Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dungeon Simulator: Turn 2: Poor helpless waypoint  (Read 5077 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dungeon Simulator: Turn 2: Poor helpless waypoint
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:06:39 pm »

Dungeon Simulator

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the ALPHA RELEASE of our "RPG Dungeon Simulator." We at Syntec have spent a decade working on this program, bringing the most releastic simulation of the thrilling combat, glorious loot and horrific deaths offered in a standard Role Playing Game Dungeon. During the public alpha, only FOUR participants may connect to a server at once. We apologize in any glitches with our curren Reality Neutralization Governer (RNG for short). As a thank-you to our players, each active player in the first group to reach the bottom of the randomly-generated dungeon will also win FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS and a signed copy of the game from Garry Newell, Syntec's CEO. Report any bugs at a Waystation, and happy looting!

NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO ILLUSTRATIONS. THERE WILL, HOWEVER, BE SIMPLE MAPS AND STATUS SCREENS.

Spoiler: Signup sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roll table and combat (click to show/hide)

Players:

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:

DERMONSTER
ADWARF
CRISON EON
BLADE MASTER MODEL 42
SPINAL_TAPER
GREATWYRMGOLD
THEROSPHERAE
LAWASTOOSHORT
FIREIY
TIRUIN
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:27:01 am by freeformschooler »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm here, no big surprise.

CHARACTER NAME (REQUIRED): Asheron Monlen
CHARACTER BIO: Asheron is member of an order of defense-oriented knights who wear heavy armor and crack the earth with their attacks. They are almost always clad in armor, from head to toe, to the point where most people think they are just animated sets of armor.
CLASS (REQUIRED): Sentinel of the Quakes
STARTING ITEM (REQUIRED): Greatarmor
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:59:20 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

CHARACTER NAME: Bruce Featherblade
CHARACTER BIO: Bruce is a human warrior who has spent his life attempting to unite the purity of Swordmaster's art with the raw power of the Sorcerer. An outside observer might quip that Bruce has united the pointless carnage of the warrior's life with the uncontrollable chaos of magic, but Bruce has never been one to let some unintended consequences get in the way of a good time.
CLASS: BLADEMAGE
STARTING ITEM: SWORDCHUCKS
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:35:25 pm by monk12 »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

CHARACTER NAME (REQUIRED): Ochita
CHARACTER BIO: Ochita was fighting in the mushroom kingdom, when he felt an odd tickling sensation. Passing it off, he continued on with his journey as normal. However, the tickling sensation was the feeling of an alternate version of himself being thrown though time and space, to this weird dungeon simulator thing?
CLASS (REQUIRED): Darkness lancer
STARTING ITEM (REQUIRED): Iron lance
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

I'm in! Character coming!

CHARACTER NAME (REQUIRED:( Jarrod Arkovitch
CHARACTER BIO: Russian Guy. Big. Muscles. Bald.
CLASS (REQUIRED:( Turtle Tamer
STARTING ITEM (REQUIRED:( Flail of the Seven Aspects

Dont'cha just LUURVE the KoL classes?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:18:25 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

CHARACTER NAME (REQUIRED): Derm
CHARACTER BIO: Derm
CLASS (REQUIRED): Derm
STARTING ITEM (REQUIRED): A generator gave me Cosmotosser.

ALL FIELDS ARE DERM.

Was not planning this as such but I was informed that I could.

Thusly it was spoken, thusly the action was taken.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CHARACTER NAME (REQUIRED): Danal Nathan
CHARACTER BIO: Danal is a blonde haired, and almond eyed young man of average height, his distinctive features are the Star tattoo on his right cheek, and the streak of pitch black in the bangs of his hair. He is rather rash, and charges into things head on, but can hold a cool head when needed.
CLASS (REQUIRED): Twin Blade
STARTING ITEM (REQUIRED): Sword of Fire
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:34:46 pm by adwarf »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

Why not?

CHARACTER NAME: Lyon Russel
CHARACTER BIO: Tall guy, incredibly gaunt figure. Always wearing a featureless black slate mask.
CLASS: Psychomancer
STARTING ITEM: Telekinetic Gauntlet

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

You will not let that go, will you, Spinal?

I'll take a wait list spot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

You will not let that go, will you, Spinal?

I'll take a wait list spot.
Derm's Dermin it, so why not?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dungeon Simulator: Turn 1: Time to Dungeon!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 11:06:19 pm »

OKAY THIS WAS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE SORRY GUYS

CHOSEN PLAYERS:

ASHERON MONLEN (CAELLATH)
BRUCE FEATHERBLADE (MONK12)
OCHITA (OCHITA)
JARROD ARKOVITCH (GREENSTARFANATIC)

EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE ON THE WAITLIST IN THIS ORDER:

DERMONSTER
ADWARF
CRISON EON
BLADE MASTER MODEL 42
SPINAL_TAPER
GREATWYRMGOLD

ALSO STATUS SCREENS TAKE TOO LONG SO I WILL USE LAWASTOOSHORT'S SYSTEM INSTEAD.

TURN ONE

Vwop vwop vwop vwop.

>OCHITA: ENTER
>ASHERON: ENTER
>BRUCE: ENTER
>JARROD: ENTER

POOF! Four VALIANT HEROES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT find themselves in a small, cube-like room. JARROD ARKOVITCH, a tall, burly Russian man plops down butt-first on the cold floor of the starting room of a dark, dank dungeon. He rummages around for his Flail - the Flail of The Seven Aspects - nearby. ... Luckily, he finds it intact and not damaged. However, it seems to have lost a bit of its Tortoise-y glow.

JARROD'S tamed tortoise, TERRY THE TORTOISE, materializes alongside him. What would he do without TERRY?

Nearby, a waft of purple haze materializes and dematerializes in the same moment. Left behind is a young boy with long, dark hair and purple robes: OCHITA! One moment he was fighting GHASTLY GUYS in the MUSHROOM KINGDOM, and the next moment he's right here. ... Not only does he still have his IRON LANCE, but it seems somehow empowered here.

BRUCE FEATHERBLADE spawns with a "BOINK" sound. It all happens too fast to question why. He looks around - where are his swordchucks, his precious swordchucks? ... Oh, right there in his inventory, thank goodness. They look a bit dulled, though. Great, now he's going to have to take  them to a SWORDCHUCK REFINERY!

Finally, a quick rumbling shakes the ground as a hole appears in the ceiling of the room, and ASHERON MONLEN falls through it! He lands straight on his back with a WHUMP. ... He is, thankfully, protected by his totally-intact GREATARMOR.

Before the four adventurers/heroes/looters/backstabbers have a chance to acquaint themselves with each other, a weird-looking sphere floating in the center of the room just above the tiled stone floor speaks in an electronic voice.

"GREETINGS PLAYERS," says the HELP SYSTEM WAYPOINT. "I AM KNOWN AS A WAYPOINT. I AND OTHER WAYPOINTS WILL BE YOUR GUIDE THROUGH THE ALPHA RELEASE OF RPGDS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO REPORT A BUG, PLEASE CONTACT ME. NOTE THAT DOCUMENTATION MAY NOT BE COMPLETE IN THIS RELEASE OF RPGDS. THANK YOU AND HAPPY LOOTING."

It starts to power down, but then remembers something.

"SYNTEC WOULD LIKE TO ISSUE A QUICK UPDATE: DUE TO BALANCE ISSUES, ENEMIES DO NOT PROPERLY SCALE TO GROUP LEVEL. THEREFORE IT IS ADVISED UNTIL THE NEXT PATCH TO TRAVEL IN A GROUP AS IT MAY PROVIDE AN ADVANTAGE."

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:56:44 am by freeformschooler »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Simulator: Turn 1: Time to Dungeon!
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 11:35:28 pm »

Attack the help waypoint! Time to do some BUG TESTING!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Simulator: Turn 1: Time to Dungeon!
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 11:36:23 pm »

Jumping on the waitlist train.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: [1] 2 3