5's with the rest of the regiments attack, bringing along the tank.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »

Yeah, probably what I meant.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 07:04:09 pm »

You tell the pilots of two A7's to warm up their engines, along with three E5's.

In a couple minutes, Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie are loading up in the E5's while mechanics attach the T23 to the bottom of an E5.

As they take off for their destination, you grab a rifle and don your own gear, loading up into an A7, along with Reg and Lilith, while Mark, Greg, Lars, and Keith load up in the second. The A7 shudders as it starts to take off, heading towards the atmosphere at frightening speeds.

Then, as if the ship had crashed, it exits the atmosphere, and you feel weightlessness, your magnetic boots the only thing keeping you rooted to the floor.

The two A7's speed off towards the coordinates the Black Watch has given you. As soon as they see your crew, they will launch their own marines into the Sol freighter.

Eventually, the radar picks up several contacts, one large, presumably the freighter, and half a dozen drone craft, which should do close to no damage to an experienced pilot. You see red-hot gauss fly through space, lasers burning holes in armor as the Black Watch begins their attack on the front of the ship, with the mind of working their way down.

As the A7's start to draw closer, you see two possible points of entry. A hangar, and a hatch on the exterior hull that leads to the engine room. You could also try blasting a hole in the side, and making your own damn door, just for pure mercenary kicks.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 07:18:54 pm »

Use the Black Watches attack as a distraction, we should board the freighter ( I assume it is quite large) And knock out the guards and secure the shipment. have our A7's support the Blackwatch attack once we are dropped off, after the battle radio in to see how the other engagement is going, or has went. Edit: Go in through the engine room, we might make them have a force landing if we pull it off right.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:21:57 pm by Elfeater »
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 07:20:08 pm »

*504 error made me repeat myself*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

Use the Black Watches attack as a distraction, we should board the freighter ( I assume it is quite large) And knock out the guards and secure the shipment. have our A7's support the Blackwatch attack once we are dropped off, after the battle radio in to see how the other engagement is going, or has went. Edit: Go in through the engine room, we might make them have a force landing if we pull it off right.
Sounds good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 07:58:08 pm »

Thanks I wasn't sure if that plan would go over well, any other ideas?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 08:00:29 pm »

Nah, you're good at taking all the good ones.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 08:23:20 pm »

You tell the pilot to pull up to the hatch, and he places the A7 a couple careful feet from the hull of the cargo ship while the other A7 fights off drones.

You, Reg, and Lilith jump off, floating in free fall for a second before coming to a thud on the hull.

Lilith starts to get to work with her blowtorch, as the second A7 drops the rest of your crew nearby, and then both flies off to assist the Dark Watch.

Silently, the hatch pops open, and Reg jumps down first, wielding his personal shotgun. You follow, along with the rest of Razor.

It's pitch black, and you have to turn on flashlights to see anything, giving you a sense of Deja vu. There's a door, and the dual engines that make the cargo ship run, and not much else.

Suddenly, shots ring out on the door, causing your squad to take cover, despite the fact they do not penetrate, and the door is still shut. You could try opening the door and advancing, or try something else.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 08:29:52 pm »

Where is the rest of our squad? I thought we brought in two A7's right? But yeah we could set a guard on the door and hijack the engines. As long as they cant get through we are good, and they wont use explosives in the engine room.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »

The two A7's only hold four each.

Razor Team is 7 people. 3 on one, 4 on the other.

What do you mean by hijack?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 10:00:29 pm »

I meant if the ship is airborne we use it to force them to land, if it is a boat, we shut them off entirely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3