Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 21: Back Where You Started]  (Read 28802 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 3, Floor 1: "Diplomacy"]
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 12:35:52 am »

Turn 4, Floor 1: Splitting Up

Scream in terror. Open eyes. Scramble if monsters are visible, else get up and move towards the middle of the group.
[4] You scream and thrash, but there are no visible monsters. So you return to the group.

"Hm..." Matt raises his head to look around, listening to the relatively-nice voice of the woman.

Look around for a way upwards.
[6] The best way to get up is to follow someone who's already gotten up, right? Well, the woman got up there somehow, she'd probably know.

"Errrmmn... We probably shouldn't just.. uh... hang around here too long."  Morry studies the others huddled together in the room.  "I think... they'll probably do something bad to us if we just stay here awhile."

Move closer to the main junction, hoping to recognize any difference between the various routes.
[1] You get foreboding feelings of doom from all three- no, four directions! OH GODS IT'S LIKE A MAZE YOU'RE LOST!

...oh, except most of your teammates are serving as convenient markers. UNLESS THEY'VE MOVED ALSO!!!

He considered the response. Money was far more useful than sending apparently randomly kidnapped people through .. here. He decided against the obvious next step of threatening the obviously insane person. Establishing leadership over the commoners would be more useful.

"Hrmph. Anyone who wants to survive, come with me."

Advance down the right path.
[3] You tiptoe down the right path, noticing that one of the walls seems uneven. Hrm, almost like a stone door on your right.

((Request: Actions be bolded for clarity, to differentiate them from other uses of literary devices.

Also @ Irony: I'm assuming we can all hear the omnipotent voice?))

"Do something bad or not, the voice wants usefulness from us. Now I'm thinking we're being used as pawns to explore this area for traps and other deals that would clear a path for whoever is to follow." Aira chuckled at the thought. "I've been hearing too many stories from the mercenaries and adventurers who frequent my place, excuse me for that."

"Let's not split up, now, shall we?"

Whistle loudly, hoping to see if it echoes down the 'empty' halls. Then advance down the right path behind the other man.
((Yeah, you can all hear the voice.))

[2] You fail to whistle louder than your teammate screaming. You follow the man down the right path.

Well, you try. Then someone picks you up, turns around, and promptly trips, dropping you onto the hard stone floor.

"Aye, I'm not going down that there path without some protection. Ah, you'll do.

Pick up Aira, holding her to my side like a log, and run down the left path.
[6] You heft her over your head and charge down the left passage. [1] Then you trip. Ow.

Look each way, then run after Garret.
You follow Garret to nearly past the intersection on the left. [4] You notice a stone door to your right.

"Hey look, I found a door! I'm going through, anyone who want's to come with me, don't hang around."

Wait for people to follow me if they want, then go through this door.
Since nobody seems to want to follow you, you simply head through the door on your own.

This first requires opening it, which proves a bit trickier than expected; pushing on it does nothing, nor does attempting to pull it left or right. Trying to pull it up causes it to start grinding up of its own volition, however, and soon you're able to enter the small stone chamber it leads to.

There's not a lot in here- just mossy walls, other than the cauldron. It's gold-colored, a bit bigger than your head, and held up to about waist level by long struts bolted to the floor. It appears to be empty.

As people begin entering the intersection, a grinding noise is heard from the left passage. A moment later, strange, wet, squishy noises follow from the same.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 4, Floor 1: Splitting Up]
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 01:09:18 am »

Inspect the couldron closely but try not to touch it. Is it rigged up to something? Is there anything else in the room I could use?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 01:51:13 am »

"Nice work, Mr. Muscles. Watch your feet first before you pick me up without warning." Aira said, standing back up while brushing the dirt off her hands and body. "I'd not like much it if you use me as a bodyshield, just for your information."

Glaring at the man, she hears the noises.

"And you picked the best path nearest to the strange sounds. Bravo!"

Get the fool who picked me up and retreat with him to Abby's path! Try to discern what was causing the noises as I retreat.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 07:12:20 am »

"I stupidly don't get paid fire this damn..." Abel muttered, trying to regain his orientation. "Whatever... Maybe someone will hire me for protection..."

Follow those that look that they have much money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2012, 07:56:31 am »

Open the door dramatically and enter with purposeful stride.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2012, 08:10:12 am »

((I'm thinking Abel and the rest are still stuck at the entrance, right?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2012, 09:02:24 am »

"Well, lacking in options..." Matt sighed, moving towards the bungled call he had heard a few moments ago.

Follow the fat man up to the right passage and help him open the door if necesary. If not, try to visually examine what is beyond the doorway.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14:02 am »

Strange, squishy noises?

RUN. AWAY FROM THE NOISES!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2012, 09:18:55 am »

Strange, squishy noises?

((Yes, let's run away into the other corridor with seemingly quiet noises. Or fail trying.  :P))

"We've no money!" Aira called as she dragged the red-bearded sod up. She knew a mercenary when she heard one, and decided to use the opportunity to their advantage. "But protect us well, and we'll split the loot 60/40, including your wage for a fortnight!"

Hopefully, DiezIrae agrees.  :P

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2012, 09:26:38 am »

Strange, squishy noises?

((Yes, let's run away into the other corridor with seemingly quiet noises. Or fail trying.  :P))

"We've no money!" Aira called as she dragged the red-bearded sod up. She knew a mercenary when she heard one, and decided to use the opportunity to their advantage. "But protect us well, and we'll split the loot 60/40, including your wage for a fortnight!"

Hopefully, DiezIrae agrees.  :P

"I ACCEPT!" Abel shouted. "But I will hunt you down if I don't get it! The only thing to never betray you is money after all!" So he just ran after Aira.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2012, 09:29:55 am »

"I think I'm going to regret that...no matter. Erm, Barbarossa, can you get up now? Red Beard can't stay down forever!

"Help me with him, please."
she said, pointing to the prone body that was sir red beard. The knight who had tried to carry her.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2012, 11:55:52 am »

"Aye, that won't be necessary, lassie! I can do it myself.

Jump up from off the ground and charge through the left path, fists flailing!

((I am being such a dummy here. Typical arrogant Scot. :D))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2012, 03:50:50 pm »

Turn 5, Floor 1: First Contact

Inspect the couldron closely but try not to touch it. Is it rigged up to something? Is there anything else in the room I could use?
[2] It's... er... you're not really sure.

"Nice work, Mr. Muscles. Watch your feet first before you pick me up without warning." Aira said, standing back up while brushing the dirt off her hands and body. "I'd not like much it if you use me as a bodyshield, just for your information."

Glaring at the man, she hears the noises.

"And you picked the best path nearest to the strange sounds. Bravo!"

Get the fool who picked me up and retreat with him to Abby's path! Try to discern what was causing the noises as I retreat.
"Aye, that won't be necessary, lassie! I can do it myself.

Jump up from off the ground and charge through the left path, fists flailing!

((I am being such a dummy here. Typical arrogant Scot. :D))
[4] vs [6] Aira attempts to drag Garret after her, but Garret breaks free and charges down the left path.

[3] You skid to a halt right in front of the thing making the noises- a giant snail, roughly chest-high at the shell.

[3+1] vs [3] It lashes you with its razor-bladed tongue, opening painful gashes along your left forearm and shoulder.

-1 HP

Meanwhile Aira walks into the room with Abby. She sees the cauldron.

"I stupidly don't get paid fire this damn..." Abel muttered, trying to regain his orientation. "Whatever... Maybe someone will hire me for protection..."

Follow those that look that they have much money.
Due to a tragic lack of bolding and striking out your former actions, you follow the wealthiest-dressed guy here, rather than the girl who offered to hire you. Oops.

Open the door dramatically and enter with purposeful stride.
You slide the door upwards, stride purposefully in, and are immediately ambushed by a three foot long centipede from the walls.

[2-1] vs [4]
[1] vs [4]

The vermin flails at you uselessly while you stumble back, flailing at it uselessly while it shimmies to the side.

((I'm thinking Abel and the rest are still stuck at the entrance, right?))
((It's not a particularly long hall, but yes, anyone who hasn't moved is still loafing around the former stairs.))

"Well, lacking in options..." Matt sighed, moving towards the bungled call he had heard a few moments ago.

Follow the fat man up to the right passage and help him open the door if necesary. If not, try to visually examine what is beyond the doorway.
[2] There's a centipede.

Strange, squishy noises?

[4] You run down the right passage, past the well-dressed, blue-haired, and fairly average guys. You come to a stop not much further, as the path ends at the wall of a T intersection.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 5, Floor 1: First Contact]
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »

Verock runs after Aira chickening spacing out for a bit. Then, assist them with whatever.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 5, Floor 1: First Contact]
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 03:58:17 pm »

"Hmm, an enemy."

Punch the giant centipede.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14