Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Ultimate Challenge [Now Featuring Phoebus Texture Pack!]  (Read 21122 times)

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:RETARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Challenge
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »

Good luck wyrm, How are you going to secure the lava?

Anyhow, I got a pool of water now!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the top!

The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117366.0
Made By: Hunger

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2012, 07:26:03 pm »

Slate had just started and the wooden platform over lava around half-complete, when I realized I had no magma-safe stuff! Oops. Anyways, my militia commander is going to make charcoal, and then I'll fuel-glass some blocks.  In unrelated news, I now have a strawberry farm.

The lava's secure, it's in a tube in a tall mountain and the surface is actually a z-level below ground level. The trick is, I'll probably have to have the stockpiles right next to the furnaces on the lava, so once basic defenses are up I'm probably flooring over to.e volcan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2012, 07:43:50 pm »

1st of Limestone, 128.

We raided a elven caravan, got some more clothes for us.
MrWillSauce killed them all, not even sparing a elf.
We got 2 more babys and they are so hungry, WHY?
Our food stocks are running low and so is moral.
But, only 7 more years to go!

Here is a picture of the fort:
The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2012, 07:45:25 pm »

Muhahahahahahahahaaha! Can you decorate my room with elf bone totems?

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2012, 07:49:31 pm »

Muhahahahahahahahaaha! Can you decorate my room with elf bone totems?

Can do :p if you don't mind the rotting corpse.

Also, Here is your dwarfs profile:
The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 07:51:08 pm »

Any relationships/children?

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2012, 07:52:37 pm »

Any relationships/children?

No.
It is quite surprising seeing how everyone loves you but you don't have a relationship yet.

The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2012, 07:53:39 pm »

No matter! I need no more companionship then my bloody warhammer.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2012, 07:54:54 pm »

Slate had just started and the wooden platform over lava around half-complete, when I realized I had no magma-safe stuff! Oops. Anyways, my militia commander is going to make charcoal, and then I'll fuel-glass some blocks.
I did one worse than that--with no stone and metal so expensive (and no iron, only steel anvils), I ended up not bringing anything fire-safe. I totally forgot that I couldn't gather clay without building a kiln first, which seems silly. Still, it's not like I usually get my fire-based industries up before the first caravan anyway.

Minedclosed has both clay and sand, and I'm still debating whether it's worth making bricks as well as glass blocks. I could just leave them gathering clay forever and use it raw, but this challenge is making me prideful. I've also got sun berries, which is nice, but I don't seem to have any elves, so I'm going to be strapped for cloth if I don't find rope reed somewhere.

Aside from the ultimate 10-year goal, my personal objective is to develop cave adaptation. Drat, blocking out the sun doesn't cause darkness.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:06:52 pm by doublestrafe »

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2012, 08:07:05 pm »

I'm having trouble with water. I built a wooden cistern in the main hall but the well exploded and the water froze during the winter months along with all of the ponds and the streams. Two dwarfs died from thirst.

The meadhall has been doubled in size and I perched a watchtower on top of it. Also we finally have individual housing units to accompany the cramped dormitory.

The barracks is buzzing to the sound of dwarfs fighting in mismatched armor with whatever odd weapons the mountainhome bartered for our *Turkey Egg Sunshine Roasts*.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2012, 08:47:06 pm »

I'm having trouble with water. I built a wooden cistern in the main hall but the well exploded and the water froze during the winter months along with all of the ponds and the streams. Two dwarfs died from thirst.

The meadhall has been doubled in size and I perched a watchtower on top of it. Also we finally have individual housing units to accompany the cramped dormitory.

The barracks is buzzing to the sound of dwarfs fighting in mismatched armor with whatever odd weapons the mountainhome bartered for our *Turkey Egg Sunshine Roasts*.

How did the well explode?
The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 09:35:47 pm »

Once my glass industry is up and humming, I have some plans, ranging from "use the murky pongs as a source for emergency wells" to "build a neat fortress, with most of it suspended above the ground." First priority will be a wall, though.
Sadly, nothing evil has shown up. Dammit, I thought that fiddling with advanced worldgen parameters to reduce most kinds of evil would increase the chance of getting the other kinds!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »

It is the 14th of Slade, 129
I bought a axe to include a axedwarf into my military.
my population is exploding with babys, and some children.
I also got 4 Hammer Lords now, All thanks to MrWillSauce.
not much has changed around the fort, the same old hustle and bustle.
We reached 42 Citizens so I will be expecting ambushes soon, I bet it will be those damn elfs.

Here is a picture of the fort:

Here is the Citizens:

Here is the Animals (Tamed):

Here is the Animals(Untamed):

Here is the Dead:

Once my glass industry is up and humming, I have some plans, ranging from "use the murky pongs as a source for emergency wells" to "build a neat fortress, with most of it suspended above the ground." First priority will be a wall, though.
Sadly, nothing evil has shown up. Dammit, I thought that fiddling with advanced worldgen parameters to reduce most kinds of evil would increase the chance of getting the other kinds!

You are using murky pools as a water source?
Good luck surviving for 10 years.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:42:30 pm by Hunger »
The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2012, 09:53:56 pm »

It's the only water I have, rain happens, and how much will dwarves need water, anyways?
And, again, what other options do I have? Magma wells?
Sig

Hunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2012, 10:02:46 pm »

It's the only water I have, rain happens, and how much will dwarves need water, anyways?
And, again, what other options do I have? Magma wells?

Seeing how you will either have to make booze from surface plants which take a long time to get a farm working, or drink water.... You will need water, otherwise you will have no food reserves.
The Ultimate Challenges
(Can you beat them all?)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11