Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new building: coliseum!  (Read 1050 times)

Blu_vs_Red(tf2_gamer)

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
new building: coliseum!
« on: October 05, 2012, 04:54:55 am »

why not add a likeness Coliseum? is the place where warriors battle not only with themselves to death (or not :)), but also caught enemies and animals.also need to take care of about the places for the spectators, because of the fight, they will be raised the mood ...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: new building: coliseum!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 04:57:48 am »

Um...players can sort of already build this.  Really skilled and patient players. 

Please let this not be a spambot...

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Blu_vs_Red(tf2_gamer)

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:05:50 am »

Yes, but the dwarves not rising the mood, they just escape from the enemy. I personally think that this construction would be very good since she kills two rabbits one shoot: Improves mood of dwarves, increase experience forces, not only the long-range forces ...

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:42:56 am »

One of the most suggested ideas around here, and also planned already ;)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:43:10 am »

it has been suggested before a number of times.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:19:50 pm »

While the topic's here... how could this be implemented? Would it be better as a room or a zone?
I vote zone, it allows more freedom and arenas don't really require a specific kind of furniture.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 06:21:57 pm »

I vote a room, defined by spectator seats. If no one watches its just an execution.
come to think of it you could also define this from a chain, where your prisoners are. perhaps if we had more versatile chains it could work. by which i mean chaining people together,  or making someone drag a chain and ball behind them to discourage escape attempts. Or even something like chain or rope ladders.
Wow, im really off topic. ill end this post now.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »

The spectator seats bit makes sense. Would they be chairs or a different thing?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Blu_vs_Red(tf2_gamer)

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 11:41:35 pm »

better course chairs ...

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 11:35:57 am »

While the topic's here... how could this be implemented? Would it be better as a room or a zone?
I vote zone, it allows more freedom and arenas don't really require a specific kind of furniture.
I'd say it's best to merge room and zone designation eventually.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 11:39:21 am »

I'd say it's best to merge room and zone designation eventually.
This sounds interesting...
Maybe someday, yes...
Sig

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 02:34:19 pm »

For now, I think a zone designation similar to a hospital (oh the irony) would work best. I'm not sure that you can extend a zone into multiple z levels though, so at the moment you'd need either trenches or fortifications to actually let dwarves watch the show safely.

A military dwarf who is not busy or a gladiator dwarf could organize an event, similar to the party mechanic. Thrones in the zone would be filled by dwarves when a champion chooses to fight a prisoner or animal. Available targets could be placed in cages inside the zone. The dwarf releases the prisoner or animal, then they fight. For additional fun, traps inside the zone could hit allies as well, to make things more interesting, but that should be toggleable. I imagine not everyone would enjoy that.

Thoughts?