Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suspicious candy is suspicious.  (Read 1678 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Suspicious candy is suspicious.
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:26:39 pm »

So I found candy, and I used dwarven radar to find the hole. And... nothing. The spire appears completely solid. I see impending doom.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suspicious candy is suspicious.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:49:06 pm »

Mine it anyway.

Have Bridge/Door ready to be locked.

Actualy block it off with a miner down there to be sure.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 09:52:05 pm »

Well... they're coming now.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:06 pm »

Dorfen radar only works if there is dirt to place a plot there. (As in, there is dirt, somewhere down below. Radar fails if there is water or no dirt.) I believe the stone right before the FUN occurs is marked as warm stone.

Don't quote me on that.

Le ninja'd: You breached it...... SAVE SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »

Sigh, dwarven radar never failed me before.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 10:19:18 pm »

You did have a bridge ready to seal off the area before you started mining candy, right?

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 10:24:51 pm »

You did have a bridge ready to seal off the area before you started mining candy, right?

No, for some reason I didn't do that this time.

Well I saw thing to the end... time to save scum!

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 02:27:56 am »

Dorfen radar only works if there is dirt to place a plot there. (As in, there is dirt, somewhere down below. Radar fails if there is water or no dirt.) I believe the stone right before the FUN occurs is marked as warm stone.

Don't quote me on that.

Le ninja'd: You breached it...... SAVE SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!

That is only with the Farm Radar. You could also use the Road Radar. Try to build a paved road in unknown territory and you will see if there is solid ground there, regardless of muddiness.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 04:36:01 am »

I thought Toady removed the dwarven radar exploit a few versions back?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 10:35:29 am »

feed the candy clowns kittens And pray

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 03:20:58 pm »

I thought Toady removed the dwarven radar exploit a few versions back?

It works perfectly fine in my current fort in 34.11.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."