Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Uncharted Waters Online - Like that old game you remember, except MMO  (Read 13838 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Waters Online - Like that old game you remember, except MMO
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »

Well Seven hours into it, I finally manage to get to the intermediate Maritime exam. And it's completely impossible.
"And for the last part, fight off three bigger, better armed, better equipped, better skilled, and better crewed ships at the same time"

Now my battle honor is 0 from losing the battle so many times, my money is all gone, and I have lost all patience for this game. I should not need to beg for help from older players to beat THE TUTORIAL. It's ridiculous. I have the best ship I can afford and sail, upgraded guns, and upgraded ship parts.

And you want to know the funny part? I COULD beat him in melee. I just die before I can even make it in range unless I position my ship perfectly before the battle starts, and the fates deign to allow me to approach.

And then he retreats when its clear I'm winning, and then I immediately disintegrate. Otherwise I get oneshotted because of the absolutely fucking RETARDED critical mechanic.

I'm switching to the trader school.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:39:09 pm by Kaitol »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 05:21:13 pm »

With so much patience, you'd think you'd have time to think.  "Maybe if I keep losing this fight, I should perhaps not do it yet."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2012, 10:35:03 pm »

Except its the tutorial. Which kind of implies you do it first. And it goes from pathetically easy things to that, with no buildup or forewarning. And you advised doing it first. So basically I was having fun coasting along then its NOPE NIGH UNBEATABLE WALL out of nowhere.

School is for learning, not raping a student with a heavily armed fleet and repeatedly killing them in the first volley.

Although my language may have been slightly excessive upon reflection.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:40:18 pm by Kaitol »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 08:34:26 am »

Is that the final test? It does make sense it would be a big wall for you to overcome. Also try doing enough quests to get enough fame to equip the thing they gave you. I think it needs 500 fame trade/adventure/maritime depending on your job.

Also use the first Guild card you get to change to a better job. Something with repair.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 09:34:37 am »

It's the final quest of intermediate school, before you go to advance school.  It's pretty tough, but you don't need to "beg older player help".  At the very least, you need to match numbers.  3 Pirates vs 1 Player isn't a fair fight.  Having a few noobs in your fleet will help.  I think the quest even says that, "You may need to ask help" or something.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 10:08:54 am »

It's the final quest of intermediate school, before you go to advance school.  It's pretty tough, but you don't need to "beg older player help".  At the very least, you need to match numbers.  3 Pirates vs 1 Player isn't a fair fight.  Having a few noobs in your fleet will help.  I think the quest even says that, "You may need to ask help" or something.

Not to mention the only real "tutorial" school is basic. Everything else is optional goodies that you really should do anyway. Even the Merchant stuff is hard to do entirely by yourself due to the sheer amount of cargo you need in the timeframe you have. Intermediate and Advanced schools are not REALLY meant to be done by yourself without a lot more work, I feel.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 12:14:27 pm »

Not to mention the only real "tutorial" school is basic. Everything else is optional goodies that you really should do anyway. Even the Merchant stuff is hard to do entirely by yourself due to the sheer amount of cargo you need in the timeframe you have. Intermediate and Advanced schools are not REALLY meant to be done by yourself without a lot more work, I feel.
In the Merchant Inter school, the graduation thingy, I think it was option four for me, if you had Casting, was to deliver OneTool to the Shopkeeper in London. c:

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 02:16:16 pm »

In the Merchant Inter school, the graduation thingy, I think it was option four for me, if you had Casting, was to deliver OneTool to the Shopkeeper in London. c:
He must've REALLY wanted that tool. All I remember was pigs. Lots and lots of pigs.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 04:29:16 pm »

The pigs were advanced school.  You need 5x "drills" and the easiest of which is "deliver 30 pigs" so you show up with 150 pigs and hand them over to this flamboyant Indian man who surely has the best of intentions for these 150 heads of swine.  He checks them too, as you turn them in, to make sure they're legit.

Nothing creepy here at all, surely.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2012, 04:54:23 am »

Damn, everytime I find a bay12 thread about MMO I currently play, it's abandoned I:

If anything, yes I do play it v: Even if dungeons broke everything.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2012, 08:23:56 am »

Yeah i play it on and of still.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]