Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pressure, a mix of HellMOO and SS13  (Read 1579 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pressure, a mix of HellMOO and SS13
« on: October 04, 2012, 07:28:30 pm »

Hello. Seems odd to be doing this, but I've found a new, starting up game that mixes two things that seem to hit it off on B12. Pressure is a MOO writen with the HATEMoo code and Wayfar infrastructure. From what I have been able to tell, it is effectively going to be SS13 underwater, with hellmoo themes and other fun stuff. It is in development, but rounds currently work, sort of. The maps, from what I can tell, are going to be randomlyish generated. PLEASE NOTE THE GAME IS NOT ACTIVE YET.

The address is meux.org Port 7778. Come join us.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:04:23 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pressure, a mix of HellMOO and SS13
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:13:29 pm »

Posting to watch.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:16:21 pm »

...with hellmoo themes and other fun stuff...
Wait, so, rape stuff?

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 09:22:49 pm »

Okay, I've been poking around for 5 minutes and I already got a handful of ruptures in my hands. If you ever need test subjects, I'll be around.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:33:06 pm »

SS13 underwater
Oh. I didn't notice at first... Surprised the name didn't instantly ring any bells, but this made me realize.

Hopefully this can compete with the fictional original, or else there might be a lot of whining virgins, hah.

Dagon_

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 11:24:33 pm »

Hi guys! I'm Dagon, former HellMoo admin and lead designer of Pressure (if you can really call what I do "leading" or "designing").

Glad to see this getting attention, but I'd like to note that, while you are free to connect and chat with us or hang out, we are not ready for players at the moment. An influx of people have been connecting today and looking for an actual game to play, presumably because of this post. Most of the stuff we have working is locked out of the sight of non-admin characters and most of what is visible is a godawful buggy mess. I just don't want people to connect, see a ton of bugs and little to no usable content, and then write the game off and leave.

Also, just for posterity:

...with hellmoo themes and other fun stuff...

Wait, so, rape stuff?

No. Not rape stuff. We're set in the same "universe" as HellMoo, so you'll see a lot of setting-related recurring themes, and we'll have a lot of the same sort of humor and writing style, but rest assured that there will be little to no officially-sanctioned cybersex and certainly no rape, of orphans or otherwise.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 12:03:43 am »

Oh, oops. Let me fix that post. Sorry Dagon.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.