Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should the limit of players be?

Eight is the perfect number! It's one more than seven, the number of dwarves we start with! Do Eight!
- 0 (0%)
Ten is the perfect number! It is psychologically satisfying to my decimal system love! Do ten!
- 0 (0%)
Four is the perfect number! That's how many times a dwarf drinks a year. Do Four!
- 0 (0%)
Six is the perfect number! It's the number of units we start with!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 07, 2012, 05:59:46 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Max's Ascension] COMPLETE!  (Read 4740 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Units:
Tsuchigumo was eliminated by Grek!
Grek:
Warrior 5: Killed by Greatwyrmgold
Warrior 6: 2 [POISONED] [This unit will take -2 damage next turn unless cured]
Warrior 7: 4[POISONED] [This unit will take -3 damage next turn unless cured!]
Warrior 8: 4 [POISONED] [This unit will take -3 damage next turn unless cured!]

Elfeater:
Warrior 2: Killed by Grek.
Warrior 3: 9
Warrior 4: 9
Archer 2: 5
Cleric 1: 2
Cleric 2: 5

Evilcherry:
Cleric: 5

Greatwyrmgold:
Warrior 2: Killed by Max McDreich
Warrior 3: 8
Warrior 4: 8
Archer 1: Killed by Max McDreich
Archer 2: 4
Mage: 3

Maximum McDreich:
Warrior 1: 8
Warrior 2: 8
Warrior 4: 8 [POISONED] [This unit will take -2 damage next turn unless cured]
Archer 1: 6
Archer 2: 6
Cleric 1: 5

Zomara0292:
Warrior 1: Killed by Greatwyrmgold in a firestorm!
Warrior 2: Killed by Greatwyrmgold in a firestorm!
Warrior 3: 3
Warrior 4: 3
Archer: 1
Mage:  Greatwyrmgold recommends burn cream!
Cleric 1: Incinerated by Greatwyrmgold!
Cleric 2: Ashes to ashes by Greatwyrmgold!

Player actions for this turn:

Grek:  COMPLETE
Warrior 5 attacks Warrior 2 of Elfeater [Dead]
Warrior 6-8 attacks Warrior 3 of Elfeater [3]
Warrior 7 takes 2 damage from poison! [4]
Warrior 8 takes 2 damage from poison! [4]

Elfeater:
Warrior 3-4 attacks Warrior 5 of Grek [1]
Archer 2 poisons Warrior 6 of Grek [6]
Cleric 1 heals Cleric 1 [4]
Cleric 2 heals Archer 2 [6]

Evilcherry: COMPLETE
Cleric does nothing this turn!

GreatWyrmGold:  [With the biggest kill count in one turn so far!!!]
Warrior 2 attack Warrior 5 of Grek  [Dead]
Warrior 3-4 attack Warrior 6 of Grek [2]
Archer 1 shoots Warrior 1 of Zomara [1]
Archer 2 attacks Warrior 2 of Zomara [1]
Mage flares army of Zomara!

Max McDreich:
Warrior 1-4 attack Warrior 2 of Greatwyrmgold [Dead]
Archer 1-2 attack Archer 1 of Greatwyrmgold [Dead]
Cleric 1 heals Warrior 3 [10]
Cleric 2 heals Warrior 4 [10]

Zomara: 
Warrior 3 attacks Warrior 1 of Max McDreich [8]
Warrior 4 attacks Warrior 2 of Max McDreich [8]
Archer poisons Warrior 4 of Max McDreich [8]

“CHARGE!!!” Shouts the Warlord Zomara as he spies the pristine armies of Max McDreich. “Make them work for it lads!” however a great and terrible power erupts amongst his troops. Where once there was a grand army there now stands only three survivors. The rest reduced to ashes, if there is even that remaining. Glancing across the fields Zomara notices the deadly wind originated from Greatwyrmgold’s mage! “Gah, continue the charge lads!” it’s too late to stop his armies charge yet. But deep in the recesses of his mind he plots his revenge.

[Please PM me your actions.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Turn Five] [Firestorm of Greatwyrmgold]
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2012, 02:47:42 pm »

Grek:  Complete!
Warrior 6-8 attack Cleric of Evilcherry [Dead]
Warrior 6 dies of poison [source: Elfeater]
Warrior 7-8 take 3 damage from poison! [1] [1]
Warrior 7-8 are no longer poisoned!

The great Warlord’s army lurched forward as the poison took it’s effect on their body. “I shall have one final kill.” Grek shouted as he shuffled towards the lone Cleric of evilcherry. The robed man tried to run, however he slipped in the blood of his allies. Laying upon the corpse of his closest friend he looked up at the sadistic smiling face of Warlord Grek “I may not be in this world much longer… I want you to do something for me. A sort of prayer if you will.” The fear dissipated from the Cleric’s face “Oh, certainly your lordship. Wh-what prayer would you like me to recite? I know a great man-“ The man was interrupted “It’s more of a message really.” Relishing the confusion on the cleric’s face Grek helped him to his feet “Walk with me.” Despite the chaos of battle around them the two walked as though old friends “I want you to tell the gods something for me since I do not think I will be in their kingdom.” Smiling the cleric replied “Anything. What is it?” leaning in close Grek smiled “Tell them I’ll conquer them right after I get hell.” With that final statement Grek knocked the Cleric to the ground and stomped on his head hard enough to shatter it into small fragments “Come on boys! We head to battle!” Watching one of his men die of poison Grek continued to smile. Soon the greatest battle would begin. A battle between heaven and hell. A battle he had no intention of losing.

Warlord Grek has defeated Archmage evilcherry!!!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Turn Five] [A final request]
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »

Zomara has fled!!!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Turn Five] [A final request]
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2012, 08:15:48 pm »

Units:

Grek Was eliminated by Elfeater!
Warrior 6: Killed by Elfeater’s poison! He stayed a true man to the end.
Warrior 7: Killed by Elfeater! Died in a haze of blood and gore, as he wished it.
Warrior 8: Killed by Elfeater! He took many enemies with him!

Elfeater:
Warrior 3: 10
Warrior 4: 9
Archer 2: 5
Cleric 1: 4

Evilcherry: Was eliminated by Grek!
Cleric: Killed by Grek! He now has direct communication with the dead.

Greatwyrmgold:
Warrior 3: Killed by Max McDreich. His final words were of love.
Archer 2: Killed by Max McDreich. His final words were of family.
Mage: Killed by Elfeater. His final words were “Ouch that hurts like a bitch!”

Maximum McDreich:
Warrior 1: 4
Cleric 1: 4

Grek:  Complete!
Warrior 6-8 attack Cleric of Evilcherry [Dead]
Warrior 6 dies of poison [source: Elfeater]
Warrior 7-8 take 3 damage from poison! [1] [1]
Warrior 7-8 are no longer poisoned!
The great Warlord’s army lurched forward as the poison took it’s effect on their body. “I shall have one final kill.” Grek shouted as he shuffled towards the lone Cleric of evilcherry. The robed man tried to run, however he slipped in the blood of his allies. Laying upon the corpse of his closest friend he looked up at the sadistic smiling face of Warlord Grek “I may not be in this world much longer… I want you to do something for me. A sort of prayer if you will.” The fear dissipated from the Cleric’s face “Oh, certainly your lordship. Wh-what prayer would you like me to recite? I know a great man-“ The man was interrupted “It’s more of a message really.” Relishing the confusion on the cleric’s face Grek helped him to his feet “Walk with me.” Despite the chaos of battle around them the two walked as though old friends “I want you to tell the gods something for me since I do not think I will be in their kingdom.” Smiling the cleric replied “Anything. What is it?” leaning in close Grek smiled “Tell them I’ll conquer them right after I get hell.” With that final statement Grek knocked the Cleric to the ground and stomped on his head hard enough to shatter it into small fragments “Come on boys! We head to battle!” Watching one of his men die of poison Grek continued to smile. Soon the greatest battle would begin. A battle between heaven and hell. A battle he had no intention of losing.

Elfeater:
Warrior 3 attacks Warrior 7 of Grek[Dead]
Warrior 4 attacks Warrior 8 of Grek [Dead]
Archer 2 attacks Mage of Greatwyrmgold [Dead]
Cleric 1 heals self [4]
Cleric 2 heals Warrior 3 [10]
The mad dwarvern king Elfeater stood above the bleeding body of Warlord Grek. Oddly enough the two were simply looking at eachother. It was Grek who broke the silence “So much glorious bloodshed…. I am proud to have been part of it…” Elfeater smiled at the words “Alas you were truly the most dwarvern enemy I have faced in years. I thank you for the challenge.” Grek laughed aloud “I’m just glad to have… Killed so many… I go now to the afterlife…” Grek’s slow departure was sped along by Elfeater’s battle hammer crushing his head as though crushing an orange “I bid you find many battles against the elves in the afterlife.” It was truly odd to his men who had all been berated in one way or another harassed by their leader for being ‘too elven’… However their surprise turned back to complacency when Elfeater swung again into Grek’s body shouting about beating the elf out of him. The beating lasted several minutes.

Elfeater has defeated Warlord Grek!

Evilcherry killed by Grek!

GreatWyrmGold: 
Warrior 3-4 attack Warrior 1 of Maximum [4]
Archer poisons Cleric 1 of Maximum [4]

Max McDreich:
Warrior 1-4 attack warrior 1 of Greatwyrmgold [Dead]
Archer 1-2 attack Archer 2 of Greatwyrmgold [Dead]
Cleric 1 cures Cleric 1
Cleric 2 cures Warrior 4

Zomara:
Regarding the hordes of enemies still left to vanquish Zomara sank to his knees “We cannot win men… Not after that heavy loss… Join me.” Lifting his sword above his head he shouted to his gods “I come to join you!” so saying he spilled his own guts unto the ground. The remains of his armies fled the field as fast as they could with their injuries. Some made it home. Others were not so lucky.
Zomara has quit the game!

[Note to self: Do not let people join the game late. They may quit early.]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Turn Six]
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2012, 01:56:06 pm »

Units:

Elfeater:
Warrior 3: 2
Warrior 4: 10
Archer 2: Killed by Max McDreich. His quiver ran low as did his supply of blood.

Greatwyrmgold:.

Maximum McDreich:
Warrior 1: Killed by Elfeater. His head and body are going through a trial separation.

Zomara fled the battle!

Elfeater:
Warrior 3-4 attacks Warrior 1 of Maximum McDreich [Dead]
Archer 2 attacks Cleric 1 of Maximum McDreich [1]
Cleric 1 heals Cleric 1 [5]
Cleric 2 heals Warrior 4 [10]

GreatWyrmGold: 
Warrior 4 attacks Warior 3 of Elfeater [8]

Max McDreich:
Warrior 2-4 attack Warrior 3 of Elfeater [2]
Arher 1-2 attack Archer 2 of Elfeater [Dead]
Cleric 1-2 heals Cleric 1 [3]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Turn Six]
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2012, 04:02:56 pm »

Units:

Elfeater:
Warrior 3: Killed by Max McDreich. Very stout and strong. He came to the battle drunk. And now he is dead.
Warrior 4: 10
Cleric 1: 4 [POISONED] [-2 health next round unless cured.]
Cleric 2: 4 [POISONED] [-2 health next round unless cured.]

Greatwyrmgold:.

Maximum McDreich:

Zomara fled the battle!

Elfeater:
Warrior 3-4 attacks Warrior 2 of Maximum McDreich [4]
Cleric 1-2 heal Warrior 3 [6]

GreatWyrmGold: 
Warrior 4 takes no actions this turn!
The fluttering, torn, golden dragon upon the banner held aloft by Greatwyrmgold slowly fettered to a stop as its owner assessed the situation. Observing the battlefield and his wounded warriors he realized that he had no chance against the superior forces of the Dwarvern King Elfeater  nor could he defeat the vast hordes of Max McDreich. Deterred momentarily Greatwyrmgold simply observed.

Max McDreich:
Warrior 2-4 attacks Warrior 3 of Elfeater [Dead]
Archer 1 poisons Cleric 1 [4]
Archer 2 poisons Cleric 2 [4]
Cleric 1-2 heals Warrior 2 [8]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Turn Seven]
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2012, 09:37:53 am »

Units:

Grek was eliminated by Elfeater!

Elfeater:
Warrior 4: 4
Cleric 1: 3 [POISONED] [-2 health next round unless cured.]
Cleric 2: 3 [POISONED] [-2 health next round unless cured.]

Evilcherry was eliminated by Grek!

Greatwyrmgold has fled the battle!

Maximum McDreich:
Warrior 2: 10

Zomara fled the battle!

Elfeater:
Warrior 4 attacks Warrior 2 of Max McDreich [6]
Cleric 1 cures self
Cleric 2 cures self

GreatWyrmGold: 
  The blood soaked battle-ground stretched out as far as the weakened Greatwyrmgold could see. “… Retreat.” Said he in a low voice.
“What?” Exclaimed his last remaining warrior “What of immortality sir?”
“What of it? We cannot kill either one of them. We need to cut our losses. I will not see any more men killed because of my own greed today.”
“But we’ve sacrificed so much!”
“I know… But what more can we do?”
To that there was no response. As the remaining armies slew and fought their way to immortality Greatwyrmgold and his final lieutenant fled the battle.

Max McDreich:
Warrior 2-4 attacks Warrior 4 of Elfeater [4]
Archer 1 poisons Cleric 1 [3]
Archer 2 poisons Cleric 2 [3]
Cleric 1-2 heals Warrior 2 [10]

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2012, 09:22:53 am »

Units:

Grek was eliminated by Elfeater!

Elfeater has fled the battle!

Evilcherry has eliminated by Grek!

Maxinum McDreich has earned the secrets of immortality!

Zomara fled the battle!

Elfeater:

[/i] “Sire!” Cried a winded messanger as he ran into the fray.

“What is it? Can’t you see I’m strangling elf corpses!” Yelled the mad king as the armies of Max McDreich closed in on his remaining forces.

“That’s just it sire! Actual elves are attempting to siege our mountain-homes! Just as you said!”

At this the mad king Elfeater stood up from his corpse strangling “Actual elves?”

“Yes sire! Tall and lean! Short and thin! They siege with mithril, wooden armor, and even toys!”

“So the Klaus has finally commited to an attack! Retreat my lads! We head to more glorious battles! Leave these weak humans to themselves!”

As his army attempted a retreat however Max McDreich sent two arrows into the clerics nearly causing their death.

“Run along boys! I’ll handle them for now!” Cried the mad king as he dashed towards his foes.

“So the Mad Dwarf King finally agrees to battle?” Max stated atop his horse before he finally dismounted “I accept. It shall be one on one.”

“No. It shall be all on one. I don't need a handicap you elven coward!”

“So be it.”

With this all the remaining warriors charged, however Elfeater would have none of it. First the warriors charged him. He swiftly broke their swords using nothing but his bare hands. Knocking them away with a simple shoulder barge each he laughed as the Archers nocked their arrows. One pierced his knee armor but barely scratched the skin underneath, the second left a horrid scar across his fore-head. Before the could aim again his throwing axe made quick work of their bows shattering them to pieces.
It took less than twenty seconds for the Mad King to defeat the entire enemy army until only one remained.

Max himself stood before the dwarvern king now his long straight sword held aloft “It is just between us now Mad King. I shall end your reign and claim immortality for myself.”

Finally grabbing his shield, which had remained untouched through most of the battle, Elfeater replied “You can keep your immortality. There are live elves to be killed!” with that he charged into battle wielding nothing but a shield.

Max chuckled at the display has he swung hard at the tiny shield wielding man. Unfortunately for him this is exactly what Elfeater wanted. At the last second he halted his charge causing Max to overextend. With one final, almost herculean, show of force he knocked the King to the ground causing his sword to spin out of his hand. “I will not be killed while there are elves to be destroyed. You would do well to remember that. Seek me out when you’re prowess is greater.” With that Elfeater brought his shield down upon Max’s sword shattering it as well.

With his enemies down upon the ground Elfeater turned back towards his mountain homes and retreating men “To the elves!” He shouted as he too began to run, not from a battle, but towards a greater one.[/i]

Elfeater has fled the battle!

Max McDreich:
It took several moments for his army to raise to their feet. Max himself was particularly annoyed at this. He had outnumbered the enemy seven to one and yet they were all knocked flat on their backs “No matter.” He mumbled to himself as he reached into his pocket “I will be immortal. That’s all the time I need to destroy the foolish dwarf!” Unfurling the map he dictated his army towards a nearby woods. “It should be… There!”

A glowing pool indescribable in its beauty awaited only someone to drink from its water. “Is this truly it? The fountain of immortality?” He had waited long for this day. His family had spent generations searching for this, the most holy of treasures, until most went mad. Their family funds had dried up several generations ago leaving the King of a nation with only mercenaries and bandits to fight for him in the battles. “Drink my friends! Drink until you are full!” He watched as his army drank from the water. Soon he too went and took a sip.

Power! Unbelievable power coursed through his veins! He looked to the sky as he felt his body rearranging itself into a more powerful form! His eyes became sharper and glowed with energy! His muscle became leaner but more dense than even a dwarve’s! His heart ceased to beat yet his life-blood continued to flow! If only his army had been so lucky.

Legend has it that their forms were changed into those of lumbering beats. Large green-skinned creatures who were capable of regenerating entire limbs. Others hold that the legends were misinterpreted from their original language and what actually happened was that each became a lesser god, willing to follow Max McDreich to their eventual death. Still others hold that Max killed them as a demonstration to his new power. However none know the absolute truth. The only one who could tell has been gathering his forces for years since his ascension, plotting vengeance on the dwarf Elfeater.

Maxinum McDreich has become an immortal demi-god!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2012, 09:25:12 am »

Well uh... That's it. Max won. Is there anything that could make it better? Is it unfixable? Good points? Bad? Any feed-back is apprciated. I'm thinking of running V.2.0. soon. It hasn't changed since it's last incarnation a few posts ago. So any feed-back is liked...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2012, 09:56:23 am »

Looks good.

I'll make an army: Outcasts of the Wyrm.
Warrior
One troll
Two necromancers
Two clerics

Also, can I suggest some sort of terrain? Cliffs or walls which can't be crossed, dense vegetation that slows movement and blocks attacks, stuff like that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Max's Ascension!] COMPLETE
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2012, 10:21:50 am »

I was actually thinking of doing it on a new topic place thing. But I sorta like that idea. I'll see what I can't do.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Tactical Warfare V.1.0 [Max's Ascension] COMPLETE!
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2012, 10:38:45 am »

Signing up: To sign up pick up to 8 units and a color for your unit tokens.
Starting position: There will be several locations where units can start. When you sign up and the map is created you will be assigned one of these positions. Where your unit starts at in this area is up to you.
Objective: The objective of this game is to be the last player with a standing army. To this end you must select and army and use it to eliminate all competition.
Army Composition: Each army can have a maximum of 8 units. No more than 4 can be Arcane/Ranged.
Turn order: At the start of the game I will roll dice for each player. This will determine what order players armies will act.
Movement vs Attack: A unit can either move or use abilities on its turn. It can not do both. Attacking regularly is considered an ability.
Actions: In order to take your turn you must post it in the forum. This is to encourage more talk about the game.
Spoiler: Terrain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Traps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FAQ (click to show/hide)

Q. What does the number beside “Burst” mean?
A. It is the maximum range of the focal point. 5 means that a spells focal point can be, at most, 5 spaces away from its caster.

Q. What is an aura?
A. Aura’s are Radii abilities that are always on and do not require  this unit to use up their turn to use them.

Q. What does [Token] mean?
A. In the instance that it appears next to the unit name, it refers to how the unit will appear on the battle map.

Q. What does Radii mean?
A. A skill with the Radii tag effects all squares immediately adjacent to the caster. Such as below where O will be empty squares, C will be a cleric, and X will be squares effected by his spell.
Spoiler: Radii example (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: Unit Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Units (click to show/hide)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2012, 09:02:25 pm »

Tsuchi's Crew- Land Pirates!

2 Warriors
1 Assassin
1 Paladin
2 Archers
2 Clerics

Crimson color!

We're PIRATES! But we couldn't afford a ship.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2012, 09:06:51 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118006.new#new The newest version can be played and applied to here. Don't worry Tsuchigumo, I'll move that over there for ya. Unfortunately red is already taken.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2012, 07:50:01 am »

Paladin x 2
Troll x 1
Archer x 1
Cleric x 1
Necromancer x 1

I will take the blue color, if you don't mind.

((If you allow. I was trying to flee, not. . . . die. . . . now how am I to reuse this character?))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7