Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 21: Back Where You Started]  (Read 28779 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 1, Floor 0: The Short Version]
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 08:51:03 am »

"...Why are you so upbeat"

"'S how I handle people and situations like these, I suppose," Aira said. "Optimistic is better than being sad all the time, especially when you've got to look after a whole tavern of drunken louts and only armed with your quarterstaff to keep them from getting rowdy...

"Anyway, I don't think bargaining with the disembodied voice is a good idea. She'll just laugh at us puny mortals and summat'."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 2, Floor 1: The First Test]
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 10:19:47 am »

"...Well, we'd better get a move on, lads!"

Garret takes out a trio of juggling balls, If he has any, and rolls them towards the light.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 10:35:42 am »

Morry follows mostly behind the others.

"Somehow, splitting up doesn't seem like a... great idea."  He frowns at the rich tailor, hands tucked under his arms.  "I hope they don't want money..."
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 06:46:44 pm »

Turn 3, Floor 1: "Diplomacy"

Looking up; Abel grits his teeth and does the only thing he could in this situation, shouting: "Who are you and what the hell do you want?" at the voice.

Closing eyes to get them a bit used to the darkness.
You get a reply of more mocking laughter.

"Want? Who says I have to want something? You're free to do as you like... though you might end up as a rotting corpse."

More laughter.

[2] Closing your eyes just disorients you when you open them again.

Kiaphus does the same, and moves towards the middle of the group.
[6] You close your eyes and attempt to navigate by touch and sound. [1] Needless to say this involves bumping into a lot of people before stumbling into a wall and falling onto the hard stone floor.

Ow.

Abby searches the room for useful things.
[3] Hm... Oh. That's odd.

There's a door to the left, just before the junction. It's stone, and there's an image on it of... a gaping maw, you think.

"...Why are you so upbeat"

Seek light nearby.
[3] Hm... the light doesn't seem to have an obvious source.

Elizo walked slightly behind the group, running his fingers through his hair in an attempt to clean it of stray debris and muttering complaints about the kidnappers stealing his ivory comb. After the expendable commoners ahead stopped, he took the opportunity to right his appearance as much as he could in the near darkness, and yelled into the darkness straight ahead.

"Whatever you want for my freedom, I'll pay! Let me out!"

Fix appearance. Attempt ransom.
Rather cruel-sounding laughter echoes from behind and above you. You turn, but still can't see anything.

"The only thing I want from you," the same voice from before says unpleasantly, now coming from the darkness nearby, "Is usefulness."

"...Well, we'd better get a move on, lads!"

Garret takes out a trio of juggling balls, If he has any, and rolls them towards the light.
You are sadly bereft of juggling balls. These monsters, have they no sense of decency?!

Morry follows mostly behind the others.

"Somehow, splitting up doesn't seem like a... great idea."  He frowns at the rich tailor, hands tucked under his arms.  "I hope they don't want money..."
You shuffle forward a bit, but the group mostly stays together and still.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 3, Floor 1: "Diplomacy"]
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 07:50:07 pm »

Scream in terror. Open eyes. Scramble if monsters are visible, else get up and move towards the middle of the group.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 08:00:55 pm »

"Hm..." Matt raises his head to look around, listening to the relatively-nice voice of the woman.

Look around for a way upwards.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 08:11:00 pm »

"Errrmmn... We probably shouldn't just.. uh... hang around here too long."  Morry studies the others huddled together in the room.  "I think... they'll probably do something bad to us if we just stay here awhile."

Move closer to the main junction, hoping to recognize any difference between the various routes.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 08:37:50 pm »

He considered the response. Money was far more useful than sending apparently randomly kidnapped people through .. here. He decided against the obvious next step of threatening the obviously insane person. Establishing leadership over the commoners would be more useful.

"Hrmph. Anyone who wants to survive, come with me."

Advance down the right path.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 08:43:36 pm »

((Request: Actions be bolded for clarity, to differentiate them from other uses of literary devices.

Also @ Irony: I'm assuming we can all hear the omnipotent voice?))

"Do something bad or not, the voice wants usefulness from us. Now I'm thinking we're being used as pawns to explore this area for traps and other deals that would clear a path for whoever is to follow." Aira chuckled at the thought. "I've been hearing too many stories from the mercenaries and adventurers who frequent my place, excuse me for that."

"Let's not split up, now, shall we?"

Whistle loudly, hoping to see if it echoes down the 'empty' halls. Then advance down the right path behind the other man.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »

"Aye, I'm not going down that there path without some protection. Ah, you'll do.

Pick up Aira, holding her to my side like a log, and run down the left path.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 09:17:08 pm »

"Aye, I'm not going down that there path without some protection. Ah, you'll do.

((I-

-_-

Wow, thanks. Real nice move. I'd be astounded to see you carry a person with one hand, given your notion of 'picking up'. Especially... :())
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:25:09 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 09:21:00 pm »

Look each way, then run after Garret.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:31 pm »

((I-

-_-

Wow, thanks. Real nice move. I'd be astounded to see you carry a person with one hand, given your notion of 'picking up'. Especially... :())

((My guy's a Muscular Scot. He had to it at some point, and I thought, why not now?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 10:29:53 pm »

((Did you put in the idea that I'd resist? No?

Fine.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 10:45:22 pm »

"Hey look, I found a door! I'm going through, anyone who want's to come with me, don't hang around."

Wait for people to follow me if they want, then go through this door.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14