Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: were creature corpses  (Read 1159 times)

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
were creature corpses
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:03:26 am »

So I reclaimed a perfectly good fort I ruined since I wanted to do another megaproject.

Anyway I died to the 6 forgotten beasts and 1 trapped were creature I had marinating in my pits.

Further reclaims gradually whittled down that number. One iteration in particular led to the epic battle of the were ass vs boredom - where he slaughtered my newly minted hamemrer and axe settlers.

Reclaim later - aside from random weirdness (floating artifacts) I see that their corpses use the icon of the were creature.

But they died before they had a chance to turn.

I thought it was cool - also wanted to check if this means that they died as infected beings; so if resurrected would it result in full reanimation into a were creature during a full moon, and undead under normal circumstances?

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: were creature corpses
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:34:59 am »

You gotta try it out and tell us. This calls for Science!

darkgloomie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:57:46 am »

I thought it was cool - also wanted to check if this means that they died as infected beings; so if resurrected would it result in full reanimation into a were creature during a full moon, and undead under normal circumstances?
makes one wonder, if they really did turn under the full moon, would they fully return to life, or simply become undead after the moon passes?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:56 pm »

But they died before they had a chance to turn.
You sure? When mine died as a were-creature it turned back into a normal corpse. Resurrection removes the were-creature interaction. I can confirm this, but you don't need my confirmation - Toady removed it to stop the bug where fortresses would be overrun with self replicating hordes of zombie were-creatures.

Kirdus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:18:51 pm »

It makes me wonder if were-creatures are Dwarves/elves/humans that can turn into beasts, or beasts that pretend to be dwarves/elves/humans.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 06:58:44 pm »

I remember reading a post about an earlier version where it seemed that a zombie were-creature that lost an arm (and whose arm  reanimated) would regenerate into two full were-creatures on the full moon.  Don't know if that still applies.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 12:32:42 am »

Not sure either :P.

I don't get necromancers here, so its pretty difficult to test the raising of dead bit.

Which incidentally I want to do pretty badly - I have an idea to convert this map into a fun adventure mode situation - I have piles of corpses!

There is a little cottage where I can keep 1 dwarf outside of the fortress mains. I'td make for a pretty interesting adventure mode playthrough.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 04:11:34 am »

I remember reading a post about an earlier version where it seemed that a zombie were-creature that lost an arm (and whose arm  reanimated) would regenerate into two full were-creatures on the full moon.  Don't know if that still applies.

Toady removed it to stop the bug where fortresses would be overrun with self replicating hordes of zombie were-creatures.
No more :<