Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does this always happen?  (Read 736 times)

Legoknex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Does this always happen?
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:09:38 pm »

Hey, I'm pretty new to DF and haven't played a lot, but I had to make an account here to post this. I started a new adventure with a dwarf and got a quest to kill a vampire. I figured it shouldn't be too hard for my axedwarf. Then I see that he had more then a thousand kills all over the place. I finally confront him and keep missing with my axe when a small human child, a little girl. Beat the vampire to death with her little fists. This guy had broken bones, bruised organs and was bleeding when he started trying to run. The little girl chased after him until he died from his injuries, she didn't even get hit by him. My poor dwarf will never live down the fact that a little girl beat the snot out of a vampire he couldn't even hit.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: Does this always happen?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:47:30 pm »

No, sometimes it's stray cats instead of little girls.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 12:52:49 am »

No, sometimes it's stray cats instead of little girls.
Or fluffy wamblers
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 02:34:29 am »

Vampires get a boost in stats, so you'll miss a lot and probably have to aim for the head to kill it. Usually it is indeed one of the peasants in the house that ends up kicking his head in, while I finish chopping off his last limb.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:40:45 am »

Children seem to be OP in this version of Dwarf Fortress...

From Elephants, to Carp, to Pre-HP Zombies and Bronze Collossus... and now Giant Sponges and Children.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 02:03:16 pm »

Also watch out if you decide to attack a village. It's not uncommon for children to get lucky kicks to your head, sometimes even through metal helmets. If the kicks don't jam your +panda leather cap+ through your brain, killing you instantly, then you'll probably be stunned long enough for some peasant to come along and knife you up something fierce.